A game that lived up beyond anyone's expectations

I watched some of the FS1 special, the pregrame and about half the time.

It was fantastic. That was by far the most MLB baseball I have watched in two years as I have lost all interest.

I went there in Oct of 2017. Got there right before dark. It is literally in the middle of nowwhere, gravel roads and all.

We were the only one there other than a farmer combining the corn (they kept about 10 feet of corn for the 'fence'. NO fences. NO gates. Nothing to stop anyone from coming at any time.
We had a good 15 minutes by ourselves on the field before it got dark. It was so surreal.

By the looks of things they added a few barns on the original site. Before it was just the field, house, a souviener stand and a shed.

Did I miss anything...I thought it was going to be a gimmie for Costner to throw out the first pitch to the actor who played his dad.
I thought it woulda been perfect for him during his speech to say 'dad, wanna have a catch'

I will be honest what I saw was a baseball game that everyone involved in announcing interviewing tried to make it out to be more than it was. It was just a professional baseball game with a corn field as a back drop nothing more or nothing less.

Watched the first half inning. Saw the corn. Cool.

Saw the usual ads behind home plate and the video screen in the outfield. Not so cool.

Switch the station. And, did I read Costner made an appearance? Through the corn?

?

Watched the first half inning. Saw the corn. Cool.

Saw the usual ads behind home plate and the video screen in the outfield. Not so cool.

Switch the station. And, did I read Costner made an appearance? Through the corn?

?

Pregame here. Enjoy!!!

I will be honest what I saw was a baseball game that everyone involved in announcing interviewing tried to make it out to be more than it was. It was just a professional baseball game with a corn field as a back drop nothing more or nothing less.
Poor take. The Field of Dreams Game was the best game of the season.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Your ad here!