2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
Has there been any sort of development on the St. Francis job? There have been some rumblings that they will drop to the AA catholic league division.
Do they have difference division placements depending on sport or is it all about enrollment?

Do they have difference division placements depending on sport or is it all about enrollment?
I believe it is based on program quality, which somewhat is about enrollment but mostly is about how good the team is. I can see Divine Child or UofD Jesuit moving up. St. Francis and maybe Rice should move down. As far as I know none of the small schools, no matter how good, move up to the highest level.

NWO Playoffs Regional Final Picks

Division 3, Region 10

■ 3 Tiffin Columbian vs. No. 1 Central Catholic [x] - at Bishop Stadium, Clyde
Division 3, Region 12
■ 6 Celina vs. 1 Badin [x] - at Miami Valley Hospital SportsPlex, Trotwood
Division 4, Region 14
■ 2 Glenville vs. 1 Sandusky Perkins [x] - at Ely Stadium, Elyria
Division 5, Region 18
■ 6 Coldwater vs. 1 Liberty Center [x] - at Spartan Stadium, Elida
TCC (homer pick)
Badin (wapak scores convinced me)
Perkins (will there be snow?)
LC (Archbold scores)

Division 3, Region 10

Division 3, Region 12

Division 4, Region 14
2 Glenville [x] vs. 1 Sandusky Perkins [x] - at Ely Stadium, Elyria

Division 5, Region 18

Division 7, Region 26
■ 6 McComb [x] vs. 5 Patrick Henry - at Buckenmeyer Stadium, Napoleon

I believe it is based on program quality, which somewhat is about enrollment but mostly is about how good the team is. I can see Divine Child or UofD Jesuit moving up. St. Francis and maybe Rice should move down. As far as I know none of the small schools, no matter how good, move up to the highest level.
If you would have told me 25 years ago that SF and Rice would be in the same league and the bottom tier of that league because of their non-competitiveness I'd a called you crazy. Ahhh the slow death of Catholicism in America.

When I was a kid there were 6 healthy parishes in East Toledo (St. Louis [Frenchies], Good Shepherd [Irish ;) ], Sacred Heart [Za Germans], St. Stephen [Hunkies], Holy Rosary [Italians, Slavs], and St. Thomas [mixed bag upper East Side]. Today there is kind of one. Kind of.

Division 3, Region 10

Division 3, Region 12

Division 4, Region 14
■ 2 Glenville vs. 1 Sandusky Perkins [x] - at Ely Stadium, Elyria

Division 5, Region 18

Division 7, Region 26
■ 6 McComb [x] vs. 5 Patrick Henry - at Buckenmeyer Stadium, Napoleon
Central by 21
Perkins in a nailbiter
LC close first half, win by 14
Not sure PH is getting no love, but PH by 6

If you would have told me 25 years ago that SF and Rice would be in the same league and the bottom tier of that league because of their non-competitiveness I'd a called you crazy. Ahhh the slow death of Catholicism in America.

When I was a kid there were 6 healthy parishes in East Toledo (St. Louis [Frenchies], Good Shepherd [Irish ;) ], Sacred Heart [Za Germans], St. Stephen [Hunkies], Holy Rosary [Italians, Slavs], and St. Thomas [mixed bag upper East Side]. Today there is kind of one. Kind of.

Same in North Toledo. So many use to be thriving and now most are closed. Unfortunately when these 40 and 50 something olds left East, West and North Toledo Parrish neighborhoods for P’Burg and Sylvania, most of them didn’t take their catholic upbringings with them.

Wasn't a big deal before, now I wish we'd gotten to see TCC against Massillon, Hoban... They seem to have found their complete game. At the least, they need someone that can at least weight match their line, if not their depth.

I get Elyria and Euclid confused, one east the other west, so I was really excited maybe seeing that Stadium (Euclid). Elyria is a lot closer though.

Shoutout to the Celina Bulldogs for upsetting Badin and making it to the semifinals!

Anyone know when the last time they’ve made it this far, or is this new territory for them?

Shoutout to the Celina Bulldogs for upsetting Badin and making it to the semifinals!

Anyone know when the last time they’ve made it this far, or is this new territory for them?
i know that celina hadnt won a playoff game since 1998

They made it this far in 1998 and were state runner up in 1983

Edit: and 1995

Last edited:
De La Salle and Belleville in the Michigan D2 final.

