just heard a rumor on Centerville?

DrC51Si

I just heard that Centerville is bumping up to Division I next year?!

Is that true? Crazy. May go watch a couple of thier games if they did?

I suspect the rumor is true. On their website it says that lacrosse will not be recognized as a varsity sport until at least 2 years of play. They have now completed 3 years and quickly moved to the top of the club division. With OHSLA move to school size determining which division a team plays in, if Centerville becomes a varsity program they would be D1.

Congratulations Centerville

:thumb: Hats off to the administration for thinking out side the box, and making Lacrosse a Varsity Sport. More programs in the area should look at this as an alternative step to recognizing these young student athletes for their hard work. If all the Club teams moved in this direction Lacrosse will be a High School sanctioned Sport in Ohio sooner than later!!

Best wishes and luck to the Elks in their first season as D1 team in 2011!!!

Trying Year

They should be good and will win the games people expect them to win (Elder, Lakota West and East)
They will lose the ones you would expect (St X, Moe,Mason).
They should beat Sycamore and Loveland.
The big question will be who will they schedule out of D1.
I hope they will keep Milford on the schedule as it will be fun to watch a rematch of the championship. Club wise they should also keep Anderson in the mix.
They will need to pick up some of the stronger local D2 teams(IH, Mariemount, Turpin) and some out of area D1/D2 competition to the schedule to be prepared for the playoffs next year.
They will need to play a 15-18 game regular season to compete with the local perennials.

Best of luck next year and Congrats on the move to D1 again.

They should be very competitive. Look at Sylvania who moved from club to D1 this year. They were very competitive and that club became 2 teams! Expect Cville to surprise some teams next year.

:thumb: Hats off to the administration for thinking out side the box, and making Lacrosse a Varsity Sport. More programs in the area should look at this as an alternative step to recognizing these young student athletes for their hard work. If all the Club teams moved in this direction Lacrosse will be a High School sanctioned Sport in Ohio sooner than later!!

Best wishes and luck to the Elks in their first season as D1 team in 2011!!!

Agreed! ....Anyone know the plans for the other Club div powers? Milford and Anderson have been around for some time...they should be making the move as well (providing they have the support of the school).

Last edited:
According to the OHSLA website, in addition to Centerville in D1, Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy will have a team in D2 next year in the Southwest. Also, in the Northeast Holy Name & Padua Franciscan will have teams. Unsure if these are new teams or all are moving from the club division.