Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Gabe Mullane

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Jay Dupont

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathan Kanam

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

I don't think it's possible to argue w/Billy Sauders being the choice here. I've never seen a better kicker at JHS.

I still remember him kicking a FG at Cuyahoga Falls that almost hit the Black Tiger on the wall of the school. Not an easy task, since it was several stories up and 50 yards behind the posts. A CF coach remarked he had never seen that happen before.

Can't really say I have an opinion on all the other positions (too many variables), but this one is clear cut, IMO.

I know it said since 2000 but Jacksons best kicker had to be Tony Bartholemeu(sp)..class of 99..IN his senior season alone 98..He hit multiple fg's of over 45 yards..Most his kickoffs were all touchbacks and he was an amazing punter.

I still remember him kicking a FG at Cuyahoga Falls that almost hit the Black Tiger on the wall of the school. Not an easy task, since it was several stories up and 50 yards behind the posts. A CF coach remarked he had never seen that happen before.

REALLY!!! OK, "50 yards behind the posts" allowing for a minimum 20 yard field goal (or basiclly an extra point) that would make the kick over 70 yards, not to mention "the several stories up". Unless they have moved the school, the goalposts are maybe 20 yards from the school and the Black Tiger on the wall is on the second floor. It is routinely hit with extra points. :rolleyes:

REALLY!!! OK, "50 yards behind the posts" allowing for a minimum 20 yard field goal (or basiclly an extra point) that would make the kick over 70 yards, not to mention "the several stories up". Unless they have moved the school, the goalposts are maybe 20 yards from the school and the Black Tiger on the wall is on the second floor. It is routinely hit with extra points. :rolleyes:

You are correct about my distance being a little off - according to bing.com's map, the area of the school where the Tiger is at is only about 25 yards behind the goal post, not 50.

However, I did look back at some old records and the kick was a 46 yarder (he also hit a 42yd one in that game). Figuring 7 for the placement and 25 to the Black Tiger, that's 78 yards on the fly. Pretty impressive in game conditions, IMO.

You are correct about my distance being a little off - according to bing.com's map, the area of the school where the Tiger is at is only about 25 yards behind the goal post, not 50.

However, I did look back at some old records and the kick was a 46 yarder (he also hit a 42yd one in that game). Figuring 7 for the placement and 25 to the Black Tiger, that's 78 yards on the fly. Pretty impressive in game conditions, IMO.

The 7 for the replacement is already counted in the 46.

How big was this fish? In 10 years he will have kicked this barefoot in a blizzard.