Green vs. Garfield

Let start with

Tackling at practice, after two years of poor Def tackling would you not throw caution aside and try to find kids that can tackle and play hard. Right now the only time you can evalueate talent is in the game. This should be done during the week at practice. I understand no injuries but at what point do you say this is not working. I guess not we run a draw 7 or 8 times, oh I get it maybe we will fool them this time.

League I rather not say at this point on the coaching, but I can tell you this he is a winner.

No adjustments made I cannot believe this is happening. It is but its not all the Head coaches fault. What I mean is the asst as well are mediocre at best. I feel real bad for these boys because its not all there fault.

Klear if the season continues to go this way that will be his best year record wise. Yes it wasn't the best of teams record wise but, we were in all the games but two. The lake game was close and the glenoak game went to double overtime. But thats in the past. the adjustments comment is right. he really doesn't make adjustments at halftime like a good coach should and that what really hurts green no matter how much talent you have. and I wasn't going to mention springfield but if you insist lol. lets see green's former offensive coordinator is there and last year they had two one thousand yard rushers. there are five green alumni on the staff and yes it's early in the season but they are having some very competive games atleast. they are one in one and i would say could possibly give green a run for its money if they played right now. yet those coaches weren't good enough to be kept like many other coaches from green who have been run off. Im just sorry for the players who have to go through this, they are better then what is happening on the field but they need the coaches to lead and teach them and help them out.

Green has no game breakers, no one that can take over a game. They are, overall, below average speed-wise. Defensively, thye think that putting the biggest guys on the field will help you stop people. WRONG!! You better put guys who are quick, smart and hard-nosed bashers out there. They are the types of guys who will wreak havoc in an offensive team's backfield!

Last edited:
THey really do not have a whole lot of good football players right now. They look like good players, they move around really well, but they do not do the fundamentals well. Kind of like walking in a store and seeing that long blond hair on that person in front of you, saying to yourself, "Yeah, she is a babe", then tapping them on the shoulder only to have it be a dude!! Green is masquerading as a bunch of guys that think they are a good football team, but they just don't appear to make any adjustments, and they don't seem to play with any enthusiasm.

THey really do not have a whole lot of good football players right now. They look like good players, they move around really well, but they do not do the fundamentals well. Kind of like walking in a store and seeing that long blond hair on that person in front of you, saying to yourself, "Yeah, she is a babe", then tapping them on the shoulder only to have it be a dude!! Green is masquerading as a bunch of guys that think they are a good football team, but they just don't appear to make any adjustments, and they don't seem to play with any enthusiasm.

That's the most effed up analogy I've ever heard. I hope none of your players read this.

How much do you wanna bet you'll keep mentioning Stacy's first year, and how it was his best year because that was YOUR senior year? Next you'll be talking about how good Springfield is...I wonder why....

All I know is that Green has had had 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years. This year, the D Coordinator is a guy who had a TON of success where he was, and it still doesn't matter. Bulldogs continue to get the same results.

Hmmm. What's consistent about the same results? Oh yeah. The head coach. Gosh, I sure thought it would take longer than week to to say "I told you so" but well, here it is. I told you so.

KlearDaSky, are you saying that the only reason the Bulldogs are losing is because of the players? So if the Bulldogs had some four or five star recruits, they would have no problem going 10-0? That seems like all Stacy needs is some D1 prospects. But who couldn't win with a bunch of terrific players that positively have a future playing football at the next level? The great, or even the good, head coaches are the ones that can win with the cards that they are dealt even if they don't have the greatest hand. I have heard that Stacy pretty much runs the same offense that he was under when he coached at Akron? Any truth to this? If so, I am sure its a good offense but maybe just not for the Green Bulldogs? I have been to a few games since Stacy has been the head coach and honestly I am not impressed. But I don't just mean that I haven't been impressed with the playing, but Stacy just doesn't seem to be a "team player". I mean I don't really see much of a connection like a football family should have between the coach and players. It's high school football. In my opinion, it just seems like Stacy thinks that he has done all he can to prepare his players to be perfect and if they lose, then it's because his players didn't execute or they aren't good. And another question...Klear, I have been reading threads on yappi for quite some time now but this is only my first post on here, it sounds like you think Stacy is flawless. I have been wanting to know, do you honestly 100% think that he shouldn't take even the smallest portion of the blame for any of his losses while at green?
Enjoy your day.

"Runs the same offense"?? Ask anyone at Massillon. He runs the same three plays. Forget same offense.

on the defensive side there were adjustments made in fact the game plan was pretty good the execution or the lack of execution along with the tackling or lack of seem to be the biggest portion of the problem.

"Runs the same offense"?? Ask anyone at Massillon. He runs the same three plays. Forget same offense.

I figured. The point I was trying to make is that a good coach would change their strategy/gameplan to adapt to their teams style of play. Thanks.

How much do you wanna bet you'll keep mentioning Stacy's first year, and how it was his best year because that was YOUR senior year? Next you'll be talking about how good Springfield is...I wonder why....

All I know is that Green has had had 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years. This year, the D Coordinator is a guy who had a TON of success where he was, and it still doesn't matter. Bulldogs continue to get the same results.

dont drag Springfield into your coaching nightmare... we had bad head coaches and low numbers for a long time but we could not draw a good one in with the program being a mess till we gave first time HC Vaughn a chance the rest is history.. and BTW Springfield is pretty good this year maybe D3 playoff good we will see..

