Mayberry?

Fantastic show.

I've been to Mt. Airy, the town on which Mayberry is based and where Andy grew up. It's a great little town. 15 years or so ago I ventured into Floyd's barbershop on a quiet Saturday morning and the current barber had me sit in Andy's chair, took my polaroid pic and put it on the wall! I have a Floyd's Barbershop t-shirt from that day. The home Andy grew up in is also a B & B you can rent for the night. It's some little unspectacular ranch nothing like that grand home Andy, Bea and Opie had on the show.

Don Knotts was great!

Funny story. When I was in 10th grade 50 years ago, yes, 50 years ago, we had a new student named Don Knotts. One day we had a substitute and she was calling the roll in a study hall. She came to Don's name, called it out, and said, "Don Knotts, where's Andy Griffith?" Brought down the house.

Andy passed up soooooo many hot girls and got stuck with that moody biatch Helen. He had a shot at a young Barbara Eden (manicurist), Jan Shutan (house guest that made Helen jealous), Susan Oliver (hot female prisoner) and many others. Heck, he would’ve been better off even with Charlene Darling. You just know that crazy mountain chick was wild as heck in bed, while frigid Helen probably only put out for Andy on his birthday every year or something.

1701528480974.png

Fantastic show.

I've been to Mt. Airy, the town on which Mayberry is based and where Andy grew up. It's a great little town. 15 years or so ago I ventured into Floyd's barbershop on a quiet Saturday morning and the current barber had me sit in Andy's chair, took my polaroid pic and put it on the wall! I have a Floyd's Barbershop t-shirt from that day. The home Andy grew up in is also a B & B you can rent for the night. It's some little unspectacular ranch nothing like that grand home Andy, Bea and Opie had on the show.
Great place to visit. I also have a photo of myself sitting in the chair at Floyd's. A great hike-bike trai system is in and near the town. Pilot Mountain is nearby. (Mt. Pilot in the show)
The actress who played Thelma Lou, Betty Lynn, went there to visit and ended up moving there in 2006. She made occasional local appearances almost up to her death in 2021 at the age of 95.
Rides in vintage police cars are available, and, of course, a lot of tourist shops. I started to jaywalk, and somebody in in one of the cop cars hollered out," Nip it in the bud!" I stepped back onto the curb.

Barney proposes to Mellisa and Thel gets a mad on about it.

M: Barney, wouldn't you just like to stay this way forever? Well, wouldn't ya?

1701899430720.png

B: Well yes... I guess.