Green Bulldogs boys basketball

rcal14

Friday night with the win over Wadsworth the Bulldogs gained at least a
Suburban League co-championship- with 3 SL games left the Bulldogs need to win at least one of them to be out right champs

Congrats to Coach Mark Kinsley,his staff and players on our first SL men's basketball championship since 1991

This is so typical of Green- if it does not relate to football no one cares- listen I am as big of a football guy as I am a basketball guy but our football team has not been relevant since Bill Cundiff's senior year-I played both football and basketball at Green and back then( yes,I am talking the 70's ) football was king in Green and to some extent it still is - the freshmen football thread got more response then this

If you are a true Bulldog fan let's here your input on the boys SL championship

this is not the most talented team we have had,but it is the deepest team we have had- this team has bought into Coach Kinsley's philosophies better then any team from the past- the total team focus on defense, the ball movement to get the best possible shot and the total buy into playing as a team is the best that I have seen- this is not meant to be a shot at any of the past teams but this is my observation and I think this is the general thought among a lot of Bulldog fans

First Off, Congrats Bulldogs, this was a long time coming and long over due for the talent thats come through the program. I have watched and followed Green basketball the past 15 years. I agree this is not the best team (talent wise) to come through the program. I believe the depth is what helped them through as in past teams if a couple of players had off/bad nights there just wasn't enough bench developed to pick up the slack. I also believe this was one of the best coaching jobs Kinsley has done. They fit his style perfectly because I just didn't see much of Kinsley fitting the talent he had in the past so it was up to the talent fitting his style. I also really believe they benefited heavily on their schedule being down. Now I am not saying they wouldn't have been extremely good still just not undefeated good. Once again, congrats now go win us a district championship another thing that has alluded us with some real bad luck.

At this point, in Ohio, there are only five D1 teams that are undefeated. It is extremely difficult to run the table and this team is on the verge of completing an unscathed year. Teams are gunning for you and want to be the spoiler that ruined your perfect season. Someone always seems to step up when someone else is struggling, that is what makes this team so special. Anything short of a District Title will be disappointing.

All the way, baby!!!!! To where I don't know just yet, but they are definitely on their way!!!

Congrats on a fantastic year thus far! Definitely not an easy accomplishment!

This is so typical of Green- if it does not relate to football no one cares- listen I am as big of a football guy as I am a basketball guy but our football team has not been relevant since Bill Cundiff's senior year-I played both football and basketball at Green and back then( yes,I am talking the 70's ) football was king in Green and to some extent it still is - the freshmen football thread got more response then this

If you are a true Bulldog fan let's here your input on the boys SL championship

Yes, Green has had horrific head football coaches the past ten years to include our current head coach. Its just beyond description really. Lots of good athletes but NO HBC.
Congrats to our basketball team. Best TEAM I've watched at Green in the past 15 years. Enjoyable to watch the guys. Win a District Title!

Suburban League Champs!!

So proud of the Green Boys Varsity Basketball Team. I've watched a lot of sports played at Green High School and this team has Brotherhood and plays like a TEAM!!

I have not seen this team play, but this is a direct reflection on how, if the parents stay out of the kids' ears at home about how things should be run and who should be playing and how the coaches don't know anything, real teams can be formed even without the most talent in the world. Congrats on a fine run so far and it will start getting sneaky tough here in the next little bit as they have some toughies looming. GlenOak shouldn't pose much of an issue for the 'Dogs, but the Lake/ Walsh winner will be formidable, and then you have Jackson probably getting out of the Copley District, THAT would be one I may have to pull myself out of the watering hole for to see!