Eagles Gridders in College

sehs95

U.S. American
Anyone have any news on former Eagles like Ryan Keenan (Northwestern), Jeremy Hines (WVU), Raishaun Stover and Rick Mauer(BGSU), Dan Tyler and Alphonso Hodge (Miami), Eric Claxton (YSU)? or anyone else?

Stover scored a TD late in Bowling Green's blowout opener. It looks like he is either the #2 or 3# tailback at this time.

Keenan got about 15 plays in last week and should get about 20 this week. Saw Hodge recover a fumble on national TV last weekend for Miami. He must have been playing corner, or monster or something like that. Will ask around about the others and let you know what's happening with the others other then Claxon...that is the right information. Blew out the ACL.

Just saw one of the BGSU recruiters, he told me that only Raishaun is playing for BG, so I don't think Mauer is playing.

Maur might have been hurt or maybe he just got in the game on the last blowout. Mauer is listed as playing only one game and he had a few tackles and 3 sacks for minus 21 yards.

Stover on the other hand is averaging 6 yards a carry and has 2 td's rushing and a 65 yard td receiving. His has something like 22 carries for 140 some yards. Looks like he is the backup to P.J.Pope.

Kevin Quinn is a 2nd team LB on the Air Force JV team and got to dress for their last varsity game.

Shaun Carney is the starting QB for the Air Force Prep team.

Brian Pierce dresses for all Ohio State home games. He's #17.

Div III St. Ed's Gridders

I went to the BW vs. JCU game this weekend and noticed a few St. Ed's alum. Does anyone else know of others???

Jim Kilbane - TE - JCU
Jonathan Schmitz - OLB - BW
Michael Madden - WR - BW
Ryan Blake, Dom Sbroglia(sp) - JCU

I heard from Dan Tyler's uncle he is getting a lot of playing time down at Miami. Splits it with a 5th year senior.

The Miami website has these stats for Tyler

Games 5
Recep 4
Yds 27
Avg. 6.8
TD's 1

Alphonso Hodge is averaging 20 yards on kick returns and has 9 solo tackles.

Jeremy Hines started at center for West Virginia last Thursday against Va Tech. He had a terrific game. Then I saw him at the Ed's-Bennies game Friday. Way to go Jeremy!!!

He actually started out in the stands not far from me. In the 2nd half, I noticed him on the sidelines. Not sure how he wrangled his way. Mihalko was probably tied up.

Can't wait to relay that to Brian. We also heard Hines was on the sides at another game this year. Mihalko might be biting off his nose to save his face. IMO He's coming home his weekend, wonder if he'll go to the game now?

G & G - it's good to hear from you again!!!

Hine's was also on the sidelines for the Massillon game.

Thanks Genco -- I can't fathom how one alum can visit the sidelines, while another one is not allowed. Politics again? I thought we were done with that after he graduated.

It was kind of cool to see the little kids come up and wish him luck though. He also went to the Ursuline game, first time he had ever seen an Ed's game from the stands.

I hear Giachetti is getting in a lot of snaps this year. Anyone hear anything about Reese?

Go Eagles!

I don't agree with that either...I know when McQuaide was still coaching at Ed's he loved to have former players on the sideline - we never had any problems!

Talked to some other older alums and they can't believe it either. The people I spoke with seem to think it's Boyer and Mihalko though.

The football players from last year were a special bunch of young men. Wish them all the luck with their college endeavors.

Hoping to take in the game on Saturday.

Go Eagles, rope the 'stangs.

Dan Tyler and Alphonso Hodge had nice games last night for Miami against Marshall on ESPN. Hodge starts as a DB and Tyler is the #2 TE.