Elder vs Black Jerseys

Vincent and Regina

Elder had 4 away games this year. Two times the home team wore "Black" Jerseys. Louisville X and LaSalle both wore the black jerseys vs Elder.

In 2022 Springboro, Eds, and Moeller all wore black jerseys.

So why do so many teams break out the alternate jerseys versus Elder?

My understanding is elder we’re offered free black alt jersey from UA years ago but they wouldn’t pull the trigger primarily due to concerns or avoidance of the elder tradionalists who would have strong negative opinions of the move.

The sports world is certainly enamored with black jerseys. See Cincinnati Reds City Connect.

At the college and pro level, I can buy into as a marketing tool, but high school I never understood.

My understanding is elder we’re offered free black alt jersey from UA years ago but they wouldn’t pull the trigger primarily due to concerns or avoidance of the elder tradionalists who would have strong negative opinions of the move.
Wearing them one game a yr would be cool, match the blackout theme with the student section.

UA paying for Elder to wear all black for 1 game a season is a no brainer. They already wear black sometimes for baseball.

The only teams that should ever wear black jerseys are teams with black already in their color scheme or teams whose color scheme is white + just one other color.

Elder, Lasalle, and X qualify. Moeller should never wear black.

There are words in a fight song that go something like this ... "hey purple, hey white, hey team , fight fight"... don't remember "Black" ;) anywhere in that song.

There are words in a fight song that go something like this ... "hey purple, hey white, hey team , fight fight"... don't remember "Black" ;) anywhere in that song.
The lettering on the jersey can be purple. I understand tradition being important but this is a small thing that could be a fun new tradition. Similar to ND with the green jerseys.