Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
You may not grasp the concept of a league, let me explain. A league allows schools to play against each other in all sports. So, like as an example, Massillon Jackson has won 4 (count them) 4 state playoff championships in baseball and basketball since 2010 - that’s right 4 - how many State Championships has Massillon Washington won in any sport during that time (or since 1972 as an example)? No doubt recent Fed Football results leave room for improvement (well I guess Green did beat Washington in football just last year). Regardless, Fed teams have the ability to compete for actual state championships each year. The Tigers are what over 50 years from doing anything in any sport? Mediocrity lmao!!
Yessir. 0 for 51

ummmm becca moore was urging all Stark County fans to abandon Perry Local when they played LaSalle for the State Championship in 2015 the first year after they came to Massillon.

she posted on social media for everyone in Stark County to wear Red for LaSalle.

she posted pictures of herself posing with Munford's mother or grandmother whichever it was.

and they think they can get the Fed to take them for all sports except football, because they don't want to lower themselves to being in the Fed for football.

and their idiot strength coach Danny Studer makes T shirts proclaiming Massillon to be Federal League Champions and they think its just ducky.
That Fed League Title they obnoxiously claim is the only championship they'll ever have. Ever. 0 for 51. 0 for ... all-time! Savor your mythical Fed League title like you cherish all your other make-believe "crowns." They should put up a banner over there.

Last edited:
so what have we learned...

we learned no matter what, fans can't stop sweating the FEDS JOCKS
we learned Hoban is recruiting better than
we learned the schools in the league still appreciate the INTEGRITY(main reason the loons can't be invited) of the league and we all enjoyed another fine season of Federal League play.

Thank you to all the league schools, their teams, their cheer teams, their bands, their fans, and all the people that contribute to these games being played.
ummm the one and only rationale for leagues and conferences is to save money on travel and scheduling across all extracurriculars.

that is ALL they do. has nothing to do with "integrity"

you sir are not fully aware of what you speak of, however it is better for you to just believe what you will.
I know exactly of what I speak, sir, I have seen an estimate of savings in scheduling and travel of $300,000 per year, across all extracurriculars, given 3 or 4 years ago.

FEDERAL LEAGUE PLAYERS WHO MADE FIRST TEAM ALL-NORTHEAST INLAND DISTRICT

Note- This district includes Ashland, Columbiana, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, and Wayne counties. Each of the 7 divisions has its own team. I have italicized the names of players who are not seniors, and are eligible to play again next year.

D1- Cynceir McNeal (WR-McK), Jayden Mauser (OL-Jax), Garrett McCole (OL- McK), Romeo Magueyal (OL-GO), Jason Davide (RB, Jax), Avante Burt (RB-GO), Kylier Jenkins (DL-McK), Colten Arnold (DL- Jax).

Arnold was also named the district's Defensive Player of the Year for Division 1

D2- Dylan Snyder (WR- Lake), Zach Baglia (WR, Gre), Zach Braucher (WR, Hoo), Jack McAnview (OL- Lake), Max Millin (OL-Perry), De'Andre Church (RB-Perry), Carson Dyrlund (QB-Hoover), Evan Brady (LB-Lake), Will Butler (DB- Lake), Antonio Martin (DB-Green), Celton Dutton (P-Lake)

Last edited:
Here's my very early thoughts on what the Federal League might look like for football in 2023. I have it divided into three tiers. The teams within each tier are not ranked in any particular order. I project a top two who I think could experience 8 or more wins and an extended playoff run, a middle three who I think will post winning records and make the playoffs, and a bottom two who may have a rough year next season.

TIER ONE

Hoover- They have the top returning QB in the league (Dyrlund) and two excellent WRs with Braucher and Ashby. Roach graduates at RB, but Westfall did very well filling in for him late in the season. Vikings also will have Sullivan for a full season on the D-line. Baum his built a solid, consistent program at HHS and while they are losing a decent amount of seniors, they did last year also, and still exceeded expectations. I think Hoover is now in a position where they just reload, not rebuild. Offense should be very special, and the defense disciplined and physical.

McKinley- Nino Hill has to be considered the FL's top returning player, I don't see anyone stopping him. Rode improved a ton at QB from the beginning to end of the year and McClellan is another nice player. No doubt McK will be big, fast and deep yet again. Hall really turned it around after a rough start, and this program looks to be headed in a positive direction. They need to find guys to take the places of standouts McNeal, Barsic and Jenkins, but the Pups always find a way.

TIER TWO

Lake- Might lose more seniors than any other team, but that defense has enough young guys to be really special, and Jarvis is a strong QB. A lot of guys got game experience due to injuries in 2022, which may help for the long term. Dane Jarvis and Charlie Christopher are going to be scary for opposing offenses. The biggest question mark may be finding their next RB to replace a very special player in Sollberger. Offense probably takes a step back without Snyder, McAnview and Dietz, but will still be competitive.

Green- On offense, pretty much everyone returns except Klockner at QB, and I expect Manson to be able to do the job just fine. Baglia, Martin and Taylor are all back at WR, and I'm not sure any D2 team in the state can boast a better trio of wideouts. The defense was bad in 2022, yes, but it was very young and all those guys will be back with the exception of Teague, Seward and Daly. Schaal and Casper will be monsters on the D-line, and I like Galemmo and Fortunato a lot at the LB spots.

GlenOak- Another step forward for the Eagles in 2022, which their fans have to be happy about. The Burt brothers might comprise the best rushing attack in the FED next year, and most of a big O-line will come back also. Like Green, a lot depends on how much improvement a young defense makes over the offseason. There was some hype around GO this year, but I think they were a year away. A winning season is very much on the table.

TIER THREE

Jackson- This might not be a popular take, but I could see Jackson having their first losing season since 2023. Davide graduates, as well as two excellent linemen in Arnold and Mauser. The passing game really needs to develop, and Andrews and Fulline seem to be talented, but it all depends on the QB. Defense should be all right, but not great. Without Davide to lean on, and with projected improvements from Green and GlenOak, Jackson might be the odd one out.

Perry- A program that appears to be heading in the wrong direction unfortunately. Can the passing game continue to make an impact without Joel Brown? Can anyone fill the huge void left by Church? The offense has three solid pieces with Basham, Mattox and Milin, and Hartshorn played well also, so I don't see the offense being a weakness. The trouble is on the defensive side of the ball.