Friday the 13th Superstition? Believe it or Don’t believe it?

It’s just I have some crazy friends who are really into the superstition thing. They have these beliefs like “Breaking mirrors” and “walking under ladders” and “crossing paths with black cats” are all “Bad Luck Omens”???

But I just wanna know about the Friday the 13th one? Would you say anything bad or unlucky has ever happened on Friday the 13th in your life? Or is this really just a bogus superstition that holds no merit?

I’m not to crazy about it, but it’s certainly in the back of my head on these days. Stuff you here when you’re little and it scares you tends to stick with you for a lifetime

It’s just I have some crazy friends who are really into the superstition thing. They have these beliefs like “Breaking mirrors” and “walking under ladders” and “crossing paths with black cats” are all “Bad Luck Omens”???

But I just wanna know about the Friday the 13th one? Would you say anything bad or unlucky has ever happened on Friday the 13th in your life? Or is this really just a bogus superstition that holds no merit?

I'm not one that puts much stock in superstitions, but I do have a good story about my misfortune on a Friday the 13th.

At the time I was working for a recycling outfit as a roll off truck driver and equipment operator. On this particular Friday I had to swap out a metals dumpster at a rather large nursing home/assisted living facility. The physical logistics of swapping out this dumpster were cumbersome. The ground level of this place was mostly parking and outdoor storage, so consequently there were height restrictions with the building above the area I had to work. Only our shortest dumpsters had the clearance to be placed or lifted. Nothing unusual about having to place the empty dumpster somewhere out of the way, lift the loaded one and place that somewhere out of the way, and then lift the empty one and place that one in the exact same spot from where you lifted the loaded one. Then finally lift the loaded one again to depart.

I'd serviced this account on several occasions and was aware of the pitfalls. I was finishing up and was lifting the loaded dumpster on to the truck. Now I checked my height several times before doing this but failed to notice that this short dumpster was about 2 inches shorter than the front upright of the boom. That vertical beam between the dumpster and the cab. Where I was positioned lined me up with a nozzle for the fire sprinkler system.I

With less then foot of two of having the load on the truck I set off the fire alarm and the truck was showered with water because I clipped that sprinkler nozzle. I let the staff inside know about what happened, then called my boss. Anyway, nursing facilities have there alarm system connected directly to the local fire station, and they were dispatched.

So the fire department arrives and a Fire Lieutenant was with them. I was explaining to him what happened, and my bad luck on this particular day. The Lieutenant explained to me that it went further then being Friday the 13th. The fire department operates on military time and that their call was triggered by me at 1313. I told him I guess it s**** to be me.

I'm not one that puts much stock in superstitions, but I do have a good story about my misfortune on a Friday the 13th.

At the time I was working for a recycling outfit as a roll off truck driver and equipment operator. On this particular Friday I had to swap out a metals dumpster at a rather large nursing home/assisted living facility. The physical logistics of swapping out this dumpster were cumbersome. The ground level of this place was mostly parking and outdoor storage, so consequently there were height restrictions with the building above the area I had to work. Only our shortest dumpsters had the clearance to be placed or lifted. Nothing unusual about having to place the empty dumpster somewhere out of the way, lift the loaded one and place that somewhere out of the way, and then lift the empty one and place that one in the exact same spot from where you lifted the loaded one. Then finally lift the loaded one again to depart.

I'd serviced this account on several occasions and was aware of the pitfalls. I was finishing up and was lifting the loaded dumpster on to the truck. Now I checked my height several times before doing this but failed to notice that this short dumpster was about 2 inches shorter than the front upright of the boom. That vertical beam between the dumpster and the cab. Where I was positioned lined me up with a nozzle for the fire sprinkler system.I

With less then foot of two of having the load on the truck I set off the fire alarm and the truck was showered with water because I clipped that sprinkler nozzle. I let the staff inside know about what happened, then called my boss. Anyway, nursing facilities have there alarm system connected directly to the local fire station, and they were dispatched.

So the fire department arrives and a Fire Lieutenant was with them. I was explaining to him what happened, and my bad luck on this particular day. The Lieutenant explained to me that it went further then being Friday the 13th. The fire department operates on military time and that their call was triggered by me at 1313. I told him I guess it s**** to be me.
1648252134958.png

We Capricorns are very skeptical about things like that.

I’ve heard a few nurses swear up and down their ER traffic goes up considerably when there’s a full moon, even though a statistical analysis says there’s no change.