ACC Indoor - Ohio Girls - Kenna Stimmel, Grace Hartman, Samantha Bush

JAVMAN83

Just quickly perusing some major conferences this morning, I find that:

In the ACC @ Louisville, Frosh Kenna Stimmel (VaTech) WON the pole vault! 14' 5 1/4" (4.40m)!
Also in the ACC, Grace Hartman & Samantha Bush (NC State for both) both qualified for the women's mile final. Hartman ran a PB 4:39.42, while Bush was right behind her at 4:41.03, qualifying 3rd and 4th, respectively.

A few more names I recognized after your post piqued my interest.

Ohioans Sydney Seymour (NC St.) and Savannah Roark (Syracuse) took 2nd and 3rd in the 5000 on Thurs. in 15:57.18 and 16:04.75 (PB), respectively.

Elizabeth Whaley (Wake Forest) placed 17th in the women's mile prelim in 4:48.66.

Nathan Mountain was 6th in the men's mile prelim.

Bush and Hartman finished 5th and 6th in the mile final which just concluded. Mountain is running as I type this.

Conner McClure (VT) is competing in the men's pole vault which is currently in progress.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mr. Slippery. I do remember seeing the 17' 3" vault sometime during that whole discussion last year. The only question had been the legitimacy of the competition vs. other schools. It hadn't been clear for awhile in looking at what had been posted on MileSplit until it was resolved. You still can't tell from MileSplit that there was another school at that meet.

Amir Willis (Withrow HS-Florida State) brought home a 2nd place finish in the 200m and secured a spot at NCAA Indoor Championships.