2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Not keen on Jimmy G. Not sure what he would do for this team. He'll be 31. Highly erratic. And I don't think a string of more 9 win seasons/ early 20s overall picks is going to help put the team in a position to win championships

Here is the problem/concern with Jimmy G. He has 1 year left on his deal for $27 mil. It will take at least a 2nd rd pick, possibly a 1st to get him and the no what, are you A) going to play him with the one year left on his deal with him being able to leave as a free agent in 2023? B) sign him to a new deal and be married to him for X amount of $$$ and years

A is the only option but you could be right back in the same spot next off-season. In the end, Jimmy G is ok but did you really think SF had a chance on that last drive? I would rather have had 39 year old Roethlisberger as my qb in that situation.

are you saying the lawsuits are going away?
or that there's no chance they're even going to entertain the idea of trading for Watson?

as i said, the talent is there and obviously, if he didn't have those hanging over his head he would be the hottest commodity if Houston was willing to trade him or he wanted out.
Don’t know about the lawsuits but as long as there is a chance of controversy the Steelers won’t touch him IMO.

Pitt qb Kenny Pickett has looked good at the Senior Bowl practices, the game will be played this Saturday. There have been some people stating that Pickett could be the qb for the Steelers but he will most likely not be there when they draft 20th.

In the 2019 draft, Pittsburgh traded with Denver for their 1st rd selection (10th) for the Steelers 1st and 2nd rd selections (20th and 52nd) as well as their 3rd rd selection in 2020.

Teams drafting ahead of Pittsburgh who need a qb and are rumored to possibly be looking at drafting one in the 1st rd: Carolina at 6th, Denver at 9th, Washington at 11th, Minnesota at 12th and New Orleans at 28th

Currently the NY Jets gave the 10th pick, they also have the 4th pick as well. If the Panthers pass on Pickett at 6th and if the Broncos make a play for Rodgers, I assume GB will have the 9th pick and most likely not looking at a rookie qb. I think there would be an opportunity for Pittsburgh to move up to 10th to get Pickett. Again, it all comes down to ‘do the Steelers think Pickett is the guy’. I saw parts of 2 games with Pitt & Pickett. He’s ok/good but I don’t know if great comes to mind. Best thing I can say about him is he has 40+ starts under his belt and he succeeded his Sr year, carrying the team on his back. He wasn’t playing with many guys who will be playing in Sunday’s like a qb at a Alabama or Ohio State. If the Steelers think his they guy then I’m fine with it.

Pitt qb Kenny Pickett has looked good at the Senior Bowl practices, the game will be played this Saturday. There have been some people stating that Pickett could be the qb for the Steelers but he will most likely not be there when they draft 20th.

In the 2019 draft, Pittsburgh traded with Denver for their 1st rd selection (10th) for the Steelers 1st and 2nd rd selections (20th and 52nd) as well as their 3rd rd selection in 2020.

Teams drafting ahead of Pittsburgh who need a qb and are rumored to possibly be looking at drafting one in the 1st rd: Carolina at 6th, Denver at 9th, Washington at 11th, Minnesota at 12th and New Orleans at 28th

Currently the NY Jets gave the 10th pick, they also have the 4th pick as well. If the Panthers pass on Pickett at 6th and if the Broncos make a play for Rodgers, I assume GB will have the 9th pick and most likely not looking at a rookie qb. I think there would be an opportunity for Pittsburgh to move up to 10th to get Pickett. Again, it all comes down to ‘do the Steelers think Pickett is the guy’. I saw parts of 2 games with Pitt & Pickett. He’s ok/good but I don’t know if great comes to mind. Best thing I can say about him is he has 40+ starts under his belt and he succeeded his Sr year, carrying the team on his back. He wasn’t playing with many guys who will be playing in Sunday’s like a qb at a Alabama or Ohio State. If the Steelers think his they guy then I’m fine with it.
I’m starting to warm up to the idea a bit but I hate trading picks to move up. The Steelers need as many quality picks as they can get.

