CHL Football 23

I saw on a news site that Reading scored 35 in the first quarter. 😳 And Deer Park had 14. 49 points in one quarter. What kind of defense is happening?

I'm trying to wrap my head around that 17-14 score, because three weeks ago I watched Mariemont 12, Finneytown 6, a game Ft could possibly have won (they fumbled at the Mariemont 11 late in the fourth).

How can both those things have happened?

I'm trying to wrap my head around that 17-14 score, because three weeks ago I watched Mariemont 12, Finneytown 6, a game Ft could possibly have won (they fumbled at the Mariemont 11 late in the fourth).

Wyoming hit a field goal with 7 seconds left. I don’t think Tully played in the FT game.

Charlie Tully makes a big difference for Mariemont and he didn’t play against Finneytown. Not saying I expected Mariemont to win tonight, but that’s the only reason they almost lost to Finneytown.

Wyoming had multiple breaks in this game, but also made some mistakes. Mariemont fumbled on the one yard line. Arguably should have been a touchdown. Wyoming then fumbled late in the game on the five yard line. Mariemont had about a thirty yard run called back on a phantom hold, which led to great field position after a punt, leading to Wyoming’s game winning FG.

Wyoming is going to lose next week.

Week 8: "The Streak"

IH at Wyoming: Do not just hand this to IH which everyone will want to do after the MM game. IH has the upper hand talent-wise and momentum. WYO survives a trap game which may actually benefit them in focus. There is a lot of history in this match-up with IH having games won and penalties/turning the ball over at big moments. Hancock will have 2-3 plays up his sleeve to swing momentum. IH must control emotions and avoid costly penalties. Game comes down to the final play. IH by 1.

Others:
Mariemont at Deer Park: MM by 28
Madeira at FT: Madeira by 37
Taylor at Reading: Taylor needs to beat either Reading or IH to make playoffs. Significant underdogs in both. Reading too much. Reading by 17.

You guys might be thinking Indian hill can win this game. I completely disagree. It’s Wyoming we’re talking about. The Braves have no chance. Wyoming doesn’t lose football games. John podijill is overrated can’t win big games. Wyoming by 21

Looks like Taylor had their "piss down the leg" game, did not expect it to be this one but you cannot predict pissing down the leg.

Taylor hype train.
Seems like it’s their defense that causes these losses to teams they could/should beat.
Still have not seen that train. Please point it out when you see it.

Last edited:
You guys might be thinking Indian hill can win this game. I completely disagree. It’s Wyoming we’re talking about. The Braves have no chance. Wyoming doesn’t lose football games. John podijill is overrated can’t win big games. Wyoming by 21
No way by 21. If IH spreads the field and throws the ball, they will have a chance. They won’t have a chance if they go run heavy. Wyoming flat out stops the run, but can’t defend the pass. Next week will be the first game all season that Wyoming is 100% healthy. And don’t think for a second that the Mariemont game wasn’t a wake up call. They walked into the stadium thinking they would win by 30 and got punched in the mouth. That won’t happen again.

R16 Playoff probability after Week 8: per Drew Pastuer

Locks or near-locks (99%+)
1. Clinton-Massie (8-0) Already in and home twice
2. Wyoming (8-0) Already in and home, 80% twice
3. Unioto (7-1) Already in and likely home, 53% twice
4. Archbishop Alter (5-3) Already in, 95% home, 62% twice
5. Taft (6-2) Already in and likely home, 66% twice
6. Shawnee (Springfield) (7-1) Already in and likely home, 17% twice
7. Indian Hill (6-2) Already in, 58% home, 19% twice
8. Archbishop McNicholas (4-4) Already in, 34% home, 5% twice
9. Waverly (5-3) Already in, 26% home
10. Washington (4-4) Already in, 29% home
11. Eaton (6-2) Likely in, 27% home
12. Roger Bacon (5-3) Likely in, 24% home
13. Urbana (6-2) Likely in, 4% home

5 catches
147 yds
3 TDs
Maybe he should play a different position, if he's really that good--only touching the ball 5 times (and scoring 3 times) means he's NOT touching the ball enough... same thing with Elder when Kyle Rudolph was playing TE there--- X couldn't stop him, but he only got the ball 3-4 times a game-- and basically was not able to sway the games in Elder's favor, with such limited touches.