Green @ Lake Post-game

I wont get back to Akron until late so I figured I could get the thread started a bit before. Also 2011 free free to come over and say hey. You know where to find me....

That goes to everyone too. Come say hey Im in a orange shirt/tie with a black blazer and Kahkis, they call my name at halftime right after Mr. Reimer says "with percussion instructor..." hint hint.

Good Luck Guys let get this win!

Go BULLDOGS!!!

Here is the same exact post from the thread on the football forum:

What can I say about that game? Green didn't look nearly as ready as they should have been or one would think. Just total domination on Lakes part. :Ohno: And no matter who it was Luther or #41 (don't know the name sorry) looked like an Xbox game constantly pressing juke.

I thought Zimmerman did fairly well for being thrown in there unexpectedly. He did have 3 INTs which one was iffy (looked like it hit the ground from my angle but ref was closer I guess)

Couple positives on Green's part though:
*We blocked a PAT and got very close on several others, so hopefully when it isn't a PAT and we stopped them for a field goal I hope to see lots of blocks.
*Our return game started looking phenomenal after the first two lowly returns. Gaining huge chunks of yardage but still hoping that isn't needed too often :p
*Our running game looked loads better than last season
*The play action plays fooled Lake many times but other times fooled no one. (But we couldn't exploit, way too many turnovers.)
*I know this was like the 2nd or 3rd string defense and it was our 3rd string quarterback but that lob to Pratt in the corner of the end zone should be done more often, he can jump a mile high. He dropped it the one time it happened but that can be fixed with practice.

The one negative that we really need work on, and it looked like we did in the scrimmages but it didn't transfer over was: TACKLING! We were terrible... we get to the guy, we stuff him, hit him, grab him, but somehow they get away almost every time.

I'll admit I was flat wrong about this game, let's hope we can go 9-1 because no matter what we don't have to face Lake again this season lol :laugh: :p

A positive outlook on an otherwise ugly and disturbing evening. I thought Green moved the ball well at times, but then they tried to get fancy. If they would have pounded the bal straight at Lake rather than the counter and power plays, I think they might have made this a better game. Lake's speed on the d-line and their technique and fundamentals on their o-line is what did Green in. Ture, the turnovers and 2 defensive tds hurt, but I don't think they got beat as bad as the score seemed.