Big Ten conference realignment.

hubman

Watching the NCAA Championships and Olympic trials I realized with addition of schools like Oregon and USC the Big Ten is on another level now.

I am curious if the B1G championships will get permanently moved to Eugene or not.
I don't think Oregon would have nearly the sway they think now that they are joining the Big10. OSU and the other B10 schools don't give a damn about Hayward Field. I know I don't. In fact, it's a detriment to the sport for USATF to be so aligned with Oregon. Bad.

I don't think Oregon would have nearly the sway they think now that they are joining the Big10. OSU and the other B10 schools don't give a damn about Hayward Field. I know I don't. In fact, it's a detriment to the sport for USATF to be so aligned with Oregon. Bad.
It is not good for the sport that nearly every big meet in the US is at the same, hard for great majority of people to get to, place.

It is not good for the sport that nearly every big meet in the US is at the same, hard for great majority of people to get to, place.
This is one of the reasons that I thought Omaha was good for USA Swimming. Middle of the country where most people can venture if they so chose. But I would love to see more of these Olympic level events rotated to different regions of the country where feasible.