D-1 “super district’s”

DBru25

I’m not sure how it works , can someone break it down for me. Stark County D-1 schools I believe are
Records to best of my knowledge
Alliance 9-7
Mass Jackson 11-7
Massillon couldn’t find
Mass Perry 8-8
North Canton 15-4
Lake 9-8
Green 8-10
Canton McKinley 10-9
GlenOak 9-7

Apologizing if I missed someone or got records wrong going off game changer and canton rep box scores lol

No Stark County District. All those schools are in the Northeast Ohio/East super District.
I see that you post a good amount of quality information, can you explain to me how that works ? Do all the NEO/East teams get seeded out and say 1 plays 70 ? Or do they select where they could go ?
I didn’t follow how basketball did it if it’s even the same thing.
I know how football did theirs lol

I’m not sure how it works , can someone break it down for me. Stark County D-1 schools I believe are
Alliance 9-7
Mass Jackson 11-7
Massillon couldn’t find
Mass Perry 8-8
North Canton 15-4
Lake 9-8
Green 8-10
Canton McKinley 10-9
GlenOak 9-7

Apologizing if I missed someone or got records wrong going off game changer and canton rep box scores lol

Massillon Washington is 13-3.

Alliance 9-7
Mass Jackson 11-7
Massillon couldn’t find
Mass Perry 8-8
North Canton 15-4
Lake 9-8
Green 8-10
Canton McKinley 10-9
GlenOak 9-7

The Northeast District is divided into an East side with 35 teams and West Side with 35 teams. All teams in each side will be seeded 1-35. Three separate district tournaments will be played on each side with a total of six teams moving on to the Regionals. Teams will have a say in which bracket they land. Online seed voting is underway and will end Saturday. Teams will be placed on the brackets Sunday. This may help some -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6T3lQJ5NIbLlUJzb3Qt63nYaVlJ0_Qb14csCgsBbDM/edit#gid=0

Teams entered their information in earlier this week (records, opponents beaten, opponents lost, et al)
From that information, each of the 35 teams in the "super district" will rank the 35 teams 1-through-35. The deadline to do that is either Friday or Saturday
Based on the rankings with the highest and lowest vote totals thrown out (it might be two highest and two lowest, not sure), the teams will be seeded 1-through-35. Those will be released to the coaches Saturday afternoon
This coming Sunday, the coaches will meet to draw into the brackets. There will be a predetermined bracket of 11 (for sake of argument A), bracket of 12 (B), and bracket of 12 (C) - those predetermined brackets (unfilled) have each been assigned to a regional semifinal playoff game (for sake of argument, A will face a west district champion, while B faces C). Teams will pick their "line" on each of the brackets in rank order of their seed
For sake of argument, the top overall seed chooses top position in bracket B; then the second overall team chooses the top position in Bracket A; then the third overall team chooses the top position in Bracket C; then the fourth overall team decides to take the position that would reflect a two seed in Bracket A; and so forth.

Teams entered their information in earlier this week (records, opponents beaten, opponents lost, et al)
From that information, each of the 35 teams in the "super district" will rank the 35 teams 1-through-35. The deadline to do that is either Friday or Saturday
Based on the rankings with the highest and lowest vote totals thrown out (it might be two highest and two lowest, not sure), the teams will be seeded 1-through-35. Those will be released to the coaches Saturday afternoon
This coming Sunday, the coaches will meet to draw into the brackets. There will be a predetermined bracket of 11 (for sake of argument A), bracket of 12 (B), and bracket of 12 (C) - those predetermined brackets (unfilled) have each been assigned to a regional semifinal playoff game (for sake of argument, A will face a west district champion, while B faces C). Teams will pick their "line" on each of the brackets in rank order of their seed
For sake of argument, the top overall seed chooses top position in bracket B; then the second overall team chooses the top position in Bracket A; then the third overall team chooses the top position in Bracket C; then the fourth overall team decides to take the position that would reflect a two seed in Bracket A; and so forth.
It will be very interesting how certain coaches from certain schools vote.?

What is your source that the teams pick their line as opposed being placed on a line based upon their seed? I know that is the way it is done in basketball but did not think it was done that way in the Northeast Ohio Districts.

BTW - if its as you suggest that teams pick their spot in the bracket its a horrible idea for baseball and really unfair.

What is your source that the teams pick their line as opposed being placed on a line based upon their seed? I know that is the way it is done in basketball but did not think it was done that way in the Northeast Ohio Districts.
I merely assumed since it was done that way for basketball. I may be wrong.

I merely assumed since it was done that way for basketball. I may be wrong.
I could not find it on the OHSAA tourney website but at one point I thought baseball was different than basketball. Being able to place yourself in the bracket is chaos in baseball because you have to avoid certain teams in round one - such as Alliance - which could lead a top seed playing them instead.

I could not find it on the OHSAA tourney website but at one point I thought baseball was different than basketball. Being able to place yourself in the bracket is chaos in baseball because you have to avoid certain teams in round one - such as Alliance - which could lead a top seed playing them instead.
The OHSAA doesn't dictate that. The method for placement of teams on brackets is determined by each District Athletic Board.

the northeast district athletic board has went to teams being allowed to pick their line in all sports starting with this season (2020-21).

Alliance 9-7
Mass Jackson 11-7
Massillon couldn’t find
Mass Perry 8-8
North Canton 15-4
Lake 9-8
Green 8-10
Canton McKinley 10-9
GlenOak 9-7

Dover is 16-4. I believe they are in this district as well.

Online Voting Instructions from the Northeast District site (nedab.org):

"BRACKET PLACEMENT:

Once the seeds have been determined for each team in the tournament, teams will select their bracket based on the order of seed. Coaches from top two seeds will have the option to select a bracket, or pass, with subsequent placed team coaches choosing their bracket . The coach of the next ranked team will then be given their choice. After a team is placed in a bracket, the coach that passed will again be given the opportunity to select a line on a bracket. This will continue until each bracket is full.

Any team arriving after their seed has been called will be considered a “pass” (seed 1 or 2). Any team that is a “no show” at the draw meeting will be assigned last. If more than one team is a “no show” teams will be assigned in seeded order. Teams that have missed either of the two voting deadlines but attend the draw meeting will be seeded accordingly. Teams will have 3 minutes to make a selection."