Buchtel 6-5 @ canton south 11-0 week 12

Yeah, Buchtel had me worried last year but a couple series in and it appeared they were having a rough time keeping track of so many WB weapons and the speed factor wasn’t a huge issue . Buchtel was definitely quicker than the EBC teams but not like some of the track stars I remember from them in the past.
Griffs starting corners are both State track qualifiers #15 for the Griffs is a ballhawk has about 10Ints the last two years he was knocked out of the WB game last year in the first half. Griffs were forced to use 2 freshmen after that and Deshields absolutely lit them up! I think getting that experience against a QB like Deshields will help the Griffs tremendously in this match up.

I WAS BASING MY ANALYSIS ON HOW COMPETITIVE BUCHTEL WAS IN THOSE GAMES
THEY PLAYED "UP".
HOOVER 27 GRIFFS 21
HARDING (WHO DESTROYED SVSM 35-0 LAST WEEK) 20 GRIFFS 16
LAKE CATHOLIC 27 GRIFFS 13
BENE 49 GRIFFS 31
EAST 14 GRIFFS 11

BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG. I'D LOVE TO SEE SOUTH WIN A REGIONAL TITLE.
IF THEY DO, IT WON'T BE EASY.
They should’ve won 3 of those games
Was up on Warren Harding 16-14 with 3min left
Was up on Bene 31-20 at halftime came out flat 2nd half
Had 2TDs brought back against East….If Griffs can stay focused for a full 48min watch out!

I WAS BASING MY ANALYSIS ON HOW COMPETITIVE BUCHTEL WAS IN THOSE GAMES
THEY PLAYED "UP".
HOOVER 27 GRIFFS 21
HARDING (WHO DESTROYED SVSM 35-0 LAST WEEK) 20 GRIFFS 16
LAKE CATHOLIC 27 GRIFFS 13
BENE 49 GRIFFS 31
EAST 14 GRIFFS 11

BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG. I'D LOVE TO SEE SOUTH WIN A REGIONAL TITLE.
IF THEY DO, IT WON'T BE EASY.
It should be a fun game. It looks like South's tougher games were early with st clairsville, Dover and CVCA. Any time a team wins 11 in a row they are good.

Griffs starting corners are both State track qualifiers #15 for the Griffs is a ballhawk has about 10Ints the last two years he was knocked out of the WB game last year in the first half. Griffs were forced to use 2 freshmen after that and Deshields absolutely lit them up! I think getting that experience against a QB like Deshields will help the Griffs tremendously in this match up.
Sounds like they have the athletes to hang. Poochie Snyder is the passing leader in Stark County history with over 10,000 yards and he can run too. This could be a very fun game to watch!!

They should’ve won 3 of those games
Was up on Warren Harding 16-14 with 3min left
Was up on Bene 31-20 at halftime came out flat 2nd half
Had 2TDs brought back against East….If Griffs can stay focused for a full 48min watch out!
I have a lot of respect for Buchtel and have no dog in this fight. It sounds like they have the type of team that can make a deep playoff run if they put together 4 quarters consistently. They can probably win this by 2 scores but they better respect Snyder and the rest of the team. South has a good line, skilled players are much more athletic than you may think and Poochie Snyder is a very intelligent quarterback with 4 years of experience that can throw, run and is a tough kid. Any time you play a quarterback that can make plays when you think you have him stopped is a dangerous team. He is that kind of player.

best of luck to both teams

Video Live Stream

Attachments

• IMG_2006.jpeg
    IMG_2006.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 52
Played a not so good schedule too. Helps.
I will agree to a certain extent St clairsville is a pretty good team Dover is a pretty good team as well and they beat both of them the two best teams on their schedule they beat. AB played a great schedule but they did not win none on them games they have not beat nobody with a winning record. Would I be surprised if the griffs won? No not at all but to act like CS shouldn't even show up and they don't have a chance it's just asinine

Yee no one really give buchtel a chance to beat cardinalmooney and should be a good game Friday night

Strength of schedule (from Drew Pasteur).... doesn't appear to be that big of a difference.

Akron Buchtel - beat 1 playoff team
#32 of 105 in Division 4

Canton South - beat 6 playoff teams, one twice.
#37 of 105 in Division 4

Looking forward to what could/should be a great game.
Good luck & health to both teams.