Crusaders fall to Findlay 35-17.

BRICKtamland

Cooling Off
I wasn't at the game so I am not going to comment on it, I was just surprised when I saw the final score, and thought I would ask anyone who was at the game what happened.

It was not as close as the final score would indicate. Findlay was just dominant in all aspects of the game.

Justin Smith and Martez both sat out the game with injuries on offense, and Jaeger sat out with an injury, and Albrecht was ejected early.

Moe held on the first series, but fumbled the punt, Findlay scored on a long pass play immediately. Then Moeller fumbled on a botched pitchout, and Findlay shoved it in to make it 14-0 with less than four minutes gone. I'm going to guess altogether Moe had five turnovers.

On a bright note, Ryan Morris looked very well when he was in. I would think he may get more playing time, he has probably earned it.

Morris needs to be the starter. At least he throws a ball that has a chance of being caught. Soph running back looked very good. Play calling once again stunk. Down by 18 in the 3rd and first two series Moe comes out with the loaded backfield power running game. Some neutral fans on Moe's side were just laughing and thanking us for helping kill the clock. Just awful.

Ooops, also forgot... why doesn't Crable grab Odom, yell in his face, grab and shake him silly when he makes a bad play call like he does to his players when they screw up?

Findlay was a tough bunch of scrappy kids and well coached. QB was smart, good touch and accurate. Running back was tough to bring down one on one. Often he gained yards after contact. Receivers ran good routes and were physical. Kicking game very good, most kick offs in the end zone. Defense just played solid, not very many mistakes. Db’s seem to read our Qb very well. I think they saw in film that our Qb locks onto a receiver and they took advantage of that. Overall I was impressed. I especially liked the fact that they went for the throat after a turnover. They played to win, not to lose. Only negative, they had starting Qb running the ball late in the game.

Just a couple notes about this game:
1. How long are you going to make your team suffer by sticking with Redwine at QB. You have to give your team a chance, put Morris in.
2. How long are you going to make your team/fans suffer by sticking with Odom at OC. You have to give your team a chance, put ANYONE ELSE in.
3. You have a major weapon at TE in Sean Redwine... USE HIM(this goes back to my point #2). They should be using Redwine, like they used Hamby... throw to him more than once a game(this goes back to my point #1).

All in all, we gotta do something!

Moeller is alil weeker than when i was in high school... I think they should play more northern ohio schools

crusader3 said:
Just a couple notes about this game:
1. How long are you going to make your team suffer by sticking with Redwine at QB. You have to give your team a chance, put Morris in.
2. How long are you going to make your team/fans suffer by sticking with Odom at OC. You have to give your team a chance, put ANYONE ELSE in.
3. You have a major weapon at TE in Sean Redwine... USE HIM(this goes back to my point #2). They should be using Redwine, like they used Hamby... throw to him more than once a game(this goes back to my point #1).

All in all, we gotta do something!

All of your points are exactly what I'm thinking. They should be throwing redwine the ball atleast 5-10 times a game he is huge and I dont think many people should be able to gaurd hmi

Moeller started with two strikes against them offensively against Findlay. With Martez and Justin Smith out for the game with injuries, there was not a strong running threat nor a deep receiving threat. Tim Uecker did a fine job filling in at RB, but Findlay was able to key on Sean Redwine in the passing game.
The turnovers by both QB's (2+1 INT's, 1+1 fumbles lost) compounded the situation.
Add to that the defensive absence of Alex Jaeger, and the 1st quarter ejection of starting DB Albrecht (who as of this week will have mostly or completely missed 4 of the first 5 games of his senior year), and it's no great surprise Moe got drilled on a 2-1/2 hour roadtrip by an inspired team.
Whatever the relative talents of Redwine vs. Morris, getting an athlete like Pat on the field as a receiving target will help whether Justin is back this week or not. (I think Pat's better because he's more mobile, even if he zeroes in on his primary receiver, and even if he throws the ball through the stadium walls at times. I've seen Ryan subject to indecision that causes sacks - like against Withrow, and poor decisions that cause INT's - like against Findlay). The topper here is if Ryan Morris does not fair well at QB, then you can bring Pat back in. I always like the more experienced QB as the backup in a QB "controversy" where the talent levels are close. He's a little less likely to PEE down his leg if he has to come in.

Last edited:
TheDynastyContinues said:
How good is Findlay over all?

To let you know, Findlay went the rest of the season undefeated, finishing regular season 9-1 and losing to Massillon in second round. You have zero chance against Massillon this year.