Byrnes SC in 08

6AFOOTBALL

I know this is off subject and CALPREPS means absolutely nothing.

But is Byrnes really that good this year??

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 31, [2006] St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) 8

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 28, [2007] St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) 14

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 38, [2001] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 21

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 44, [2006] Lakeland (FL) 14

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 42, [2006] Northwestern (Miami, FL) 17

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 35, [2006] Carroll (Southlake, TX) 20

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 40, [2006] Prattville (AL) 14

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 40, [2004] Hoover (AL) 14

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 41, [2007] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 20

I have seen some wild predictions out there, but are they really THIS good?

I'd rather not have to type up all that I did last year exposing calpreps. Just do a calpreps search and read what I wrote last Fall/winter. Bottom line: completely disregard the calpreps computer.

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

Well, I AM in Georgia now, and it will mean approx a 90 min drive in ugly traffic for the games, but I will likely make the journey. I wont get my regular fix of HSFB until Sep 13, so I may as well get a fix tonite. Ill report my findings when I return to Calif on mon. Its a two game mini Herbie. In the opener, Fla Mainland HS plays a local Ga school, and in the nitecap, Byrnes does business w. No.Gwinnett HS, a #5-6 team from Ga in the pre-polls.
Gotta give Byrnes credit for having the balls to travel out of state, unlike a certain prima dona team, who fell down on their only visit to the national dance stage.

Well, I AM in Georgia now, and it will mean approx a 90 min drive in ugly traffic for the games, but I will likely make the journey.
Is your Georgia home north or south of Atlanta? I lived in Sandy Springs for twelve years prior to moving to DC. I truly miss it there.

In the opener, Fla Mainland HS plays a local Ga school, and in the nitecap, Byrnes does business w. No.Gwinnett HS, a #5-6 team from Ga in the pre-polls.
Here's an article from today's Atlanta paper about tonight's matchups.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/highschool/stories/2008/08/28/gwinnett_county_football.html

North Gwinnett is ranked #7 in Class AAAAA in Georgia for this week. There's a local kickoff classic kind of event in Georgia the week before most other teams start the season.

AJC RANKINGS - WEEK OF AUG. 25 Class AAAAA
1. Lowndes (0-0) vs. Woodland-Stockbridge
2. Northside-Warner Robins (0-0) vs. Perry
3. Camden County (1-0) Off
4. M.L. King (0-0) vs. SW DeKalb (Hallford Stadium)
5. Newnan (0-0) vs. LaGrange
6. Grayson (1-0) Off
7. North Gwinnett (0-0) vs. Byrnes (S.C.)
8. Valdosta (0-0) vs. Jenkins
9. Walton (1-0) Off
10. Harrison (0-0) at Peachtree Ridge

Interestingly, Byrnes will come back to Gwinnett County next year to play Central Gwinnett.

Unfortunately, for Central Gwinnett, a couple of their star players are in big trouble and won't play tonight.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...8/08/27/central_gwinnett_forgery_arrests.html

2004 Colerain is the one projected matchup to which all projected matchups should be measured:

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 34, [2004] Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) 22

That 12-point difference is the closest I have been able to find. This is also the first time I have ever found a team that "beat" Colerain.

Is your Georgia home north or south of Atlanta? I lived in Sandy Springs for twelve years prior to moving to DC. I truly miss it there.

My house is in Acworth, N/W of Atl, just north of Kennesaw/Marietta.

Here's an article from today's Atlanta paper about tonight's matchups./

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/highschool/stories/2008/08/28/gwinnett_county_football.html

North Gwinnett is ranked #7 in Class AAAAA in Georgia for this week. There's a local kickoff classic kind of event in Georgia the week before most other teams start the season.

