Carson-MD

steeler 01

Get ready for their are 20 teams in our city alone that would beat them, and Whoat telling us how slow they are. Although I don't think these teams are our best, but I hardly think 20 teams in a city can beat MD.

Gotta agree, Steeler. I think MD is an elite, while Carson is a good team from a weak city section. I look for MD to roll Carson. Thirty yrs ago, Carson, Gardena, and Banning were absolute beheamoths in the HS football world, and every bit as good as the elites from the CIF. But the City has fallen on hard times. Are you gonna be at the game tonite? And are you going to the Loyola-DLS game in a couple wks?

Gotta agree, Steeler. I think MD is an elite, while Carson is a good team from a weak city section. I look for MD to roll Carson. Thirty yrs ago, Carson, Gardena, and Banning were absolute beheamoths in the HS football world, and every bit as good as the elites from the CIF. But the City has fallen on hard times. Are you gonna be at the game tonite? And are you going to the Loyola-DLS game in a couple wks?

No....These games don't interest me. I'll be at the Santiago-Espy game on Friday and the Olu-North game in a couple of weeks, and a couple of others during the season.

Man, MD sure rolled over Carson, yeah, By 3 in triple OT! Its like Im standing 10 ft from the target and missed it altogether by 15 ft! With a shotgun, no less.
So much for my cred.

I remember when Carson beat Banning (who was National #1) in 1988 avenging an early season loss. Banning was monster team and Carson beat them handily...Carson has fallen quite a bit from those days.

I remember when Carson beat Banning (who was National #1) in 1988 avenging an early season loss. Banning was monster team and Carson beat them handily...Carson has fallen quite a bit from those days.

Those teams were monsters back then. Both those schools use to have athletes everywhere. They both lost their coaches and fell into being average. Now Banning has Ferragamo back and he has made a difference. A lot of people think that Poly's dominance is a direct correlation with both of these schools demise. Poly gets the athletes and lineman(Samoans) that Carson and Banning used to get.

I played JC college ball with a Samoan from those Carson teams...monster kid, but dropped out of school and dissappeared off the face of the earth.