Alliance "Pride"

bushman20

How is anyone ever supposed to take pride in anything when they don't know what to take pride in? And have you ever thought about this, how many teachers, faculty, and administrators know the words to the Alma Mater? Something I feel all students should know before they walk the stage on their final day.

Next time you're in the gym, take a look up at the banners that have not been updated in about 4 years. But on that note, look into how 'some' sports are updated and others are not. I think it is pretty obvious that the last time the baseball team won a league title was not in the early 90's. But for anyone that comes into Alliance High, that is all they know. Or what about the soccer team, who has almost ran the NBC since we joined? Not to mention 2 regional appearances. I could go on further but I feel it is not needed...I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices.

I understand this may sound minor compared to most things. But when you break it all down and think about it the level of pride has to start somewhere and if people are not willing to take pride in making sure the minor things get done, how will we ever get the bigger things done? I understand completely that money is an issue, like at any school. But if it is so expensive to get it done on the banners we have then why not figure out an easier solution? You can't tell me that using a cherry picker and paint is more expensive than what we have going right now.

People will probably first have the initial reaction to put the blame on Schott for it all, but we have to remember the diseases that sat in that same office for 6 years prior to him taking over. So for everyone out there pointing the finger at him, take that into consideration because Mike Schott is our only hope of getting out of this mess. It is just going to take time.

I have kept quiet about this for a very long time, and I guess it does not strike a note with others like it does me based on the fact that myself as well as others close to me played a huge part in getting Alliance Athletics back to what it used to be and earning our spot on the wall. It just seems like the only time anybody in the hierarchy at Alliance cares about what a student is doing is when they are calling them to the office to biitch at them for something. But the minute they do something great, nobody knows until they've graduated. Everyone in their office needs to understand that sports are what hold a lot together as far as keeping kids in the halls, and not somewhere else. You would think the lesson would have been learned when we lost who could have been one of the best ever to come out of our backfield this past year.

I know that none of what I say is ever going to be taken seriously because I am 20 years old, and nobody wants to take criticism from a 20 year old. I feel like the term "Alumni" is not taken serious until you are in your 50's...but regardless I am a proud alumni of Alliance and no matter who says all of this you can't hide from the facts. Plain and simple.

When will this end? And when will "Aviator Pride" actually exist in the halls of Alliance high? My heart will always bleed columbia blue and red, and my faith should never be questioned. But something needs to change, and it needs to change sooner than later.

Last edited: