Good Teams

Colerain, Colerain, Colerain. This team is incredible. Junior Brittany Detzel has a great shot at winning the overall state title, and she has a great core to back her up. With no seniors on their squad, this team should be unreal in the upcoming years. Brittany has already ran 18:22 this year, and has impressed everyone who follows Girls XC. Colerain is going to be a great team.

Here's just a little taste of how well Coach Russo has these girls running: (And keep in mind this is only just the top 7.)
1. Brittany Detzel-1st in GMC, PR for year:18:20 (Junior)
2. Erin Ragouzis-4th in GMC, PR: for year: 19:22 (Freshman)
3. Bryn Winters-5th in GMC, PR: for year: 19:31 (Sophomore)
4. Mandi McCullah-8th in GMC, PR: for year: 19:59 (Freshman)
5. Meggie Schmidt-10th in GMC, PR: for year: 20:03 (Junior)
6. Kara Hyde-11th in GMC, PR: for year: 20:03 (Freshman)
7. Brooke Hulquist-12th in GMC, PR: for year: 20:06 (Sophomore)

(If you want a complete list of the rest of these girls, go to www.GMCsports.com)
~~~I tell you what these girls are for real!

Just in case you don't know, I graduated from Colerain and I know all of these girls on a personal basis. They are very impressive, and Coach Ron Russo is used to being good. My 7th grade year they finished 2nd in the state. My 8th grade year, freshman year, sophomore year, and junior year they WON state. And my senior year, (last year) they finished 7th in the state. So these girls and Coach Russo have the experience to compete well.

I'm sorry I take that back sexyrunnerdude, I was missing a year in there. They won four straight state titles in 1997,1998,1999,2000. They were state runner-up in 1996. 5th in 2001. And 7th in 2002. I'm predicting them to go back to winning state this year in 2003, and repeating in 2004. They are that good, but I am also biased since I graduated from Colerain.

I'm not sure if they are, I haven't heard anything about them. I'm sure they must be, but I don't know if they will have the depth that Colerain has to beat them.