2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
Taking a Toledo perspective, let's see what we got and where?
Central Catholic - Mansfield Sr (Have they played before?) ( Clyde)
Anthony Wayne - Medina Highland (Sandusky )
Tiffin Columbian - Medina Buckeye (Bellevue)
Perkins headin east out of range.
Liberty Center - Oak Harbor ( Clay!!)
Ottawa Hills - Bluffton (Napoleon)

Last edited:
This is what happened, it was two bad snaps in a row. The official waved off the flag after the first snap - maybe it was so awkward that they thought someone moved early - and then the Central players didn't realize the clock was supposed to start again right away, rushed the next snap and lost a fumble with 1.2 seconds left. I don't think the officials blew
Why’d the refs admit to it after?

Why’d the refs admit to it after?
The only time I've heard that is from you, so you'll have to link a source. With 10.8 seconds left the Central QB was tackled at the 1 yard line. An offensive lineman fell backwards onto the QB while he struggled to handle the snap in an attempt to quickly spike the ball to stop the clock, and the play was ruled down. The clock stopped with 9 seconds left, and shouldn't have - since a spike never occurred - so maybe that's what the blown call was, that you are talking about. An official threw an inadvertent flag, then picked it up - it's not rare for that to happen - and the clock was eventually restarted with 9 seconds left, to what appeared to be Central's surprise. They ran to the line of scrimmage, fumbled the snap again, and Defiance recovered with 1.6 seconds left.

Taking a Toledo perspective, let's see what we got and where?
Central Catholic - Mansfield Sr (Have they played before?) ( Clyde)
Anthony Wayne - Medina Highland (Sandusky )
Tiffin Columbian - Medina Buckeye (Bellevue)
Perkins headin east out of range.
Liberty Center - Oak Harbor ( Clay!!)
Ottawa Hills - Bluffton (Napoleon)
Central has played Madison 2x, Big Lex, and Ashland from the Ohio Cardinal Conference during Postseason, but this will be meeting #1 with TYgers

The only time I've heard that is from you, so you'll have to link a source. With 10.8 seconds left the Central QB was tackled at the 1 yard line. An offensive lineman fell backwards onto the QB while he struggled to handle the snap in an attempt to quickly spike the ball to stop the clock, and the play was ruled down. The clock stopped with 9 seconds left, and shouldn't have - since a spike never occurred - so maybe that's what the blown call was, that you are talking about. An official threw an inadvertent flag, then picked it up - it's not rare for that to happen - and the clock was eventually restarted with 9 seconds left, to what appeared to be Central's surprise. They ran to the line of scrimmage, fumbled the snap again, and Defiance recovered with 1.6 seconds left.
I know what was told to the CCHS sideline, but you believe what you choose.

On to the next one.

Nobody left on this thread? CCHS looking a little human and Mansfield will have some athletes. If they're disciplined,...

Anyone being recruited from the Tygers?

If you decide you want to see Anthony Wayne vs Highland you can always eat at Berardi’s and make the quick hike to Cedar Point Stadium (or Strobel Field to us oldtimers).
I treat them as adventures whereever I go. Depends how the car is running. My problem isn't with Clyde. It's Woodville. I always enjoy visits to Sandusky. Central put up that stupid tent that blocks a third of the game if it's on visitor side. Who has home for AW-Highland?

I treat them as adventures whereever I go. Depends how the car is running. My problem isn't with Clyde. It's Woodville. I always enjoy visits to Sandusky. Central put up that stupid tent that blocks a third of the game if it's on visitor side. Who has home for AW-Highland?
AW is the home team.

I'll go with Grigsby's and I'll take AW by 2 in the other game. Medina having the ball last.
Ever wonder if they have contest to determine a median maiden in Medina? Like every year, they just pick one or something?

Last edited:
Tent free playoffs so far.

NWO Playoffs Sweet 16 Picks
Sorry for the lack of posting lol, trying to fend off the seasonal burnout. We do have some awesome matchups coming up this Friday. I think AW is going to do NWO proud (knock on wood), Wapak shocks the D3 world, and Ottawa Hills continues their Cinderella run in Brandon Carter's first year. All the while, two NWO R18 powers in Oak Harbor and Liberty Center collide head-on in what will surely be an instant classic (and BCSN still won't run the broadcast...).

Division 2, Region 6
■ 3 Medina Highland vs. 2 Anthony Wayne [x] - at Cedar Point Field, Sandusky

Division 3, Region 10
■ 7 Medina Buckeye vs. 3 Tiffin Columbian [x] - at First National Bank Field, Bellevue
■ 4 Mansfield Senior vs. No. 1 Central Catholic [x] - at Bishop Stadium, Clyde

Division 3, Region 12
■ 5 Wapakoneta [x] vs. 1 Badin - at Harmon Field, Greenville
■ 6 Celina vs. 2 Tipp City [x] - at Sidney Memorial Stadium, Sidney

Division 4, Region 14
■ 4 West Holmes vs. 1 Sandusky Perkins [x] - at Harding Stadium, Marion

Division 5, Region 18
■ 4 Oak Harbor vs. 1 Liberty Center [x] - at Clay Memorial Stadium, Oregon
■ 6 Coldwater [x] vs. 2 Edison - at Donnell Stadium, Findlay

Division 6, Region 22
■ 6 Ottawa Hills [x] vs. 2 Bluffton - at Buckenmeyer Stadium, Napoleon

Division 7, Region 26
■ 5 Patrick Henry vs. 1 Hopewell-Loudon [x] - at Bobcat Stadium, Bowling Green
■ 7 Lima Central Catholic at 6 McComb [x] - at Goodwin Field, Harrod

Anyone being recruited from the Tygers?
Elias Owens is a 6'5, 215 edge rusher for the Tygers who holds offers from Pitt, Minnesota, Ohio, BG, EMU, and Ball State. Other than that, they have a handful of other D2 guys at their skill positions.

I think Mansfield is going to give TCC a game. The Fighting Irish played a sloppy and terrible game while Defiance put up a truly valiant effort last week. I feel a repeat of that performance could end up with us getting "Clyde'd," nearly ten years later.

Elias Owens is a 6'5, 215 edge rusher for the Tygers who holds offers from Pitt, Minnesota, Ohio, BG, EMU, and Ball State. Other than that, they have a handful of other D2 guys at their skill positions.

I think Mansfield is going to give TCC a game. The Fighting Irish played a sloppy and terrible game while Defiance put up a truly valiant effort last week. I feel a repeat of that performance could end up with us getting "Clyde'd," nearly ten years later.

No disrespect to Clyde but Mansfield has far superior athletes than what was on that Clyde team. It literally was a bunch of “no name Joe’s” who pulled off a miracle. At this point in the playoffs I think all teams left are worthy of being there.