Is Canton GlenOak the most improved D-1 team in the state?

I don’t know enough about the landscape of others in D1 to answer this with accuracy.
However, GlenOak has to be in that conversation.

GlenOak definitely is improving though. They no longer are routinely getting embarrassed anymore week to week within the league like recent past years.

Arguably 2 plays away from being undefeated in Fed play with the Green/Lake losses being a combined 6 points. Wins over backyard rivals Hoover and McKinley are always nice to see.

Yeah, they already are +5 vs their regular season win total from last year (4-6). Pretty hard to argue against them.
Bradley last year beat two teams in the regular season that would later advance to week 12 (whereas GlenOak beat zero.) Scaling up from mediocre in the context of the OCC to having a really good team in a years’ time isn’t as impressive IMO compared to what GlenOak has managed to do.

Bradley last year beat two teams in the regular season that would later advance to week 12 (whereas GlenOak beat zero.) Scaling up from mediocre in the context of the OCC to having a really good team in a years’ time isn’t as impressive IMO compared to what GlenOak has managed to do.
Yeah, I was thinking that too as a GlenOak alum that lives in the Columbus area now. Both are impressive.

Personally, I wish GlenOak would schedule a non-con game against one of these Columbus area teams sometime. They’ve done Cleveland, Toledo, and Cincinnati area teams over the last decade or so but never touched opponents in this part of the state yet.

Yeah, I was thinking that too as a GlenOak alum that lives in the Columbus area now. Both are impressive.

Personally, I wish GlenOak would schedule a non-con game against one of these Columbus area teams sometime. They’ve done Cleveland, Toledo, and Cincinnati area teams over the last decade or so but never touched opponents in this part of the state yet.
I’d be interested in more Fed-OCC games, as opposed to when some OCC games do ‘buy’ games with the Columbus City League. It’s a shame that most of the two leagues’ interactions only come in the Region 7 playoffs.

I’d be interested in more Fed-OCC games, as opposed to when some OCC games do ‘buy’ games with the Columbus City League. It’s a shame that most of the two leagues’ interactions only come in the Region 7 playoffs.
Absolutely, I think a non-con scheduling agreement for 1 game a year where both these leagues play would fit very nicely.

The Fed has 4 non-con games since it’s a 7 team league. I think it would be cool league wide if all 7 made a slot for an OCC matchup.

Maybe even consider this hypothetical scheduling agreement for other sports too.

Maybe even consider this hypothetical scheduling agreement for other sports too.
I don’t know how useful it’d be on the OCC’s end to do a scheduling deal with the Fed for sports like baseball, basketball etc since there’s so many capabilities with the volume of schools in greater Columbus to fill out those slots.

However, if outlets like PBR do a weekend OCC/Fed challenge for baseball and something akin to Flyin’ to the Hoop comes on the basketball side for a weekend I think it would be a solid idea.

We've gone from being down 35 -0 in the first quarter against Massillon to holding McK to 3 points. Yes Massillon is a great team but they won't run McKinley off the field. GlenOak isn't fantastic right now but they're a LOT better than they were.Great job by the coaches and kids.

Definitely in the conversation. Whether we're talking from last season to this, or just during the season. This was a program that was having winless seasons and on life support in recent past. But before that very tough, beating McKinley and Massillon. Very happy for them.

Hamilton is 7-2, and will likely finish 8-2, with competitive losses to two teams a combined 18-0 (Badin and Princeton). The Big Blue was 3-8 in 2022.

I don’t know how useful it’d be on the OCC’s end to do a scheduling deal with the Fed for sports like baseball, basketball etc since there’s so many capabilities with the volume of schools in greater Columbus to fill out those slots.

However, if outlets like PBR do a weekend OCC/Fed challenge for baseball and something akin to Flyin’ to the Hoop comes on the basketball side for a weekend I think it would be a solid idea.
GO played New Albany and Dublin Scioto last yr in CBus in baseball. Went 1-1

GlenOak definitely is improving though. They no longer are routinely getting embarrassed anymore week to week within the league like recent past years.

Arguably 2 plays away from being undefeated in Fed play with the Green/Lake losses being a combined 6 points. Wins over backyard rivals Hoover and McKinley are always nice to see.
What 2 plays are keeping GlenOak from being undefeated in the Fed?