Kenton Ridge vs Tipp City Wed.4th

CBCFan

Any predictions? KR is undefeated and Tipp barely over 500 but have played a good schedule. KR had a good win over Digital Harbor,MD at Braggin Rights and has 3 players averaging over 15 a game. Game is at Tipp.

Since no takers, I am taking KR by 15. Kenton Ridge may be the best team in the SW district this year in Div 2

CBC-

When these two teams meet, there is no love loss, and both teams really want this victory badly. KR is the better team right now, but Tipp's tough non-conference schedule (Carroll, Anna, Fairborn) will prepare them for this.

I believe Carroll is the most talented D2 team in Dayton, and their game Saturday vs CJ could be special.

What does that have to do with CBCs comments on KR being the best team in the SW District this year in D2?
I will explain. Over the past ten years or so, Kenton Ridge has done very well in the CBC (and state AP poll), but has been given an early exit from the tournament, usually at the hands of a GGCL team. Here is KR’s tournament results for the past ten years:

2011 lost to Alter in district final
2010 lost to CJ in district final
2009 lost to Carroll in district semi-final (KR ranked #8 in state)
2008 lost to Carroll in district semi-final (KR ranked #5 in state)
2007 lost to Tipp City in district semi-final
2006 lost to Little Miami in district final
2005 lost to Alter in district final (KR ranked #14 in state)
2004 lost to Badin in district final (KR ranked #1 in state)
2003 lost to McNick in district final (KR ranked #6 in state)
2002 lost to McNick in district final (KR ranked #14 in state)

Kenton Ridge has not won a district since 2000.

KR does not fare well against the best D2 teams in the region. And I think most us agree that the southwest region has some VERY good D2 teams.

I will explain. Over the past ten years or so, Kenton Ridge has done very well in the CBC (and state AP poll), but has been given an early exit from the tournament, usually at the hands of a GGCL team. Here is KR’s tournament results for the past ten years:

2011 lost to Alter in district final
2010 lost to CJ in district final
2009 lost to Carroll in district semi-final (KR ranked #8 in state)
2008 lost to Carroll in district semi-final (KR ranked #5 in state)
2007 lost to Tipp City in district semi-final
2006 lost to Little Miami in district final
2005 lost to Alter in district final (KR ranked #14 in state)
2004 lost to Badin in district final (KR ranked #1 in state)
2003 lost to McNick in district final (KR ranked #6 in state)
2002 lost to McNick in district final (KR ranked #14 in state)

Kenton Ridge has not won a district since 2000.

KR does not fare well against the best D2 teams in the region. And I think most us agree that the southwest region has some VERY good D2 teams.
User, you are right, but being a Public School with kids that live in the district makes their accomplishments and rankings that much more significant. Another reason to split the public/private tourneys. KR has also been to 2 final fours.

being a Public School with kids that live in the district makes their accomplishments and rankings that much more significant. Another reason to split the public/private tourneys. KR has also been to 2 final fours.
Agree. KR won regional titles in 91 and 95.

CBCFan, KR is notorious for having move ins.

Shadows, true, but I would still consider a parents choice moving into a district for a specific reason, be it academics or athletics far different than a private school being able to recruit from a large goegraphical area without the parents having to move, or in the case of most good athletes, having to pay tuition. I would guess that most parents who moved into KR district did so knowing that their child would also get a great education along with having good athletics. Still, there was a cost for the parent to put their child in that situation, not true in all accounts at private schools.

Last edited:
Great game by Elise Sharpe(36 pts) tonight. KR had no answer for her. Great game by two really good teams. Should be great game when they face each other again. Stars were out. Morgan Miller 21 for Tipp. Harris 19 for KR and Fenwick 18.

Congrats to both teams for a great game!

You are right CBC....the major ballers stepped up in this one. Sharpe, Miller, Harris, Fenwick all brought their game last night.