Rumors are heavy on the Steelers liking Malik Willis from Liberty. I don't know how much I'd look into it. Given how early in the game it is, it could very well be draft misdirection.

As for Pickett, he's has looked decent but there's an obvious gap between he and Strong.

Good news on Strong is he's no longer using a brace and his knee is good.

Desmond Ridder on the other land looks meh at best.

My concern with Liberty's Malik Willis is, was he good at Liberty because he was simply a better athlete than the competition or because he was a really good qb? When Liberty played Ole Miss, he struggled. However, Buf Josh Allen struggled his final year at Wyoming when they went to Iowa and I recall Roethlisberger at Miami, OH struggling when they went to Iowa as well, it was their only loss of the year.

Strong simply can't move, no way around it. Don't see Strong going in the 1st because of his lack of mobility, perhaps in the 2nd round if he's the guy the Steelers like. However, your favorite coach Mike Tomlin said they would value someone who can extend plays which would also help with the offensive line. A rookie qb who can't move and isn't able to process the game as quickly as Roethlisberger (safe assumption, I wouldn't expect Strong to be better than a HOF in his first season) - that leads me to believe Strong would take far more sacks than what Roethlisberger did this year.

Just doing the eye test - today's young qb's with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Murray or the established qb's with Wilson, Stafford, Prescott, Rodgers.......Strong would be dead last in extending plays compared to any of these guys. The only guys whose game Strong would look similar to is Matt Ryan, Mac Jones, maybe Jimmy G and Kurt Cousins. Like you said, it's still early.

People concerned about mobility are fad-chasing. The two QBs in the Super Bowl are 4.8 runners. 3/4 of the QBs in the conference championship games are "non-mobile".

Mobility is an extra, not a necessity. If a QB can move around the pocket and deliver under pressure, he's fine, which Strong is able to do.

Strong showed the same ease of understanding the game as Mac Jones did in college. This has nothing to do with the level of play, but how well he processes what's happening on the field and how easily he runs the offense. When a QB in D1 football makes things look easy and operates quickly, he's got the brains to be a very good pro.

I'd be glad people are overlooking Strong if I wasn't convinced the Steelers are now fad-chasing.

Crusaders - Burrow and Stafford "non-mobile"? Common, what games have you been watching? Yes, Jimmy G isn't a mobile qb but SF didn't make the NFC Championship game because of him, he was more along for the ride. Brady is obviously not mobile but extremely efficient at moving within the pocket and the GOAT so lets not use him as a comp for Strong. How many guys in the NFL have a similar game to Strong's? Matt Ryan, Nick Foles, Jared Goff, Davis Mills.......I don't know but the trend on these guys is "we need a qb". NE's Mac Jones, possibly but NE had a solid o-line, a running game, Bill as their coach and yet they beat only 2 playoff teams this year: Buffalo in wk 13 throwing only 3 passes and Tennessee in wk 12. FYI: The Steelers beat 2 playoff teams as well, Buffalo in wk 1 and Tennessee in WK 15.

You would think in 32 college games one would at least have a qb sneak for a td. I'm guessing Nevada ran their offense strictly out of the gun so that's not on Strong but if you have a hard time avoiding a Mountain West defensive caliber athlete..... I actually like Strong but the more Crusaders pushes for him, the more concern I have. If only Duck Hodges hadn't signed a 3 year deal with the CFL's Ottawa Redblack last year.

