Browns Schedule Next Season

CoachHoversten

What do us Browns fan expect next year, coming off an 11-5 record with a soft schedule? Obviously teams can change talent wise in one year (see Miami up and Houston down), but I like Cleveland’s chances against everyone except division winners.

Division:

Pittsburgh x 2
Baltimore x 2
Cincy x 2

Rotating Divisions:

Kansas City (14-2)
Las Vegas (8-8)
LA Chargers (7-9)
Denver (5-11)

Green Bay (13-3)
Chicago (8-8)
Minnesota (7-9)
Detroit (5-11)

Other 3rd Place AFC teams:

New England (7-9)
Houston (4-12)

I would predict 3-3 in the division, lose to KC and GB, 5-1 against other AFC West and NFC North teams, and beat NE and Houston.

that would leave them at 10-6, leaving room for one upset win and one upset loss (like Jets this year) so still 10-6.

Hope that’s enough for playoffs (wasn’t this year)

This season the north was very lucky to play the divisions they did.

Next year? Ten wins and you are the AFC North Champions, and only one team will make the playoffs.

The NFL may also try to institute the 17 game season next year. I would be they will to try and make up for lost revenue this year. I am hoping if they do a 17th game they match them up like they do for the two other games (NE/HOU).

I am debating if it should be with the conference, or the NFC, but whatever it needs to be the 3rd place team for whatever said division.

Ill be honest, 10-6 is very optimistic....

This season the north was very lucky to play the divisions they did.

Next year? Ten wins and you are the AFC North Champions, and only one team will make the playoffs.

The NFL may also try to institute the 17 game season next year. I would be they will to try and make up for lost revenue this year. I am hoping if they do a 17th game they match them up like they do for the two other games (NE/HOU).

I am debating if it should be with the conference, or the NFC, but whatever it needs to be the 3rd place team for whatever said division.

Ill be honest, 10-6 is very optimistic....

10 - 6 is optimistic?

Who would you say are the sure losses? I would say GB and Kansas City

Who would you say at the likely losses? I would say only Pittsburgh and Baltimore (twice each), though I would expect they win at least 1 of these 4

Who would you say are toss-ups and they are as likely to lose as they are to win? I would say maybe Chicago b/c of that defense

Who would you say are sure wins? I would say Cincinatti (Burrow won't even be back until mid-season), Denver, Detroit, and Minnesota

I would say the rest are likely wins (Las Vegas, LA Chargers, New England, and Houston)

Assuming they win their "sure" and "likely", that is 9 wins. Win the toss up game or any 1 of the 4 games with Pittsburgh and Baltimore and you are at 10. Win toss up AND 1 of 4, you are at 11.

Now, unexpected things happen (see Jets game), week 17 is always divisional game, so Pitt/Balt may be resting people, etc. But like I said, I would expect they will win 1 game they would be expected to lose and likely will lose 1 game they should win, so those average out.

10-6 is a reasonable guess based on the rosters for the season just ended. But I'm going to wait to see all the various roster changes before hazarding a guess for next year. Raiders, Houston, Chargers, Vikings, Bears may be much better than this year with just a couple pieces added. If the Browns get help defensively in the back 7 we could be really strong.

Ask me again in August.

11 wins this year and the schedule was putrid.

Much tougher next year so I expect 8 win.