I did go to the games last nite. Mainland just had too much for Central. Central looked inept. Mainland isnt an elite, just Central had little. In the nitecap, it was interesting. Both teams did the spread, and employed a no huddle offense. If you avg the ticket price out to # of plays that were run, this game was a terrific value. They musta had a zillion plays per team. Great pace. Lots of action. NG actually was handling Byrnes, but it got to be like the finger in the dyke. The finger broke on late 3Q, and B got like 4 quick TD. Byrnes is fast, and they have a #90 DE that is awesome. Young team, dominated by Jr's. Not sure they deserve that high of a ranking, tho. I aint sure they are ready to do bidness w.Euless Trinity. But, Im glad I went. FB in Calif doesnt start for 2 wks basically. Im heading back to Ca tomorrow morn.
Interestingly, Byrnes will come back to Gwinnett County next year to play Central Gwinnett.

Unfortunately, for Central Gwinnett, a couple of their star players are in big trouble and won't play tonight.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...8/08/27/central_gwinnett_forgery_arrests.html[/QUOT/

No they Are Not

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

And either is Prattville. LOL!!!

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

no they proved that in their first game. it was close at first. they did pick up but still. someone will rough them up and play physical enough to beat them.

And either is Prattville. LOL!!!

I guess you mean NEITHER is prattville.

What I find funny, is you think Prattville is not a good team, even though they traveled 500+ miles to play in a NFL stadium with a new QB and a new coaching staff, and yet still performed VERY well.

I guess the New England Patriots weren't that good last year, since they lost a game.

Obviously... :wallbang:

You REALLY think that new England was not a good team last year because they lost ONE GAME???

hahaha, you can bang your head all you want, it just means they were outplayed in the super bowl.....not that they were any less of a team.

You REALLY think that new England was not a good team last year because they lost ONE GAME???

hahaha, you can bang your head all you want, it just means they were outplayed in the super bowl.....not that they were any less of a team.

:wallbang: :wallbang: :stirthepot:

Hahaha! I was yoking! They were one of the best football teams of all time, and almost as perfect as any team has ever been.

They scored the most points (36.8 PPG), gained the most yards (411.3), committed the fewest turnovers (15), and they had the best scoring-percentage inside the red zone (.944).

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blo...2-Ceiling-Belichick-is-wat?urn=fantasy,104873

2004 Colerain is the one projected matchup to which all projected matchups should be measured:

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 34, [2004] Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) 22

That 12-point difference is the closest I have been able to find. This is also the first time I have ever found a team that "beat" Colerain.

Yes this is the first year that I have seen a team "beat" Colerain... This is very interesting...

But whats weird is this....

neutral field
[2008] Byrnes (Duncan, SC) 35, [2004] Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) 26

How does it change?

My house is in Acworth, N/W of Atl, just north of Kennesaw/Marietta.
That's a nice area, if you don't work in the City of Atlanta. At least you're not required by law to own a gun in Acworth, like you are in Kennesaw. :laugh:

I did go to the games last nite. Mainland just had too much for Central. Central looked inept. Mainland isnt an elite, just Central had little. In the nitecap, it was interesting. Both teams did the spread, and employed a no huddle offense. If you avg the ticket price out to # of plays that were run, this game was a terrific value. They musta had a zillion plays per team. Great pace. Lots of action. NG actually was handling Byrnes, but it got to be like the finger in the dyke. The finger broke on late 3Q, and B got like 4 quick TD. Byrnes is fast, and they have a #90 DE that is awesome. Young team, dominated by Jr's. Not sure they deserve that high of a ranking, tho. I aint sure they are ready to do bidness w.Euless Trinity. But, Im glad I went. FB in Calif doesnt start for 2 wks basically. Im heading back to Ca tomorrow morn.
I figured Central Gwinnett would look bad, because their star players just got busted. I haven't checked back to see if they were found guilty of the charges or what's going on with them.

North Gwinnett rebounded to beat Brookwood 17-3 this week. It is interesting how the power has shifted in Gwinnett County; it used to be that Brookwood and Parkview ruled the football scene in the county.

NORTH GWINNETT 17, BROOKWOOD 3: North Gwinnett rebounds, tops Brookwood