College Rushing Stats:
Matthew Stafford
* 39 games, 141 rushing attempts, 213 yards, 1.50 average, 6 td's
Joe Burrow
* 38 games, 258 rushing attempts, 820 yards, 3.20 average, 13 td's
Carson Strong
* 32 games, 139 rushing attempts, -305 yards, -2.20 average, 0 td's

College Passing Stats:
Matthew Stafford
* 39 games, 564-987, 57.10% com, 7,731 yards, 7.8 yards per attempt, 51 td's, 33 int's, 133.3 rating
Joe Burrow
* 38 games, 650-945, 68.0% comp, 8,852 yards, 9.4 yards per attempt, 78 td's, 11 int's, 172.4 rating
Carson Strong
* 32 games, 853-1,252, 68.10% comp, 9,379 yards, 7.5 yards per attempt, 74 td's, 19 int's, 147.5 rating

People concerned about mobility are fad-chasing. The two QBs in the Super Bowl are 4.8 runners. 3/4 of the QBs in the conference championship games are "non-mobile".

Mobility is an extra, not a necessity. If a QB can move around the pocket and deliver under pressure, he's fine, which Strong is able to do.

Strong showed the same ease of understanding the game as Mac Jones did in college. This has nothing to do with the level of play, but how well he processes what's happening on the field and how easily he runs the offense. When a QB in D1 football makes things look easy and operates quickly, he's got the brains to be a very good pro.

I'd be glad people are overlooking Strong if I wasn't convinced the Steelers are now fad-chasing.
Mobility definition has changed over the years. Back on the day it was just someone who could get around the pocket and throw. Hell...BR was mobile. Now it's considered guys who can get you 20 on a run.

Last few years we saw a QB who couldn't move so no matter whom the get....it's more mobility.

Crusaders - Burrow and Stafford "non-mobile"? Common, what games have you been watching? Yes, Jimmy G isn't a mobile qb but SF didn't make the NFC Championship game because of him, he was more along for the ride. Brady is obviously not mobile but extremely efficient at moving within the pocket and the GOAT so lets not use him as a comp for Strong. How many guys in the NFL have a similar game to Strong's? Matt Ryan, Nick Foles, Jared Goff, Davis Mills.......I don't know but the trend on these guys is "we need a qb". NE's Mac Jones, possibly but NE had a solid o-line, a running game, Bill as their coach and yet they beat only 2 playoff teams this year: Buffalo in wk 13 throwing only 3 passes and Tennessee in wk 12. FYI: The Steelers beat 2 playoff teams as well, Buffalo in wk 1 and Tennessee in WK 15.

You would think in 32 college games one would at least have a qb sneak for a td. I'm guessing Nevada ran their offense strictly out of the gun so that's not on Strong but if you have a hard time avoiding a Mountain West defensive caliber athlete..... I actually like Strong but the more Crusaders pushes for him, the more concern I have. If only Duck Hodges hadn't signed a 3 year deal with the CFL's Ottawa Redblack last year.

College Rushing Stats:
Matthew Stafford
* 39 games, 141 rushing attempts, 213 yards, 1.50 average, 6 td's
Joe Burrow
* 38 games, 258 rushing attempts, 820 yards, 3.20 average, 13 td's
Carson Strong
* 32 games, 139 rushing attempts, -305 yards, -2.20 average, 0 td's

College Passing Stats:
Matthew Stafford
* 39 games, 564-987, 57.10% com, 7,731 yards, 7.8 yards per attempt, 51 td's, 33 int's, 133.3 rating
Joe Burrow
* 38 games, 650-945, 68.0% comp, 8,852 yards, 9.4 yards per attempt, 78 td's, 11 int's, 172.4 rating
Carson Strong
* 32 games, 853-1,252, 68.10% comp, 9,379 yards, 7.5 yards per attempt, 74 td's, 19 int's, 147.5 rating

Stafford has a whole 1200 yards in 13 years in the league. Burrow had a whole 120 yards this season. Trying to claim they're some type of mobile QB is straight r-tardation.

I don't think you understand what "mobility" actual is. If you want to discount pocket presence, well, that's also straight r-tardation. "Extending the play" isn't just running all around the backfield. Sliding around the pocket is more efficient for the passing game as it keeps the QBs eyes downfield and feet in a better position to throw.

