Best Ohio XC Team EVER?

My notes show Woodridge was an automatic bid in 2006 and LaSalle received an at-large. Elmhurst York was the other automatic bid from the midwest. The regional meet was not contested until 2007. Medina earned an at-large that year.
That is correct. Woodridge #1 got sick (Food Poisoning) at Oregon. Put him at his normal #1 and they would have finished very high that year. The year before is the year that started their streak of consecutive state meet qualifying. That year started the girls.

I’m fairly certain Stifel was the #2 in 2013. But yes, crazy.
Except for Nike Regional and the blanket finish at GCL, Hall was #1, Stifel was #2 and Vitucci was #3 for St. Xavier in 2013. Hall did not compete in the Bombers first meet (Moeller Primetime) where Stifel and Vitucci finished 1-2 overall.

That is correct. Woodridge #1 got sick (Food Poisoning) at Oregon. Put him at his normal #1 and they would have finished very high that year. The year before is the year that started their streak of consecutive state meet qualifying. That year started the girls.
'04 was Woodridge boys' 1st year of the current streak. '05 team looked like the favorite all year but didn't get it done at state.

'04 was Woodridge boys' 1st year of the current streak. '05 team looked like the favorite all year but didn't get it done at state.
The Salem team? I'm bad about confusing years anymore. I keep forgetting track and CC are different years. I went by when my daughter graduated in my head.

The Salem team? I'm bad about confusing years anymore. I keep forgetting track and CC are different years. I went by when my daughter graduated in my head.
Yeah, that was Salem boys repeating as team champions with St. V finishing 2nd. After dominating the regional meet, Woodridge finished 3rd at state. The region was as stacked as ever that year. Walsh Jesuit was #2 in the state poll behind Woodridge coming into the regional meet and failed to advance, with Aurora snaking the 4th team spot out of Boardman.

86 and 87 were pretty darn good.
I recall fall of 1985 Caldwell showed up at Brookville invitational, where no fewer than three other small school state qualifiers were competing, and I'm pretty certain Caldwell finished with a perfect 15 points (only time I ever saw it done) and their 7 th man was in top 10 with a 16:30 something? That was an amazing program for a sport that unlikely had kids transferring in for a chance at a title.

I recall fall of 1985 Caldwell showed up at Brookville invitational, where no fewer than three other small school state qualifiers were competing, and I'm pretty certain Caldwell finished with a perfect 15 points (only time I ever saw it done) and their 7 th man was in top 10 with a 16:30 something? That was an amazing program for a sport that unlikely had kids transferring in for a chance at a title.
I can't speak for 1985, but the 1986 Caldwell team won Brookville with 25 points (1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 & 15) with a 5-man average of ~15:37. Their 7th man was 16:31 that day.

Last edited: