C/o '17

After watching the opening game of the season, this ballyhooed class of '17 looks a little suspect! Could it have been 1st game gitters:shrug: But to be in a tie for most of the first half with a small, not very athletic Springfield team raises some questions. The defense seemed solid, heard the names of Smith, Rodriguez, Brown, Decator, and Loll. The problem on "d" is the secondary! They were getting TORCHED! Offensively, the line has to do a better job of blowing holes open for Bridges! He was relatively quiet in the first half! Honestly it's typical Ellet offense, wham right/wham left. Toss sweep right/left. Sprinkle in Mud cat right/left and the occasional mud cat dive. If this is the team that's supposed to win the city and make the playoffs, the community of Ellet is in for a world of hurt!

Last edited:

Overrated? Probably. As bad as you make them out? Probably not.
Took a half for the offense to get going but they finally did and put 21 pts. on the board in the 3rd qtr. Everything hinges on the o-line and they're breaking in two new tackles and a guard.
Defense played better than I was expecting actually. Springfield got to the outside on the ground a few times and hit a few big plays through the air but they never got anything going consistently. Ellet also had 3 interceptions.
The play calling is what it is under Yost, nothing changing there.
Green, Buchtel and probably East will be challenges for sure. I expect at least 7 wins. City title and playoffs would be a bonus for me.

Overrated? Probably. As bad as you make them out? Probably not.
Took a half for the offense to get going but they finally did and put 21 pts. on the board in the 3rd qtr. Everything hinges on the o-line and they're breaking in two new tackles and a guard.
Defense played better than I was expecting actually. Springfield got to the outside on the ground a few times and hit a few big plays through the air but they never got anything going consistently. Ellet also had 3 interceptions.
The play calling is what it is under Yost, nothing changing there.
Green, Buchtel and probably East will be challenges for sure. I expect at least 7 wins. City title and playoffs would be a bonus for me.

Lol, cmon now Orange, you know they're not as good as they were hyped up to be! I didn't say anything that those at the game didn't see!

Lol, cmon now Orange, you know they're not as good as they were hyped up to be! I didn't say anything that those at the game didn't see!

I think some of the kids aren't playing up to the hype but the skill guys are pretty good. Bridges, Haverstick, Brake, Pemberton and Jarvis are all solid.

Btw, Jarvis didn't play last week and Joe Williams isn't back yet. Those guys really help on D.

I think some of the kids aren't playing up to the hype but the skill guys are pretty good. Bridges, Haverstick, Brake, Pemberton and Jarvis are all solid.

Btw, Jarvis didn't play last week and Joe Williams isn't back yet. Those guys really help on D.

I agree with that! Joe Williams is out for the season, I don't know how long Jarvis is out with that shoulder injury. So those seniors better step up, this is their last yr! They might lose to Tallmadge, if things don't improve! I'm really pulling for these boys I'd like to see them go out on top