Beavercreek beats Lakota West, 2OT & PKs

MajorFan

Wow! What an amazing game...

Beavercreek came out fast in the first 6-7 minutes of the game and had a couple of scoring chances with no success. West then proceeded to play even with 'Creek through the rest of the first half and most of the second half. West had a couple of good runs, but couldn't get a good shot off. Beavercreek appeared to wake up late in the second half and had a couple of more chances but could not convert.

1st OT: Beavercreek dominates the ball. They definitely looked like they wanted it more at this point. Tyler Pollock from Beavercreek had a nice run, but went wide with his shot. West pressed hard, but the 'Creek defense held. Still 0-0.

2nd OT: West dominates the ball. West had several good scoring chances, but Mitch Inkrott, the Beavers' goalie, made a couple of beautiful saves. TJ Badiru, who had the winning goal against Fairmont, had an excellent chance on a break away, but his shot went wide. Still 0-0.

PKs:

West scores 1-0
Beavercreek scores 1-1
West scores 2-1
Beavercreek misses 2-1
Inkrott blocks the shot 2-1
Beavercreek scores 2-2
West scores 3-2
Beavercreek scores 3-3
West misses 3-3
Beavercreek scores 4-3 That's a winner!

Congrats to the Beavers, who all know who I am according to a source close to me. :blush: Way to go, boys! :)

Next up: Elder on Saturday at 3pm at Northmont.

Go Beavers!

One save and one miss and I didn't keep track of who went when. Somebody else who was at the game could help us out here...

west

who missed for west...and were they saves or misses

West played very well tonight. I would have to say they were the dominating team . They won first half and end up winning second half. Unfortunately, the end result never showed who played the better game. The goals missed were on cross bar and names aren't that important. Sad thing is they lost . West was on their game and it was an exciting one to see. But the PK's weren't the way I'd like to see west lose the game. Much deserved win but very unlucky. Sorry boys keep your heads up. You all played your hearts out.