C’mon Wrexham!

Interestingly, the other team that had a NETFLIX series, Sunderland Till I Die, has also advanced through round 4, and played Premier League Fulham to a draw. If Wrexham gets past Sheffield, they play Tottenham (Harry Kane) in round 5. Sunderland would play Leeds (also Premier) if they beat Fulham. Unlike Wrexham, though, which is at the 5th level (National League), Sunderland is at the 2nd level (Championship).

If you’re a fan of a struggling/losing team (like the Browns), Sunderland till I Die is riveting. The misery, the obsession…all very familiar…

Last edited:
Interestingly, the other team that had a NETFLIX series, Sunderland Till I Die, has also advanced through round 4, and played Premier League Fulham to a draw. If Wrexham gets past Sheffield, they play Tottenham (Harry Kane) in round 5. Sunderland would play Leeds (also Premier) if they beat Fulham. Unlike Wrexham, though, which is at the 5th level (National League), Sunderland is at the 2nd level (Championship).

If you’re a fan of a struggling/losing team (like the Browns), Sunderland till I Die is riveting. The misery, the obsession…all very familiar…

I've watched a few episodes of STID that directly involved the club I follow. It's pretty well done.

The series catches Sunderland during a brief low point in the club history but from 1999-2017 they were pretty reliably a Premier League team, which is considered pretty good fortune by English professional standards.

Nearly Premier league Sheffield United is worried because Wrexham is bringing 5,000 fans for tomorrow’s replay.

Grateful they’re not playing Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday…

Sheffield United created just about all of the game's best chances as I thought they would, but what I didn't anticipate was their horrific decision-making for the two penalties they conceded. The game could've finished very differently had Mullin converted that second one.

Credit to Wrexham on an impressive run. I wonder if they'll garner the same levels of excitement if/when they approach promotion this spring.

Best story of the FA Cup so far hasn't been Wrexham but rather Grimsby Town who play a division above Wrexham and just advanced to the quarterfinals where they'll travel to Brighton of the EPL in the next round.

They became the first team in the history of the competition to defeat 5 teams who played a division above them.