Field @ Minerva

lions35

Its been a long summer for me. Recently was married and haven't been to any scrimmages to see the lions yet. But I've heard some good things. Dunno if its official but riley is looking to sign with Air Force but is a very smart kid being also looked at by ivy league schools. I'm looking forward to another season. Any field info. I know the boggs is gone an he was there horse 2 yrs in a row vs us.

Heard that neither Field nor St. Thomas looked too impressive in their scrimmage Friday night. Not sure who out scored who. I know that may not mean much except that Boggsless Field may not have another horse to work.
Minerva will out play them for 4 quarters.

I say Minerva wins by 20. The scrimmages may have convinced the coaches that many of the younger lions have to be in there, regardless of their grade and experience. They play in the lions den and the lions will come out fierce to make the point that last year was not a flash in the pan!

Its been a long summer for me. Recently was married and haven't been to any scrimmages to see the lions yet. But I've heard some good things. Dunno if its official but riley is looking to sign with Air Force but is a very smart kid being also looked at by ivy league schools. I'm looking forward to another season. Any field info. I know the boggs is gone an he was there horse 2 yrs in a row vs us.

Get on the NBC thread, it should help you get caught up.......

Riley signed with Air Force and should get a top notch education there.

I've been told Field's HC has taken a position on Malone's staff and some of his assistants have departed as well? I say it's early in season and may be close in the first half but Minerva pulls away in 2nd half. Lions 34 Falcons 12

Heard that neither Field nor St. Thomas looked too impressive in their scrimmage Friday night. Not sure who out scored who. I know that may not mean much except that Boggsless Field may not have another horse to work.
Minerva will out play them for 4 quarters.

I say Minerva wins by 20. The scrimmages may have convinced the coaches that many of the younger lions have to be in there, regardless of their grade and experience. They play in the lions den and the lions will come out fierce to make the point that last year was not a flash in the pan!

Aquinas won 14-0 in 2 quarters over Field. Knights lines pushed Field around and they had about 200 yards on the ground in one half.

With 50/50 Furino back in the saddle... Field losing by 24 to the Lions.

Matt is a good coach and person. Wish him the best of luck with the Big Red. Too bad money problems will continue with this district. Good Luck Coach Furino and Big Red !!

We have only been waiting 10 months for tonight.
Beautiful night in Minerva. I hope the Lions are ready to prove they are for real in 2012.
Go Lions!!!!

Lions have some talent but still need to work out some of the kinks offensively. Next week will tell us where we're at I think.

Good Luck to Field the rest of the season, get us some computer points!

Field has a tough OOC schedule this year with:
At Minerva
Southeast
& then
Struthers

Southeast and Minerva really looked good this week. Either Field is bad this year, or Minerva is loaded. Kinda believe Minerva is going to have an outstanding year and unless Field picks it up, you're not going to get a load of points from them. JMO.

Overall, much more excited about Minerva's season after the game.
Minerva has more tools in the shed than I originally thought.
# 33 (shaffner) has all the tools to dominate at wide out. Just needs to catch the ball, which he did after getting the jitters out. That was his first varsity start.
Watching Parrish (#3) run, I was reminded of Drew Prendergast. He really sees the field as he runs. A slippery runner.
Hartshorn is dangerous in any position. Hope is ankle is OK.
Riley throws better than I thought and can throw the deep ball. When all else fails, he's gonna run and get at least 10.
Our line is better than we thought. I counted 6 holding calls last night. Glad to have those out of the way.

Field is young. the only passing play they can run is the bubble screen. they won't win more than 3 games. Springfield,Coventry and Norton will be about it. But then again this is the 3rd yr we beat them by over 20 points they could get it together win 5-6 games. I don't think Tulsaw is very good so both Aquinas an minerva will find out how good they can be.minerva will build confidence with each win just like last yr.

Field just beat Southeast 28-14 last night. Southest was 10-0 a year ago and is usually a pretty good program in Portage County. Field's stadium is located behind the high school, just south of Kent, Ohio on route 43. The field is natural grass.

Field has a decent program and has decent speed and athleticism at the QB and RB position. The line is average to good. They love the bubble screen but run a very predictable offense.