2023 OHSWCA State Dual Districts D1 Saturday Feb 4th

From Josh Lowe:

We know the eight teams for D1 state duals at St. Edward in a week. Will be interesting to see how the four nationally ranked teams (Ed's, Breck, P'burg, and Wads) get seeded and then the other four (Coffman, Springboro, O. Liberty, and LaSalle).
Onto actual wrestling, I think Boro draws better than coffman since they already wrestled Liberty and won. . 14-1 I think in duals this season with the only loss being 34-32 to Graham.
Since you INSIST on beating a dead horse here's the logic Einstein. When a wrestler has been out for over a month, I don't consider him missing from the lineup (he's gone). Especially since they came up with a more then adequate replacement. The other two wrestlers mentioned in the post have been expected to be available for quite some time evidenced by Boro's ranking. I have nothing but respect for MP's program (they will be even better next season), and they aren't going to dwell on reasons/excuses on why they lost to Wadsworth. I suggest that you and your niece do likewise.
bro, I don’t think even you understand the fundamental logic behind your initial post. You acted like Johnson was supposed to be there with your dumb “I can’t find Johnson” comment. It’s not a stretch to think people reading that comment would think that you want an explanation or help as to why Johnson wasn’t in the rankings. If you knew he was gone, makes the comment 10x as dumb. Nobody accused you of disrespecting the program until you took what was meant to be a helpful comment and called it an excuse.

Last edited:
1) Ed’s 2) Brecksville 3) Wadsworth 4) Coffman( beat Liberty a few weeks ago in dual )5) Springboro( beat Liberty beginning of season) 6) Olen Liberty 7) Lasalle 8) Avon Lake … pretty simple if you base on head to head duals already .. don’t know if brecksville and wadsworth wrestled??
What’s funny pugluv? Just posting facts is all .. didn’t mean to post facts and get a laugh ?!

From an earlier yappi thread, liberty wasn't concerned with competing to win against Springboro in the dual. Seems like that will come back to haunt them as they now have no business being seeded ahead of them
Haunt…lol, good one Reggie…Perrysburg showed everyone what these duals mean…

Last edited:
Given how egregious it was that Liberty didn't fill out their whole lineup in a dual over Christmas break, I can only imagine the outrage Reggie must be feeling for Perrysburg right about now.

I really don't know why perrysburg pulled out. I heard injuries. Maybe putting out multiple ff isn't the look they wanted to give to this event. Maybe they just bailed. Dunno

Haunt…lol, good one Reggie…Perrysburg showed everyone what these duals mean…
I'd say haunt. Yea. I imagine and i would hope liberty would want another shot at coffman. Looks like they will have to try break the 7 year losing streak next year. That would be a haunt to me.

Don't you live in Chillicothe? :stirthepot:
yea. in that area at least. (vinton county but just built a house close to town so the kids could be close to their school) I just admire the time that coaching staff puts into that program. Hearing about coaches doing SAT test preparation in the evenings trying to get kids into colleges, meeting average kids before school to get work in when the kid has to go to work for the family after school, going out of their way to help SE ohio kids get better, when it does nothing for their program,- those kinds of things sell a program to me

bro, I don’t think even you understand the fundamental logic behind your initial post. You acted like Johnson was supposed to be there with your dumb “I can’t find Johnson” comment. It’s not a stretch to think people reading that comment would think that you want an explanation or help as to why Johnson wasn’t in the rankings. If you knew he was gone, makes the comment 10x as dumb. Nobody accused you of disrespecting the program until you took what was meant to be a helpful comment and called it an excuse.
Not your bro, not going to continue arguing my reasoning and the point I was trying to make. You/some don't understand it and others don't accept it. Don't know, don't care. Think it's time to move on.

yea. in that area at least. (vinton county but just built a house close to town so the kids could be close to their school) I just admire the time that coaching staff puts into that program. Hearing about coaches doing SAT test preparation in the evenings trying to get kids into colleges, meeting average kids before school to get work in when the kid has to go to work for the family after school, going out of their way to help SE ohio kids get better, when it does nothing for their program,- those kinds of things sell a program to me
Yep, great dudes. They may even have a couple of the new kids in the program living in their basements. (I kid, I kid. They don’t actually do that.)

But I don’t get the hate toward OLib. Marinelli and his staff do it right too, from what I can tell. Coffman got us in the dual this year - it was a rough one. They have a really good squad. I’m hoping we get them back at districts, but it will be another battle I’m sure. Both teams (and others) are elevating central Ohio to near relevancy statewide and nationally.

Last edited:
actually, no hate at all. The coffman staff was very very complimentary of the dual with liberty. They were telling me its what an awesome wrestling environment should be. Win or lose it was great. The ABC (anybody but Coffman) crap, laughing when kids are hurt, wishing kids would get hurt, refs badmouthing coaches on a hot mic at the state tournament and then being defended on here. It just makes it seem like people arent cheering for elevating central ohio, they are rooting for their own rise. (Is yappi mostly central ohio folk?)

Wont "haunt" us as we don't lose sleep over duals in December or February. March matters to us. Always has. Always will.
I get it, fresh powder, sunny days on the slopes followed by afternoons on the patio, there's almost nothing better than spring skiing in Breckenridge!

I'd say haunt. Yea. I imagine and i would hope liberty would want another shot at coffman. Looks like they will have to try break the 7 year losing streak next year. That would be a haunt to me.
Honestly OL and Coffman may do the same sectional. And then go at it again at districts. I think I would not mind being split up at stat duals.

1. Eds
2. Brecksville
3. Wadsworth
4. Springboro
5. Coffman
6. O Liberty
7. LaSalle
8. Avon Lake