Electric Cars - Autos - What's Next !

wow that is awful

Talk to me in 5 to 10 years …. the original cell phones were a joke … 5 to 10 years later things improved and started to take off … same with the computer … EV are not ready to take over the market right now … in 10 years they will be half the market … 20 years that is all we be selling.
Probably not.

i did not completely understand but the man traveling with family in a EV stops for the night and his car says he still has 42 miles he can travel. Gets up early in the morning to go charge the vehicle and gets in and the EV says he has only 17 miles now. He lost 25 miles over night and it did not move. Something about keeping the batteries warm or something? Any EV owners know what happened and why?

i did not completely understand but the man traveling with family in a EV stops for the night and his car says he still has 42 miles he can travel. Gets up early in the morning to go charge the vehicle and gets in and the EV says he has only 17 miles now. He lost 25 miles over night and it did not move. Something about keeping the batteries warm or something? Any EV owners know what happened and why?
Yes. This is a real thing. They lose charge just sitting there. Just like your gas tank leaking on your car, I mean that is pretty common, right? Using an EV in just normal cold weather they can lose 20% of their range.

Last edited:
I used to have a car that got the best mileage from the bottom 3/8ths of the tank. Got a solution for that one, Sparky?!

The good news, though, is that they don't spontaneously ignite as much in frigid weather.
If you have to declare a tiny version of one of those batteries in a package to be shipped, I wonder what could happen if you put a bunch of them in an underground parking garage together ? Because the elevated garage wasn’t engineered to be parking even 30% EVs

If you have to declare a tiny version of one of those batteries in a package to be shipped, I wonder what could happen if you put a bunch of them in an underground parking garage together ? Because the elevated garage wasn’t engineered to be parking even 30% EVs
Are you referring to the additional weight an EV carries?

yea - maybe a fleet of Cybertrucks...

The best place for charging would be the lower level. One of those batteries gets to flaming away, that's a lot of toxic smoke
The info on weights seems to vary. Some places say for cars around 300lbs more, but I just read where a Tesla 3, similar to a Civic, weighs 1000lbs more than a Civic. While the Ford Lightening is equivalent to a F150+a Civic. Regardless, I don't think weight would be the issue that fires would be. The entire structure could be compromised by a single fire. On weight though, just another hypocritical stand by the greenies, who abhorred the advent of the SUV, partly because they were so large (dangerous) to smaller cars.

The way of the future. Diesel generator running low rpm to charge batteries. Braking regeneration power. Edison Motors have built quite the truck.

I need a car, not a helicopter.

Thanks anyway.

Funny what an Election year does to the Democrats F'd Up Agenda

1111.jpg