Anderson vs Milford Score???

This game wasn't even close. Milford dominated from the outset. Anderson started getting very chippie- and the officials allowed a lot of dangerous play. It is only a matter of time that some one is going to get hurt seriously if the officials don't start calling the blatant head shots that I have witnessed at several games this year from MS to HS D1.

I have seen photos of these "hits" and "slashes" with officials standing right there yet no flag is thrown. When a kid swings the stick with one hand head high it is only a matter of time that someone is going to be taken off on a stretcher and never play again. The other shots that seem to go on called are the 5+ yard runs with arms extended head high.

This game could have been very serious. One kid with 7 stitches, another taken off the field on a backboard. I know this is a physical game and I love that aspect of it but the intentional "Head Hunting" is getting out of control and the officials IMO are not making the calls to keep the game under control and safe.

This game wasn't even close. Milford dominated from the outset. Anderson started getting very chippie- and the officials allowed a lot of dangerous play. It is only a matter of time that some one is going to get hurt seriously if the officials don't start calling the blatant head shots that I have witnessed at several games this year from MS to HS D1.

I have seen photos of these "hits" and "slashes" with officials standing right there yet no flag is thrown. When a kid swings the stick with one hand head high it is only a matter of time that someone is going to be taken off on a stretcher and never play again. The other shots that seem to go on called are the 5+ yard runs with arms extended head high.

This game could have been very serious. One kid with 7 stitches, another taken off the field on a backboard. I know this is a physical game and I love that aspect of it but the intentional "Head Hunting" is getting out of control and the officials IMO are not making the calls to keep the game under control and safe.

Was a very physical game but to clear the air in both incidents that you are referring to, neither of the plays were considered dirty plays and that was from the mouth of the Milford coaches. Indeed unfortunate results though.

I heard the young man taken off the field was pre-cautionary for possible concussion? I hope that's all it was and he will be able to play in there next game. Milfords defense and ball movement was outstanding.

Was a very physical game but to clear the air in both incidents that you are referring to, neither of the plays were considered dirty plays and that was from the mouth of the Milford coaches. Indeed unfortunate results though.

I heard the young man taken off the field was pre-cautionary for possible concussion? I hope that's all it was and he will be able to play in there next game. Milfords defense and ball movement was outstanding.

Just to keep you informed I have film of both hits and slash it is very clear what the intent was. And whether the intent was malicious or not it was clearly an illegal hit on both counts, on the one with the player being removed from field by back board, it was the slash to the neck and the hit from behind that caused the injury, the official was clearly right there and made no call except to say play on?!?? My point is not towards the players as much as it is towards this years officiating. If they don't start calling these types of hits, games will continue to get out of control and eventually we will end up with players more seriously hurt then 7 stitches and possible concussions. That is my purpose for this post. I don't represent either team in this matter, just a fan of the game, who has seen a lot more kids removed from the field on backboards this year then ever before.

Last edited:
Just to keep you informed I have film of both hits and slash it is very clear what the intent was. And whether the intent was malicious or not it was clearly an illegal hit on both counts, on the one with the player being removed from field by back board, it was the slash to the neck and the hit from behind that caused the injury, the official was clearly right there and made no call except to say play on?!?? My point is not towards the players as much as it is towards this years officiating. If they don't start calling these types of hits, games will continue to get out of control and eventually we will end up with players more seriously hurt then 7 stitches and possible concussions. That is my purpose for this post. I don't represent either team in this matter, just a fan of the game, who has seen a lot more kids removed from the field on backboards this year then ever before.
With a son that plays the game. Not this particular game by the way. I fully agree with you but I'm fairly certain in the second incident the reason the kid got hit in the back was because he got sandwiched and spun around by first kid and bang, bang unfortunately his back was exposed. I did not see a slash nor apparently did the refs or the Milford coaches where the play happened right in front of. I guess my point being refs are human and things happen very fast. I can't say in all cases but generally if something flagrant happens it generally gets called. In the goalie incident again I thought it was just a matter of split second bad timing. Igt appeared the attack was scooping and turning just at the time the goalie was coming out. If that hit happens two seconds later the unfortnate circumstances would have been totally different. Just my opinion.

well i agree with its not the players fault as more it is the officials. the kids are just trying to play the game and illegal hits do happen because its a game. And because its a game the refs have to call them. in this case it seemed anderson couldnt take the loss respectably and just went out to hit. refs rarely called the hits illegal. just my opinion

With a son that plays the game. Not this particular game by the way. I fully agree with you but I'm fairly certain in the second incident the reason the kid got hit in the back was because he got sandwiched and spun around by first kid and bang, bang unfortunately his back was exposed. I did not see a slash nor apparently did the refs or the Milford coaches where the play happened right in front of. I guess my point being refs are human and things happen very fast. I can't say in all cases but generally if something flagrant happens it generally gets called. In the goalie incident again I thought it was just a matter of split second bad timing. Igt appeared the attack was scooping and turning just at the time the goalie was coming out. If that hit happens two seconds later the unfortnate circumstances would have been totally different. Just my opinion.

You need to look at the film- goalie came 5+ yards out and it was not a scope , the attack was in the shooting motion when he got hit. I have 4 sons that play the game at all different levels and IMHO the officiating has not been calling the games tight enough and when you have several photo's and film's that show refs standing right there it is obvious that they see it and don't call it.

Oh by the way which Milford coach have you had a personal conversation with, because that's not what I have heard, and the Anderson coach was warned to keep his moth shut or he would get a bench penalty by the official after the goalie hit- he yelled at the ref saying it was a clean hit. Again if you would check the films I think your opinion would change very rapidly.

agreed, another case Milfords goalie came out and cross-checked the stick out of the attackmans hands and no flag. Was clear his hands were apart but not as severe as 7 stiches. seemed anderson couldnt handle losing

Strategy Fails- And Fails Big

One last comment on this game.
We discussed in an earlier poll Anderson's strategy of skipping a first round bye to face Milford earlier in the playoffs. Guess the answer we were looking for and what I predicted was it was risky and failed big.

Milford had this game won in the first 3 min.

Go Eagles
Next Lebanon- My prediction Milford by 6

Predictions for tomorrow 6/2

What are the predictions for the Semis?
Milford over Lebanon by 8
Centerville over Orange by 3