CHL Football 23

Hats off to IH. They are starting to make a believer out of me. Big win last night. Kids well prepared, executed and played fast. Reading had no clue what they wanted to do. Didn't look prepared and hit the panic button early. Losing faith quick in their full house run game.

Hats off to IH. They are starting to make a believer out of me. Big win last night. Kids well prepared, executed and played fast. Reading had no clue what they wanted to do. Didn't look prepared and hit the panic button early. Losing faith quick in their full house run game.
I would agree. A switch has been flipped. Much different IH team, mentally at least, than the 1st half of the season. There's a golf quote I read once that read something like the hardest 6in on the course is the distance between your ears. Feel like that applies to all sports and especially here. That Mariemont win sparked something that those kids have been able to latch on to. Congrats to them, however, I'd hold off giving Wyoming any bulletin board material. Am disappointed in Reading. Expected a lot more from them....and definitely a lot more fight. No one not even the IH folks, expected that result.

Reading has DP next week but if they play like they did last night, DP wins by dbl digits. Speaking of DP, anyone know if Cal's back next week or an update? One of my 'work wives' said the AD was still on the sideline yesterday.

That's the kind of game you'd expect a team like Taylor to play against a team like FT. Now can Taylor be consistent and do the same to what's becoming a very very bad Madeira team, or will it be a game like they played against Mariemont?

A quick FYI for dad, being great in the CHL doesn't make you a star. I'd say in the past 25 years, CHL has had less than 10 kids who were truly "stars." Some very good ones but guys you look at and say "That's the dude," not many. Wynn, Hall, Pope, Prater, Hester, Pike, Roy, and Clark. 4 out of 5 CHL kids wouldn't step foot on the field at a D1 or many D2 programs until their senior year and most likely wouldn't at all.

Looks like Wyoming played a little version of daddy ball against DP looking at the box score.

Reading isn't very good, and so one dimensional they are starting to be exposed. I still don't see them losing to DP. Taylor maybe.

Depending on two freshman especially at QB and RB is a tough request for a chance to beat Wyoming. Even in their dominance of Reading, both made several freshman mistakes Reading didn't make them pay for, but Wyoming will.

The future of the CHL has seem to take a shift, especially after this year.

Looks like Wyoming played a little version of daddy ball against DP looking at the box score.

Reading isn't very good, and so one dimensional they are starting to be exposed. I still don't see them losing to DP. Taylor maybe.

Depending on two freshman especially at QB and RB is a tough request for a chance to beat Wyoming. Even in their dominance of Reading, both made several freshman mistakes Reading didn't make them pay for, but Wyoming will.

The future of the CHL has seem to take a shift, especially after this year.
IH definitely is rolling. While 2 freshmen leading the way certainly leaves room for errors, I think the key to the Wyoming game will be defense. I don't think Reading ever got inside the Braves 20. They only reason the devils scored was their kicker was very good. I think Braves hold to cowboys to 14 points and that will be the difference. 24-14 Braves over Cowboys.

Daniel 10000% is the difference.

Nothing else.
He has been dominant. I think the Fancher POY talk can end. 28 yards no TDs vs Wyoming, less than 100 and no TDs vs IH. Running it up on a MVC Summit team doesn't get you CHL player of the year.

Does the league give it to a frosh if he continues on this pace?

This is correct.

I'd say the reason Coldwater, ML, Minster, Anna, etc. Are phenomenal are the same reasons why Clinton Massie is always good.... what else is there to do? Faith, Family, Farming, Football.... no distractions. A 2-8/3-7 MAC team could also very well win a CHL title in any given year. Just about every season there are 4-5 MAC teams who have legitimate shots at winning a title and won't only cause they are beaten in the playoffs by another MAC team. When you have to play at that level every single week, you're going to be successful. There's no MVCA or CCD or Finneytown on their schedules.
if this were true, there would be no "opioid crisis" in rural Ohio (and West Virginia) communities.