Benedictine vs Bay

BengalGuard

I just witnessed my first Lacrosse game tonight, and it happened to be Benedictine's first game also. I'm already hooked on the sport. Benedictine scored within about 25 seconds of the beginning of the game, and it was a great start for the program. After falling behind, the Bengals came out and tied the game in the last period (quarter?). Number 18 for Bay scored a nice goal (his second I believe) to win the game in OT. He played a great game.

Congrats Bengals! Nice showing for the first game.

Get out and see a game if your school has the sport. I know I'll be back!
Now I just have to learn the rules.

I just witnessed my first Lacrosse game tonight, and it happened to be Benedictine's first game also. I'm already hooked on the sport. Benedictine scored within about 25 seconds of the beginning of the game, and it was a great start for the program. After falling behind, the Bengals came out and tied the game in the last period (quarter?). Number 18 for Bay scored a nice goal (his second I believe) to win the game in OT. He played a great game.

Congrats Bengals! Nice showing for the first game.

Get out and see a game if your school has the sport. I know I'll be back!
Now I just have to learn the rules.

Here is link for the rules: http://www.laxpower.com/common/rules.php

Glad you made it to a game BG. I got hooked in college and this will be a good reason to get back into this game.

The game flows and moves a lot like hockey with a couple twists. The long stick defense is an obvious one as well as the old school girls basketball like rule that there are 3 players for each team that must stay on the attack and defensive sides of the field. As a start up program the thing to look for is the stick work. If the ball is on the ground a lot they need work, if they are passing it around and working for an opening then they are ahead of the game. Doesn't hurt either that Benny has some athletes to draw from.

One of the Bay H.S. administrators was talking with us, and mentioned that this is only Bay's second year with lax. In his opinion, we are ahead of the curve from a skills point of view. The ball wasn't on the ground as much as he expected. Plus, as the game went on, it seemed that our guys got better at passing the ball. Bay had a definite advantage where that was concerned.

That's kind of ironic, our first game with the new hockey program was also against Bay.

Anyways, best of luck to the Bengal laxers (?). Although I never played, I think lacrosse is a fun sport to watch. Does the team play its games at Luke Easter or CWRU? Or someplace else?

At this point, all the games are away. Check the school website for dates/times/locations. The next close game is at Beechwood, on 4/5 @ 4:45 pm.