D7 R25 2023

Attachments

• A4F08D08-6046-4CB8-9A2A-4A8B4DCDD1E8.jpeg
    A4F08D08-6046-4CB8-9A2A-4A8B4DCDD1E8.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 51
DALTON - CasualFan sold me!

SPRINGFIELD - Regional Finalist Contender. I'll take them outright

HILLSDALE - Was sold on them before last week. Even more so now.

LUCAS - Smithfield gets all of the wrath from weeks 1 and 2

DANVILLE - I hear they are pretty good

SOUTH RANGE - Big spread, but they roll JFK

EAST CANTON - Toronto only beat them by 30 something and they have a roster of D1 players and a moonlighting, content creating coach

CALVERT - Lose, but cover

MALVERN - They aren't the top tier of the region, but they are a really good football team

WEIR - I can't pick Toronto or Lowellville

TCC - I can't pick Toronto or Lowellville

McDONALD - The return of McDonald football is here

SENECA EAST - Just throwing days here

COLUMBIANA - They'll hang around.... then lose by 2

ADA- Good solid team

PLYMOUTH - Good solid league
HAHA - Where did this come from? I like it!

No one taking the Dawgs to cover ehh.....Moggy managed to put a whopping 21 pts up against Ravenna - against the Dalton defense that probably prorates down to about 3 pts. Which means we only need to score 3 TDs to cover.....hmmm....I know how I'm picking this game....
I picked them to cover. 🤷‍♂️

No one taking the Dawgs to cover ehh.....Moggy managed to put a whopping 21 pts up against Ravenna - against the Dalton defense that probably prorates down to about 3 pts. Which means we only need to score 3 TDs to cover.....hmmm....I know how I'm picking this game....
Do we like comparatives? Yes.
Does it let us down…painfully? Also, yes.

But this is your week and I wanna see your freak flag fly.

After week 2 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.

1-Dalton
2-Springfield (+3)
3-Hillsdale (+3)
4-JFK (-2)
5-Danville (+4)
6-Lucas (-3)
7-St Paul (-3)
8-Malvern (+2)
9-Lowellville (-2)
10-Southern (-2)
11-Toronto

I have JFK in bold for a reason. Going on the numbers my computer punches out, right now that is the outcome. Realistically they are not the #4 team in this region. I would have them in the 13-15 range right now (which is where they will probably end up. Take them out and I am happy with the remaining teams ranking at this time.

12-McDonald (+2)
13-Berlin Center Western Reserve (-1)
14-Richmond Hts (-1)
15-Monroeville (+5)
16-David Anderson (+3)
17-Buckeye Central (+4)
18-Conotton Valley (-1)
19-Steubenville Catholic Central (+6)
20-Plymouth (-2)
21-South Central (-5)
22-Matthews (-7)
23-Fairport Harding (+3)
24-St Thomas Aquinas (-1)
25-Wellsville (-3)
26-Windham (-1)
27-Strasburg-Franklin (+1)
28-Tuscarawus Central Catholic (-1)
29-Leetonia
30-Ashtabula St John
31-Crestline

I may take in the David Anderson @ Waterloo game this Friday.

Last edited:
After week 2 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.

1-Dalton
2-Springfield (+3)
3-Hillsdale (+3)
4-JFK (-2)
5-Danville (+4)
6-Lucas (-3)
7-St Paul (-3)
8-Malvern (+2)
9-Lowellville (-2)
10-Southern (-2)
11-Toronto

I have JFK in bold for a reason. Going on the numbers my computer punches out, right now that is the outcome. Realistically they are not the #4 team in this region. I would have them in the 13-15 range right now (which is where they will probably end up. Take them out and I am happy with the remaining teams ranking at this time.

12-McDonald (+2)
14-Richmond Hts (-1)
15-Monroeville (+5)
16-David Anderson (+3)
17-Buckeye Central (+4)
18-Conotton Valley (-1)
20-Plymouth (-2)
21-South Central (-5)
22-Matthews (-7)
23-Fairport Harding (+3)
25-Wellsville (-3)
26-Windham (-1)
29-Leetonia
30-Ashtabula St John

31-Crestline
You must be really bored to take that game in this week buddy lol

I watch you catch lip every time you post these, and here we finally get an explanation. I love it!

Is this what we have to look forward to the rest of the season? Dalton is Rodney Dangerfield because no one is picking them to give Mogadore their 2nd worst beating in 4 years? 🤣 Good thing we aren't picking money lines, you'd probably be enraged at the number of folks that might have picked Mogadore to win.

I LOVE what their doing with their schedule, and think they are the class of the region, but the best team they've beaten in the last 10 years was Lucas in 2021. If they win Friday (regardless of if they cover) you could make the argument this is the best team they've beaten.
Only thing I disagree with, is that there are some Norwayne wins in there that are better than the Lucas win.