Scrambling QBs aren't new. This current narrative that mobility at the QB position is some kind of new thing is sports media talking head dumbazsery of the highest level. As in the past, the QBs who can read a defense, get rid of the ball quickly, and efficiently move about the pocket are the most successful.

Stafford has a whole 1200 yards in 13 years in the league. Burrow had a whole 120 yards this season. Trying to claim they're some type of mobile QB is straight r-tardation.

I don't think you understand what "mobility" actual is. If you want to discount pocket presence, well, that's also straight r-tardation. "Extending the play" isn't just running all around the backfield. Sliding around the pocket is more efficient for the passing game as it keeps the QBs eyes downfield and feet in a better position to throw.

Scrambling QBs aren't new. This current narrative that mobility at the QB position is some kind of new thing is sports media talking head dumbazsery of the highest level. As in the past, the QBs who can read a defense, get rid of the ball quickly, and efficiently move about the pocket are the most successful.

using this word TWICE in a post should basically discredit any post you've ever written. it's just wrong in so many ways.

having a MOBILE quarterback doesn't mean he's a "running" quarterback (Lamar, Allen, etc). being MOBILE just means you have someone who can avoid pressure, move around, extend a play, if their first 2/3 reads aren't there. Big Ben was a MOBILE QB for 3/4 of his career.

just because Stafford and Burrow aren't considered "runners" doesn't mean they aren't "mobile". Burrow showed it plenty in the win vs the Chiefs as he didn't get sacked ONCE.

I was able to catch most of the Senior Bowl this weekend to watch the 6 qb’s Pit Pickett, Liberty Willis, UNC Howell, UC Ridder, Nevada Strong & WKU Zappe:

* Pickett looked poised & solid, was 6 for 6 passing. He took a sack and threw a low ball that was completed for a big gain thanks to a nice play by the wr from North Dakota St. Looked comfortable under center. Just got engaged, seemed mature in the sideline interview

* Willis only threw a couple of passes but ran for 40+ yards. A smaller but faster Cam Newton but his throwing motion looked smother than Cam’s. Seem like a good, smart kid in sideline interview

* Strong threw a pic and fumbled a snap under center. Did a throw on a designed rollout but it was incomplete. Maybe it was me but looked like he had a slight limp. Made a nice pass about 30 yards downfield. Had his wr & te from Nevada on his team as well in this game

* Howell looked good. Had a solid passing game and showed nice movement having a read option run for a td. Is a stocky guy & has a neck beard but again, he played well.

* Ridder - I missed a couple of his series but he had good stats. What I did see he moved well and avoided a sac and was accurate.

* Zappe showed he has some skills and a nice touch but didn’t look like he had a strong arm. He looked like the jv kid who was forced into action on Friday night and you go away thinking “He’s got some talent, showed some skills. Can’t wait to see how he develops….” He looks like a slightly better Duck Hodges

I think Pickett & Willis (Lions coaching staff really liked him) will be gone by the time the Steelers pick at 20. Howell may be someone to keep an eye on, I believe the Steelers Colbert went to a couple of his games this year.

using this word TWICE in a post should basically discredit any post you've ever written. it's just wrong in so many ways.

having a MOBILE quarterback doesn't mean he's a "running" quarterback (Lamar, Allen, etc). being MOBILE just means you have someone who can avoid pressure, move around, extend a play, if their first 2/3 reads aren't there. Big Ben was a MOBILE QB for 3/4 of his career.

just because Stafford and Burrow aren't considered "runners" doesn't mean they aren't "mobile". Burrow showed it plenty in the win vs the Chiefs as he didn't get sacked ONCE.

The word is accurate. I’m sorry you feel attacked.

If Burrow and Stafford are considered mobile, then so is a QB like Carson Strong. That was the entire point. However, the going mainstream narrative right now is “mobile” means Kyler Murray, Hurts, Tua, Allen, etc. and that this is the new criteria for elite QBing. It’s not. It’s not even a new thing. Yet people fall for it

Crusaders - The word you used isn't accurate, it's classless. A lot of people have kids who have autism, mental health problems or physical disadvantages - call me out as a jerk, idiot, whatever you want but there is no need to use the word you did.