I do hate to see Green struggle like this for the players sake they deserve better but IDK.. good luck

I also hate to see Green struggle like this...I was on the staff in '03 and what I remember about Green kids that they were tough and hard working kids....We worked them very hard and they responded by going out on Fridays and playing like champions...We won the league that year and got beat by Wadsworth in the playoffs but those kids gave all they had......we also had a great staff with McVickers, Wallace,Vivo,Muzi Shocklee and Hanes.....Just hope things get turned around..

Coach King

If you "say" you've been reading these threads for a while, then you would have seen my posts where I said that coaches need to take blame as well. Stacy is not perfect. I only defend against the two posters (one disguised as a Massillon fan) who have a hidden agenda to get another head coach fired.

I respect your opinion and if you think there is a lack of "family" atmosphere, then come to practices. Lots of dads do.

A few people on here once said the players don't like Stacy...I respectfully disagree; if that were the case, there wouldn't be between 6-12 former players on the sidelines on Friday nights, and there wouldn't be 2 student assistant coaches helping out that played on last year's team, and they probably wouldn't have finished the year as strong as they did last season after a horrid start.

It's funny - the objective posters who seldom come on here usually get it - winning or losing in football can't be pinned on one person alone...that's the beauty of football. I have said before that coach has made bad calls, poor decisions, etc. just like every coach does. But there have been numerous times throughout the last couple of years when our kids have been put into a position to be successful and it hasn't worked out. Goes both ways.

Even Egret HAS to admit that coaching didn't necessarily win their game against GlenOak.....they had 2 division 1 WRs make unbelievable catches late in the game, and Glenoak's RB fumbled going in for the winning score. That's not coaching.

Klear, thanks for respecting my thoughts. I honestly do appreciate it. As for you posting about Stacy not being perfect, I guess you are right that you have said coaches need to take the blame as well...but it just seems that whenever I read a post after a loss, it's never because the Bulldogs were outcoached? But please remember, I don't regularly attend the games. I just talk to many people from Green. And when I say outcoached, I mainly mean there was a failure to make successful adjustments or a successful gameplan. As for bashing Stacy's offense and the play calling for the Bulldogs, I had heard he did most of the play calling. Maybe I am wrong? LeagueMVP, are you on the field or in the booth? If you know how it works and who is calling the shots, I wouldn't mind being caught up. I just figured Stacy would think he is more than qualified to call the shots for the offense he was under at Akron, so he would. I have heard some things about Stacy, and most opinions that I hear from players and parents of players THAT I TALK TO aren't in his favor. I don't talk to every member of the community though. In my opinion the beauty of football is the family aspect of a team and how so much can be accomplished with just ok players with a great bond that includes the coach. And from what I have heard, Green is missing the coach part of that bond? In my mind I think that every member on a football team, including the coaches, should be more than willing to take the blame for anything, even if it isn't his fault,...and it just doesn't sound like Stacy would do that. But I am pretty sure not many people would want to get into a whole conversation about coaching beliefs? Thanks for reading, and sorry that I wrote so much again.
Enjoy your day.

coaching didn't necessarily win their game against GlenOak.....they had 2 division 1 WRs make unbelievable catches late in the game

We have a couple of good recievers too. It's too bad Stacy doesn't use them until the 4th quarter when we are down by 2 TD's. Massillon beat Glen Oak by throwing the ball. I think they had 31 pass attempts that game. Maybe Stacy will give his recievers a chance this game.

A few people on here once said the players don't like Stacy...I respectfully disagree; if that were the case, there wouldn't be between 6-12 former players on the sidelines on Friday nights,

Why do you have 6-12 former players on the sidelines during the game?

If they're letting ex-players down on the sidelines, I'm sure there's 100's in the stands that could come down and give their support.

If you ain't coaching, get your butt in the stands!!!!

Glenoak's RB fumbled going in for the winning score. That's not coaching.[/QUOTE]

Not to play devils advocate but OK should'nt a RB be coached to protect the rock on the goal lines either one even more so??.... but I agree with your point coach is not carring the ball. Feel kinda bad about the Stacy era for Green he sounds like a decent guy from some of the things his supporters say but the proof is in the pudding on this one.

Not to play devils advocate but OK should'nt a RB be coached to protect the rock on the goal lines either one even more so??.... but I agree with your point coach is not carring the ball. Feel kinda bad about the Stacy era for Green he sounds like a decent guy from some of the things his supporters say but the proof is in the pudding on this one.

Dunn didn't fumble the ball...never got it....fullback ran into the QB

Last edited:
Funny... I was wondering exactly the same thing. Unless they're asst. coaches, they're there to hang out with their buddies, not love up Stacy.

I have tried to stay quiet all week about this. These "former players" that love Stacy so much and vice versa that are on the sidelines hated him. They hate some of the players too. Seriously, what are they doing there? I watched them roll into the CAB and park the Hummer up on a curb, walk into the game and onto the field with such a sense of entitlement. What is happening to Green football? These student assistant coaches that you speak of, what kind of qualifications do they have to be around our kids? Oh, I know! They are great role models. One of them can definitely teach them how to steal and paint a little lamb! How did this happen?