But yes, beating Moggy would be the best win in the Dial era. That said....this is also the best TEAM he's ever had. Add that to the way that team showed up against Kirtland last week and I can't help but think, "play like that again this week, win by at least 21." Moggy is a great team and great program - they are however, not, as good as the team they had last year that also got taken to the wood shed by Kirtland.

To further my testimony - if Moggy was playing Kirtland this week, what would the spread be? 2022 Kirtland 33 Dalton 0 2022 Kirtland 30 Mogadore 0. 2023 Kirtland 14 Dalton 7.....Moggy not as good as last year...Kirtland the same or better.... I'd say that spread would probably be something like Kirtland -34.5.....what say you?

1-Dalton
2-Springfield (+3)
3-Hillsdale (+3)
4-JFK (-2)
5-Danville (+4)
6-Lucas (-3)
7-St Paul (-3)
8-Malvern (+2)
9-Lowellville (-2)
10-Southern (-2)
11-Toronto

12-McDonald (+2)
14-Richmond Hts (-1)
15-Monroeville (+5)
16-David Anderson (+3)
17-Buckeye Central (+4)
18-Conotton Valley (-1)
20-Plymouth (-2)
21-South Central (-5)
22-Matthews (-7)
23-Fairport Harding (+3)
25-Wellsville (-3)
26-Windham (-1)
29-Leetonia
30-Ashtabula St John
31-Crestline

Sometimes computers are stupid.

Is this what we have to look forward to the rest of the season? Dalton is Rodney Dangerfield because no one is picking them to give Mogadore their 2nd worst beating in 4 years? 🤣 Good thing we aren't picking money lines, you'd probably be enraged at the number of folks that might have picked Mogadore to win.

I LOVE what their doing with their schedule, and think they are the class of the region, but the best team they've beaten in the last 10 years was Lucas in 2021. If they win Friday (regardless of if they cover) you could make the argument this is the best team they've beaten.
I could not agree more. A win over Mogadore this week will be a signature win for the Broc Dial led Bulldogs. Dalton is an up and coming program trying to gain respect on a statewide level. They are not a program that has earned respect across the state on a year in year out basis as of yet. Hopefully they get closer to that level by the end of this season.

Only thing I disagree with, is that there are some Norwayne wins in there that are better than the Lucas win.

But yes, beating Moggy would be the best win in the Dial era. That said....this is also the best TEAM he's ever had. Add that to the way that team showed up against Kirtland last week and I can't help but think, "play like that again this week, win by at least 21." Moggy is a great team and great program - they are however, not, as good as the team they had last year that also got taken to the wood shed by Kirtland.

To further my testimony - if Moggy was playing Kirtland this week, what would the spread be? 2022 Kirtland 33 Dalton 0 2022 Kirtland 30 Mogadore 0. 2023 Kirtland 14 Dalton 7.....Moggy not as good as last year...Kirtland the same or better.... I'd say that spread would probably be something like Kirtland -34.5.....what say you?
Interesting that you bring up Norwayne. Seems like Norwayne is enjoying their role as the underhyped WCAL underdog early this season while Dalton gets all of the press clippings. This is the opposite of what has happened the last several years. Do not want to wish away the season, but week 9 could be really fun.

Interesting that you bring up Norwayne. Seems like Norwayne is enjoying their role as the underhyped WCAL underdog early this season while Dalton gets all of the press clippings. This is the opposite of what has happened the last several years. Do not want to wish away the season, but week 9 could be really fun.
Don't be fooled - I'm watching Norwayne very closely. Those scores the first 2 weeks had me wide-eyed. Norwayne game will be tough, at their place too....

This Norwayne team has been surprising me. On tape their Defense surely looks really fast. Seems like Norwayne from the two games ive watched is extremely balanced and excel in the pass and the run. their new QB sure has a live arm. Not wishing the season away either! Hillsdale could very well upset the bobcats next week but everyone has their sights on week 9.

This Norwayne team has been surprising me. On tape their Defense surely looks really fast. Seems like Norwayne from the two games ive watched is extremely balanced and excel in the pass and the run. their new QB sure has a live arm. Not wishing the season away either! Hillsdale could very well upset the bobcats next week but everyone has their sights on week 9.
Since this has regional (Hillsdale) ties… Sorry. But I’m not gonna let you just “really hoping, with my fingers crossed, we beat the Falcons!” You dropped a 70 burger on them last year and are apparently better this year. Norwayne isn’t sneaking up on anyone. 😂

Since this has regional (Hillsdale) ties… Sorry. But I’m not gonna let you just “really hoping, with my fingers crossed, we beat the Falcons!” You dropped a 70 burger on them last year and are apparently better this year. Norwayne isn’t sneaking up on anyone. 😂
I was thinking the same thing......go ahead a set a nice and easy small spread on that game...The Bobcats are the Falcons kryptonite..