Dayton D1 tourney..... no talk?

Like I said…waiting to see how he develops…right now?…I have watched..quickness? Ahhhh…shot? When he has time…in High School…big time D1 is rough…pg’s on big time teams are scorers..this isn’t pass and cut…can he guard Boum from Xavier? Maybe 1-2 times out of 10…this is the big time baby…does Craft get major minutes today? Even on a crappy OSU team?…let’s wait and see…will depend entirely on shooting…and defense…this is 2023…not 1986

Like I said…waiting to see how he develops…right now?…I have watched..quickness? Ahhhh…shot? When he has time…in High School…big time D1 is rough…pg’s on big time teams are scorers..this isn’t pass and cut…can he guard Boum from Xavier? Maybe 1-2 times out of 10…this is the big time baby…does Craft get major minutes today? Even on a crappy OSU team?…let’s wait and see…will depend entirely on shooting…and defense…this is 2023…not 1986
Craft averaged 29.6 mpg off the bench (basically a starter) on a team that went 34-3 as a freshman. Cupps may not be as physically ready to play as Craft was, and he certainly won’t play 29.6 mpg at Indiana as a freshman, but he can play a similar style with the added benefit that he can actually shoot, which means he has a higher upside. I’m watching St. Mary’s-Gonzaga right now, and St. Mary’s best player is a true freshman, Aidan Mahaney. He looks like a pretty similar version of Cupps to me. Mahaney was the #134 in the composite rankings last year. Cupps is currently #86 this year. Cupps will play at Indiana.

I respect your opinion..let’s check back next year and 2025…I want to see him prosper but as an XU fan not as much as my Muskies 😎

Does anyone expect the Centerville vs Elder game to be close? Those GCL teams can surprise you at times.
Elder doesn’t have the guard play to matchup with Centerville. Cupps on ball defense will force Elder bigs to do the ball handling. I see a lot of tos for Elder. They will also try and make this as boring a game as possible. I see a 58-38 type of game.

Elder doesn’t have the guard play to matchup with Centerville. Cupps on ball defense will force Elder bigs to do the ball handling. I see a lot of tos for Elder. They will also try and make this as boring a game as possible. I see a 58-38 type of game.
I think Williams has to have a big game. He’s the only Elder guard with good enough ball handling. They really do need to avoid the turnovers, because if they can force Centerville into a half court game, I think Elder does have a chance to guard them. They have no chance in transition. Also, if they get behind like they did against Sycamore, this game is a blowout. They need buckets early and for the game to stay within 2 scores for as long as possible so they can keep the tempo slow.

I respect your opinion..let’s check back next year and 2025…I want to see him prosper but as an XU fan not as much as my Muskies 😎

Adam Kunkel has played high major basketball for 3 years and couldn't guard me. I think Cupps' defending is more of a strength than a question mark.

6”2 ish…average foot speed…very smart…can he get a shot off in the B10? Wait and see on that…big time college is not HS…can he guard an athletic freak? shot clock…and sometimes you have to get your own…waiting to see how he develops next 2 years…that will tell the tale
Cupps has been playing elite AAU all of his life. In elite AAU you're playing against P5 players every game that means 6'2" to 6'5" PG's and knows how to maneuver against the elite. He's doesn't have to be flashy to be great but he's not going to Indiana for nothing, what he does remains to be seen, but he is elite! He reminds me of when John Paxson was at Alter in High School but more of a facilitator, I believe eventually he'll be fine.

Not…repeat…not a hater…I played against a similar guard (who just owned me!) for 3 years in high school in PA…( he was also a coaches kid) …dude went on to be a 4 year starter at pg for Dean Smith at NC in the 80’s…I am just curious to see how it pans out…that’s all! The B10 is a tough league…my thought is it takes a year or so to get his feet under him there…but really…what the heck do I know..he could be all conference for 4 years ….I am just an old dude 🤣

Not…repeat…not a hater…I played against a similar guard (who just owned me!) for 3 years in high school in PA…( he was also a coaches kid) …dude went on to be a 4 year starter at pg for Dean Smith at NC in the 80’s…I am just curious to see how it pans out…that’s all! The B10 is a tough league…my thought is it takes a year or so to get his feet under him there…but really…what the heck do I know..he could be all conference for 4 years ….I am just an old dude 🤣
Agree with what you just said. I do think it will take a year for him to adjust, but I think he will play. I very well think he could be all-conference as a junior and senior.

Centerville does get up early, but Elder really battled in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, with the hole they put themselves in, just about everything had to go right and it didn’t. Centerville hangs on 54-47.

May be kind of a wake up call for Centerville in the fact that only good teams are left and there will be no easy games.

Elder made it a lot more interesting than people thought it would be. Centerville helped them out by missing the front end of three consecutive 1-1s, plus a technical foul for hanging on the rim on a missed alley-oop dunk in the latter part of the 4th Qtr.

Elder didn't have an answer for Cupps in the 1st half and it showed. They started doubling and allowing other players to try to beat them. Some turnovers, some missed layups turned things to a 3-point game with 2 minutes left.

Elder faithful not happy with some calls given to Cupps, but the kid is smart. Knows how to draw contact and sell it. Also really good off the ball, he sets some tough screens to open up shots for their big. To add to the discussion early on his college prospects, his release on his shot seems a little low IMO. He's definitely a true PG at the next level.

Big sequence in the final minutes. It was 46-43 Centerville at the line for 1-1, misses but gets the offensive rebound. Ball then gets knocked away, off Elder out of bounds. Centerville runs an absolute picture perfect play on the short corner side out, to get a back-pick for the big who lays it in to take a 48-43 lead.

Elder made it a lot more interesting than people thought it would be. Centerville helped them out by missing the front end of three consecutive 1-1s, plus a technical foul for hanging on the rim on a missed alley-oop dunk in the latter part of the 4th Qtr.

Elder didn't have an answer for Cupps in the 1st half and it showed. They started doubling and allowing other players to try to beat them. Some turnovers, some missed layups turned things to a 3-point game with 2 minutes left.

Elder faithful not happy with some calls given to Cupps, but the kid is smart. Knows how to draw contact and sell it. Also really good off the ball, he sets some tough screens to open up shots for their big. To add to the discussion early on his college prospects, his release on his shot seems a little low IMO. He's definitely a true PG at the next level.

Big sequence in the final minutes. It was 46-43 Centerville at the line for 1-1, misses but gets the offensive rebound. Ball then gets knocked away, off Elder out of bounds. Centerville runs an absolute picture perfect play on the short corner side out, to get a back-pick for the big who lays it in to take a 48-43 lead.

Neither team seemed happy with the one referee, who was determined to make 90% of the calls in the game.