De La Salle gobblesmacked Mott. Belleville gobblesmacked Davison, the one team other than TCC to beat De La Salle. However, I would still throw out the window that Belleville is looking for their 3rd in a row, all with the same QB, now only a Jr and that disparity of the Davison game. This one's a toss-up.

ps: Whiteford is in the finals again, against Ubly. What's an Ubly? It's what you get if you're running from the Detroit cops north on Van Dyke, until you hit the thumb knuckle.

De La Salle and Belleville in the Michigan D2 final.

De La Salle gobblesmacked Mott. Belleville gobblesmacked Davison, the one team other than TCC to beat De La Salle. However, I would still throw out the window that Belleville is looking for their 3rd in a row, all with the same QB, now only a Jr and that disparity of the Davison game. This one's a toss-up.

ps: Whiteford is in the finals again, against Ubly. What's an Ubly? It's what you get if you're running from the Detroit cops north on Van Dyke, until you hit the thumb knuckle.
Belleville plays Southfield A&T in D1
De La Salle plays Muskegon in D2
Whiteford vs Ubly is a rematch from last year

NWO Football Semifinal Picks
Division 3, Region 10

■ Chardon vs. Central Catholic [x] - at Mercy Field, Elyria

Division 3, Region 12
Celina vs. Bishop Watterson [x] - at Doug Adams Stadium, Xenia

Division 5, Region 18
■ Valley View vs. Liberty Center [x] - at Sidney Memorial Stadium, Sidney

Division 7, Region 26
Patrick Henry vs. Marion Local [X] - at Spartan Stadium, Lima

CC survives a Chardon scare, Celina's historic run comes up just short, Liberty Center pushes through their injury riddled line up and moves on to Canton, while Patrick Henry's unbelievable postseason campaign ends at the hands of the "Evil Empire" of Marion Local.

Props to all teams that have gotten this far, especially Celina and Patrick Henry. Awesome to see the Bulldogs have a nice run that hasn't happened since '98, while the Patriots pushed through the loss of Nash Meyer to get to the state semifinals as well. Rooting for a NWO sweep this Friday!

Division 3, Region 10

Division 3, Region 12
Celina vs. Bishop Watterson [x] - at Doug Adams Stadium, Xenia

Division 5, Region 18

Division 7, Region 26
Patrick Henry vs. Marion Local [X] - at Spartan Stadium, Lima

CC survives a Chardon scare, Celina's historic run comes up just short, Liberty Center pushes through their injury riddled line up and moves on to Canton, while Patrick Henry's unbelievable postseason campaign ends at the hands of the "Evil Empire" of Marion Local.

Props to all teams that have gotten this far, especially Celina and Patrick Henry. Awesome to see the Bulldogs have a nice run that hasn't happened since '98, while the Patriots pushed through the loss of Nash Meyer to get to the state semifinals as well. Rooting for a NWO sweep this Friday!
It's also been a pleasure reading someone all season mix in some WBL talk with the rest of NW Ohio. Well done.

Division 3, Region 10

Division 3, Region 12
■ Celina vs. Bishop Watterson [x] - at Doug Adams Stadium, Xenia

Division 5, Region 18

Division 7, Region 26
■ Patrick Henry vs. Marion Local [X] - at Spartan Stadium, Lima

All Blade Team came out today.

QB - Ryan Montgomery - Findlay
RB - Marquan Braswell - Central
RB - Isaac Sexton - Southview
RB - Braxton Althauser - McComb
WR - Jaylen Watson - Central
WR - Jaqui Hayward - Oak Harbor
WR - Javonte Hill - Findlay
OL - Marc Nave - Central
OL - Carter Lowe - Whitmer (JR.)
OL - Dillon Robinson - AW
OL - Elijiah Williams - Central
OL - Landon Bockelman - Liberty Center

DL - Cadence Carswell - AW
DL - Mike Cannings - Central
DL - Jacob Ridener - Oak Harbor
LB - Joe Seney - Perrysburg
LB - Davonte Wright-Ward - Central
LB - Napoleon Jemison - Whitmer
LB - Jasen Kelly - Whitmer
DB - Marvin Greenlee - Central
DB - Daryl Barnett - Scott
DB - Carter Schaller - AW
DB - Luke Weihrauch - Findlay

K/P - Tyson Rodriguez - Wauseon

Dempsey COY. What is his secret? lol

Montgomery POY.

The Blade must not sell many papers West of the city because Liberty Center got shafted a bit. The Tiger's have the area's top defense and had zero representation. Bockelman did get 1st team OL but he deserved DL more IMO.

As an aside, on my way to the local park for my old man exercise, driving by the local grade school, I witnessed not one but two family/friend Turkey Bowl pick-up games. All is well in America.

Last edited: