Best of Class 2011

Hits09
GE will not see the better GCL pitching unless it's in the State Tourney. Whereas GE will throw the best available to try to get a win against a GCL school. GE plays Moeller week 1, but Moeller has St X, Lasalle, Noblesville & Elder following...GE plays Loveland, Badin, Loveland & Milford following...Guess Moe will see one of your good ones...

Hits09
GE will not see the better GCL pitching unless it's in the State Tourney. Whereas GE will throw the best available to try to get a win against a GCL school. GE plays Moeller week 1, but Moeller has St X, Lasalle, Noblesville & Elder following...GE plays Loveland, Badin, Loveland & Milford following...Guess Moe will see one of your good ones...

No way GE will throw #1 or #2 with 2 conference games against Loveland that week. Moeller will probably see #3 or 4. I guess we will find out whose pitching staff is deeper.

The FAVC team with the advantage first week is Anderson vs. Moeller & St. X with only two games against Winton Woods to finish the week. I have to believe the GCL teams will see Anderson's top pitchers.

On the other hand, St. X and Moeller have much better indoor facilities, far more offseason workouts (going by what I've heard over the years from parents of St X and Moeller athletes), and typically more athletes dedicated to just baseball than the FAVC teams. Early in the season I'd give a big advantage to the GCL South schools.

On the third hand, with early season unpredictable weather the odds of playing in decent weather, or playing at all, aren't that great.

On the fourth hand, we should really start a new thread if we want to continue this discussion...

How many hands do you have? :eek: I agree about starting a new thread for that topic, though... we're getting off-track.

Teams are going to throw their number 1's against GCL schools in this case Moeller. Having a win over Moeller can make the season a success..... Anyways who are some top players from the class of 2011

Teams are going to throw their number 1's against GCL schools in this case Moeller.

If a team is out of league contention and Moeller is having one of the their great seasons I could see where a win over them would mean more than a league game later in the week. But unless there is a monsoon forecast later in the first week of the season, I believe Anderson will throw their top pitchers against Moeller and St. X instead of saving them for Winton Woods, and Glen Este will save theirs for Loveland. I guess we'll see who's right.

Gwoc 2011

Jimmy Powell from Springfield is clearly the top player from the GWOC in this class. I would be suprised if there is a better hitter. Matt Sullivan (Centerville) and Kyle King (Springboro) are also tops in this class. There may be more, but I'm speaking from watching them play.

Zac Raynor at Greeneview has the glove in centerfield,made three catches
last nite that kept the Rams in the game, others to watch King at Sprinboro,
Dotson at Mburg, Sullivan at Cv.

I think King will play somewhere this summer he is too good a hitter. He is one of my favorite players to watch. Intense and doesn't like to lose. I believe he is a better baseball player than football player.