If Russia invades Ukraine pt 2

Last edited:
They operated in Afghanistan and were successful.

The French army is smaller but is well equipped and well trained. I have my doubts they could beat the Russians head to head but they’d hold up. It’s also important to note that Macron is talking about intervening to establish a backstop in the event of a collapse. He’s not planning to go on the offensive just keep western Ukraine from being overrun.

That is a task the French army can handle.

I know people mock the French, including myself, yet my dear departed father often stated the French special forces he encountered in Indochina during WW2 were indeed badass, more so than the British SAS and American OSS.

And speaking of the French:

Word of caution. I have not seen this story verified in French Media or elsewhere. That and it is almost certain the US has military advisors and contractors in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Washington Post with a major piece about Putin's transformation of Russia - exactly what American fascists want to happen here

To carry out this transformation, the Kremlin is:

o Forging an ultraconservative, puritanical society mobilized against liberal freedoms and especially hostile to gay and transgender people, in which family policy and social welfare spending boost traditional Orthodox values.

o Reshaping education at all levels to indoctrinate a new generation of turbo-patriot youth, with textbooks rewritten to reflect Kremlin propaganda, patriotic curriculums set by the state and, from September, compulsory military lessons taught by soldiers called “Basics of Security and Protection of the Motherland,” which will include training on handling Kalashnikov assault rifles, grenades and drones.

o Sterilizing cultural life with blacklists of liberal or antiwar performers, directors, writers and artists, and with new nationalistic mandates for museums and filmmakers.

o Mobilizing zealous pro-war activism under the brutal Z symbol, which was initially painted on the side of Russian tanks invading Ukraine but has since spread to government buildings, posters, schools and orchestrated demonstrations.

o Rolling back women’s rights with a torrent of propaganda about the need to give birth — young and often — and by curbing ease of access to abortions, and charging feminist activists and liberal female journalists with terrorism, extremism, discrediting the military and other offenses.

o Rewriting history to celebrate Joseph Stalin, the Soviet dictator who sent millions to the gulag, through at least 95 of the 110 monuments in Russia erected during Putin’s time as leader. Meanwhile, Memorial, a human rights group that exposed Stalin’s crimes and shared the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize, was shut down and its pacificist co-chairman Oleg Orlov, 71, jailed.

o Accusing scientists of treason; equating criticism of the war or of Putin with terrorism or extremism; and building a new, militarized elite of “warriors and workers” willing to take up arms, redraw international boundaries and violate global norms on orders of Russia’s strongman ruler.

Sounds like a key note from CPAC

They operated in Afghanistan and were successful.

The French army is smaller but is well equipped and well trained. I have my doubts they could beat the Russians head to head but they’d hold up. It’s also important to note that Macron is talking about intervening to establish a backstop in the event of a collapse. He’s not planning to go on the offensive just keep western Ukraine from being overrun.

That is a task the French army can handle.
Maybe I haven't read what you've read, but they were meh in Afghanistan. The French people are still very sensitive to casualties, and I doubt they would support much unless they were directly attacked.

Again consider the source as there appears to be no corroborating stories from Western news sources..The AsiaTimes is Hong Kong based and likely under China government control. If the stories of NATO troops in Ukraine are propaganda, they do seem to dove tail nicely with Russian threats over any NATO escalation:

The Russian nuclear exercises announced for today are "a response to the words of Western representatives", including French President Emmanuel Macron, about the possible sending of NATO soldiers to Ukraine, it was explained today in the Russian capital

A remarkably nieve plan that has close to zero chance of happening. Would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives had it been put into place in 2022. Now though? What’s the incentive
President Joe Nero wasn't paying attention as Russia massed invasion forces on the Ukrainian border beginning in April 2021.

Washington Post with a major piece about Putin's transformation of Russia - exactly what American fascists want to happen here

To carry out this transformation, the Kremlin is:

o Forging an ultraconservative, puritanical society mobilized against liberal freedoms and especially hostile to gay and transgender people, in which family policy and social welfare spending boost traditional Orthodox values.

o Reshaping education at all levels to indoctrinate a new generation of turbo-patriot youth, with textbooks rewritten to reflect Kremlin propaganda, patriotic curriculums set by the state and, from September, compulsory military lessons taught by soldiers called “Basics of Security and Protection of the Motherland,” which will include training on handling Kalashnikov assault rifles, grenades and drones.

o Sterilizing cultural life with blacklists of liberal or antiwar performers, directors, writers and artists, and with new nationalistic mandates for museums and filmmakers.

o Mobilizing zealous pro-war activism under the brutal Z symbol, which was initially painted on the side of Russian tanks invading Ukraine but has since spread to government buildings, posters, schools and orchestrated demonstrations.

o Rolling back women’s rights with a torrent of propaganda about the need to give birth — young and often — and by curbing ease of access to abortions, and charging feminist activists and liberal female journalists with terrorism, extremism, discrediting the military and other offenses.

o Rewriting history to celebrate Joseph Stalin, the Soviet dictator who sent millions to the gulag, through at least 95 of the 110 monuments in Russia erected during Putin’s time as leader. Meanwhile, Memorial, a human rights group that exposed Stalin’s crimes and shared the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize, was shut down and its pacificist co-chairman Oleg Orlov, 71, jailed.

o Accusing scientists of treason; equating criticism of the war or of Putin with terrorism or extremism; and building a new, militarized elite of “warriors and workers” willing to take up arms, redraw international boundaries and violate global norms on orders of Russia’s strongman ruler.

Sounds like a key note from CPAC
Looks like lots of Commie stuff, the kind of stuff the Democrat Party has been known for for about a hundred years now.

You cut lots of History classes in school, didn't you?