Bryan Girls Soccer Opens With A 23-0 Win Over Toledo Bowsher, Just One Goal Short Of State Record

All you need to know about the quality of high school soccer. Bad and getting worse. Amazing how many select teams there are and a lot of teams don't even have JV teams. Sad
Getting worse? These scores exist nearly every year. Maybe not 23-0, but there's always massive scorelines. This does not mean anything for the "quality of high school soccer."

Especially when most have never heard of the two schools playing and their lack of history anyway.

Are you aware more and more teams aren't fielding a JV team?
You have proof on that one?

From what I've seen, there are a ton of kids out for soccer. I know schools that have had 80-120+ at tryouts. I know a school that had 30 tryout for their freshman team.

NFHS did not produce participation numbers in 2020, and we are still a few weeks off from the 2021 study (if available). The feeling is that participation numbers will see an increase after the first decline (2018-19) the organization had since 1988.

By the looks of the data, soccer has done well for HS participation in the recent past when the studies were able to be done:

2018-2019 = 853,182 participants
2017-2018 = 846,844 participants

1st part, I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's up to the losing to stop you from scoring. I believe Bryan had 14 or 15 different scorers. It's not like they let their best player put up double digit goals. And Bryan is not exactly a power house. Passing around kids is way worse to me than playing the game and scoring. Play the game, don't play games. This came up in the past, and like I said I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's mine.

2nd point on the reduction of players, like Belied Dat said, to me it seems numbers are rising. We had to cut kids for the first time ever because we maxed out Varsity and JV roster size the turnout was so high. And that was after losing multiple kids in the voluntary practice part of the season. I know turnout was high at many other schools in our area (Southwest Ohio) or so I've heard from friends around the area.

1st part, I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's up to the losing to stop you from scoring. I believe Bryan had 14 or 15 different scorers. It's not like they let their best player put up double digit goals. And Bryan is not exactly a power house. Passing around kids is way worse to me than playing the game and scoring. Play the game, don't play games. This came up in the past, and like I said I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's mine.

2nd point on the reduction of players, like Belied Dat said, to me it seems numbers are rising. We had to cut kids for the first time ever because we maxed out Varsity and JV roster size the turnout was so high. And that was after losing multiple kids in the voluntary practice part of the season. I know turnout was high at many other schools in our area (Southwest Ohio) or so I've heard from friends around the area.
A score like this use to tick me off but I’m coming around to your view on this. As long as the winning them is letting everyone participate, making a pass or two before a shot on goal you can’t ask for much more. Let them play the game.

I have gone back and forth on this as well. Some other ways to do it rather than pass around.
Players have to head the shots into goal rather than just kick
Players on winning side put in different positions
Players pass 2-3 times before shooting
Chop 10 minutes off clock when it gets to be 6 or 7 goal lead any score after that chop 3 minutes off clock