Chris Moore Observations?

GauchoMike

Greetings, Eagles!

As I'm sure many of you know, Chris has signed a letter of intent to attend UC Santa Barbara next year. Since UCSB happens to be my alma mater, and since I'm crazy about our hoops program, I wanted to see if someone here would be kind enough to share their thoughts on Chris' progress this year.

We've been tracking Chris' progress on our message board, and he seems to be doing quite well.

Before the year, another Gaucho fan posted on this message board and some of you were nice enough to give us your impressions. Thank you!

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to reply here or drop by our message board:

http://pub217.ezboard.com/bucsbgauchos

We have many posters on our Board that would be thrilled to answer any questions about our program and/or school.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Go Eagles!!!

Go Gauchos!!!

Last Saturday (1/24) Moore had 35 points, a career high, in a win over Canton McKinley.

Coming into the game, McKinley was ranked #1 in Ohio's Division 1 (big school) poll. Thus, he put up 35 on some good competition.

Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Cooler King! Very, well... cool of you! :)

Some of us have actually been monitoring Chris' and your team's progress pretty closely via the Plains Dealer website.

So, ideally, I'd like to know what the opinions are of people who have seen Chris develop over the past year and a half. Based just on the numbers and the blurbs on the Dealer website, it looks like he is exceeding the expectations of some St. Ed's fans who gave us their impressions of Chris before the season got underway. At the beginning of the year, there seemed to be some skepticism about Chris' abilities by some posters on this board.

Anyway, does he look bigger? Faster? More confident? More comfortable? More dominant? Why?

I'd be grateful for any insights anyone might be able to provide.

Btw, check out our tracking page for our recruits which, of course, includes Chris:

http://pub217.ezboard.com/fucsbgauchosfrm2.showMessage?topicID=464.topic

Go Eagles!!!

Go Gauchos!!!

Like your website. Is "Van Smack" a contributor!?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Honestly, I have never seen Moore play live, as I haven't been to a basketball game in a few years.

I think some of the negative karma you got from other St. Ed's fans on here was because he came to Ed's with a lot of fanfare, media coverage, etc. As is usually the case in all walks of life, the legend far exceeds the reality.

In his defense, the intensity and caliber of competition in Ed's basketball far exceeds what he faced at his previous HS. Also, the pressures of coming to a new school, not knowing many people, you know, the usual stuff a teen faces but enlarged.

Hopefully, someone else can give you a breakdown of his personal skills. I do follow the team in the paper, just don't get to many games.

One interesting tidbit is that his two high scoring performances of the season thus far are against arguably the two best teams that St. Ed's has faced to this point. (Canton McKinley and Cleveland Heights.)

Thanks once again for your thoughtful response. Hopefully, someone who has seen Chris play this year will chime in, preferably someone who was lukewarm on Chris a couple months ago! After all, I'm most concerned with development and improvement.

St. Ed's seems to have some tough fans. A few months ago, I heard that Eagles fans booed Chris on at least one occasion. I had never heard of high schoolers booing their own player! Tough crowd, eh! :)

Since our coach, Bob Williams, has a history of redshirting big men, Chris will very likely have another year to develop to Div I basketball while adding some muscle and adjusting to the academic rigors of UCSB. As you may have noticed, Chris is being joined by a 6'11" recruit, so that should take some pressure off Chris while having a peer pushing him in practice.

Although van Smack shows much love to UCSB, he has never openly posted on our board. In fact, I don't even know if he knows about it. The board you visited is actually quite new. It has only been up for a few months, and it's a vast improvement over our last board! The guys who set it up did a great job.

Thanks again!

Go Eagles!!!

Go Gauchos!!!

The change in Moore is like night and day comparing him to last season. Last year he wasn't the main guy, now he is the man for the Eagles and he has really improved and stepped up in all phases of his game. The Eagles will go as far as Chris can take them. He was dominating Canton McKinley as I watched him pour in 35 last Saturday. He looks much stronger and in better shape then last season.

Thanks, Edge

Thanks for the information!

It's encouraging to see Chris put up those numbers against some very tough competition. I can't wait to see him play in a UCSB jersey!

Go Eagles!!!

Go Gauchos!!!

Chris' hands have really improved since last year and his court awareness is improved as well. The kid knows how to play basketball and runs the break suprisingly well. I'm not sure if he'll ever have the footspeed to be a great DI power forward, but he has the frame where he could put on alot of muscle and be a very good center. I think this is a good pickup for UCSB.

Another solid game by Moore as he had 24 points and controlled the paint against archrival St.Ignatius in a 75-64 win at the Nest.

Chris Moore comes back the night after the St.Ignatius game and scores 25 points to lead the Eagles over North Royalton in a 74-59 victory at the Eagles Nest.

Moore did not hurt his hand. He scored 29 points this past Friday to lead the Eagles to a 79-49 win over University. I believe he scored in the 20's again the following night to lead the team over Detroit County Day.

It is point guard Trent Morgan who hurt his hand and will sit out a few weeks.