Tua is no where close to being considered a "mobile" QB in the likes of Murray, Hurts or Allen. Carson Strong is no where close to being as "mobile" as Burrow or Stafford. Again, Strong showed some skills, had a nice week of practice at the Senior Bowl and he was not wearing a knee brace; I believe he wore it every game this year. But the knee injury was from high school and he's 3 years removed from it. Maybe Strong had some additional injury(s) at Nevada or some clean up surgeries, I do not know. Again, I could have sworn Strong was limping a bit after his 1st series. Maybe it's just the way Strong walks out on the field. I'm 100% sure he will have the knee thoroughly examined by 15+ NFL Team Doctors because there are about 20 teams that simply do not have the answer at QB and unfortunately the Steelers are on one of those 20.

The word is accurate. I’m sorry you feel attacked.

If Burrow and Stafford are considered mobile, then so is a QB like Carson Strong. That was the entire point. However, the going mainstream narrative right now is “mobile” means Kyler Murray, Hurts, Tua, Allen, etc. and that this is the new criteria for elite QBing. It’s not. It’s not even a new thing. Yet people fall for it

the word is NOT accurate and has no place on here to describe anyone's takes on anything. i don't feel attacked at all. it's just the truth.

be better than that.

Crusaders - The word you used isn't accurate, it's classless. A lot of people have kids who have autism, mental health problems or physical disadvantages - call me out as a jerk, idiot, whatever you want but there is no need to use the word you did.

Tua is no where close to being considered a "mobile" QB in the likes of Murray, Hurts or Allen. Carson Strong is no where close to being as "mobile" as Burrow or Stafford. Again, Strong showed some skills, had a nice week of practice at the Senior Bowl and he was not wearing a knee brace; I believe he wore it every game this year. But the knee injury was from high school and he's 3 years removed from it. Maybe Strong had some additional injury(s) at Nevada or some clean up surgeries, I do not know. Again, I could have sworn Strong was limping a bit after his 1st series. Maybe it's just the way Strong walks out on the field. I'm 100% sure he will have the knee thoroughly examined by 15+ NFL Team Doctors because there are about 20 teams that simply do not have the answer at QB and unfortunately the Steelers are on one of those 20.

The word is accurate as it both accurately describes stupid ideas and the inane comments about Hodges. It's not my problem you associate the word with children with learning disabilities.

Strong had surgery on the knee last February, and wore the knee brace this past year so he could play. It wasn't fully healed, yet he played through it. That's grit and I would like that in my QB.

Tua has the ability to be as mobile as the rest, yet mostly chooses not to. It is what it is

As far as mobility, Strong is just as "mobile" as Stafford and Burrow. You just have to watch him move around to know he's capable. However I think because he's good at reading defenses and running his offense, he gets rid of the ball fast enough to not need to rely on moving around a lot. That isn't a problem.

If the Steelers are set on getting a "mobile" mobile QB, Pickett will probably be gone by 20th and Willis isn't worth a 1st rounder. At this point, if they really want that type of QB, they should be moving on from Rudolph (and probably Haskins). Maybe look at Tyrod Taylor at a veteran short term fix. Maybe Willis will be there in the 2nd and he can learn behind Taylor for a little bit

Apparently Watt had another appeal, denied, about that would be sack that would have tied the record.

I dont really have an issue with it. When it first happened I was skepticle if it should be considered a sack in the first place.

However, you have to look at precedence. If a snap is way over a QBs head, he goes and falls on it and gets touched down. Do they consider that a sack? I can see why Watt would want this sack, obviously. There were no backs in the backfield, so this very likely was going to be a pass in the first place.

With there being 17 games many of these records dont mean much to me if they happen in the last extra game anyways, but just thought it was interesting.

