GO alumni in college football

Clyde Frog

Now that the college football season is beginning conference play and we're in week five of the season, I thought it'd be cool to point out how some of our GlenOak alumni are doing in college football, both in Division I-A and I-AA (or FCS/FBS, whatever you call it)...

#9 Brian Hartline, Ohio State WR, GlenOak class of 2005, Redshirt Junior: Brian has started every game for the Buckeyes this season, helping the Buckeyes start off with a 4-1 record. On the year, Hartline has 10 receptions for 169 yards and has hauled in two TDs. For his career to this point, Hartline has 79 catches for 1,119 yards and 10 touchdowns, and he also has the Ohio Stadium record for longest punt return when he returned a punt for a touchdown last season against Kent State.

#47 Brandon Long, Michigan State DL, GlenOak class of 2005, Senior: Long has been playing in games ever since his freshman season at Michigan State, and has started a few games the past two seasons for the Spartans, who are 5-1 on the season after today's win over Iowa. On the season, Long has 11 tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss, including two sacks going into today's game.

#5 Mike Hartline, Kentucky QB, GlenOak class of 2006, Redshirt Sophomore: Mike Hartline has played in every game for the 4-0 Wildcats. He has completed 72 of 123 pass attempts this season, throwing for 633 yards and three TDs. Before the season, Hartline was named starter for UK after the expected-to-be starter was kicked off the team. Mike's passer rating is respectable for a first-year starter, coming into today's game vs. Alabama with a rating of 108.19.

#78 Ryan Palmer, Illinois OL, GlenOak class of 2006, Redshirt Sophomore: Palmer has started every game this season for the Illini, who are 2-2 on the year. Palmer is usually starting at tackle for Illinois, and has helped the Illini rush for 863 yards this season.

#76 Bobby Coates, Youngstown State OL, GlenOak class of 2006, Redshirt Sophomore: Coates has seen time on the field the past two seasons, including four starts last season and a start against Ohio State this season. He has seen time at center and both guard sports on the offensive line.

Keep up the great work, guys! GlenOak is proud of you!