As for us getting a mobile QB. Any QB we get is much more mobile than BR. Even the "pocket passer" of today would be considered a mobile guy 20-25 years ago.

As long as a QB can evade the rush, move in the pocket, occassionally use his legs to get a first down like ya saw Burrow do in the playoffs, then I am ok with it. I dont necessarily think we need a running QB like Murray, etc. The jury is still out if you ask me on the longevitiy of those guys.

Murry has been hurt, that Ravens QB has been hurt, we will see how long Josh Allen can but a RB like he did in the playoffs....are teams OK with a guy who very early in his career acts almost like a RB but only to get beat up often enough that by his 4-5 year he is too broke to be able to do it anymore...?

Apparently Watt had another appeal, denied, about that would be sack that would have tied the record.

I dont really have an issue with it. When it first happened I was skepticle if it should be considered a sack in the first place.

However, you have to look at precedence. If a snap is way over a QBs head, he goes and falls on it and gets touched down. Do they consider that a sack? I can see why Watt would want this sack, obviously. There were no backs in the backfield, so this very likely was going to be a pass in the first place.

With there being 17 games many of these records dont mean much to me if they happen in the last extra game anyways, but just thought it was interesting.

As for us getting a mobile QB. Any QB we get is much more mobile than BR. Even the "pocket passer" of today would be considered a mobile guy 20-25 years ago.

As long as a QB can evade the rush, move in the pocket, occassionally use his legs to get a first down like ya saw Burrow do in the playoffs, then I am ok with it. I dont necessarily think we need a running QB like Murray, etc. The jury is still out if you ask me on the longevitiy of those guys.

Murry has been hurt, that Ravens QB has been hurt, we will see how long Josh Allen can but a RB like he did in the playoffs....are teams OK with a guy who very early in his career acts almost like a RB but only to get beat up often enough that by his 4-5 year he is too broke to be able to do it anymore...?

the only thing i'll say in regards to the Watt sack/non-sack was that his "sack" was WAY CLOSER to the actual definition of a sack than Strahan's record breaker vs Favre which was simply a curl-up/lay down on the ground gift to GIVE him the record.

the only thing i'll say in regards to the Watt sack/non-sack was that his "sack" was WAY CLOSER to the actual definition of a sack than Strahan's record breaker vs Favre which was simply a curl-up/lay down on the ground gift to GIVE him the record.
True, that was a joke of play. However, it was obviously considered a pass play even if it was a sham. This one was a bad snap, no semblance of even looking to throw as there was no chance.
I just wonder about like-plays, precedence set. Do they reward sacks for one that flies over the head and the QB just falls on it? IF so....this should be a sack.

The NFL awards 2 3rd draft picks to a team who has a minority get hired/promoted to a Head coach or GM position by another NFL team - the Browns will get an additional 3rd this year and next due to the Vikings hiring their minority GM who was with the Browns. My question is would the Steelers get the 2 3rd picks if they promote one of the two minority candidates they have in-house up to the GM position? If anyone knows the answer, please post it.

I believe Riddick played his college ball at Pitt. He seems competent on the radio and NFL Live tv show but I’m not a big fan of his on MNF broadcast.

I was able to catch most of the Senior Bowl this weekend to watch the 6 qb’s Pit Pickett, Liberty Willis, UNC Howell, UC Ridder, Nevada Strong & WKU Zappe:

* Pickett looked poised & solid, was 6 for 6 passing. He took a sack and threw a low ball that was completed for a big gain thanks to a nice play by the wr from North Dakota St. Looked comfortable under center. Just got engaged, seemed mature in the sideline interview

* Willis only threw a couple of passes but ran for 40+ yards. A smaller but faster Cam Newton but his throwing motion looked smother than Cam’s. Seem like a good, smart kid in sideline interview

* Strong threw a pic and fumbled a snap under center. Did a throw on a designed rollout but it was incomplete. Maybe it was me but looked like he had a slight limp. Made a nice pass about 30 yards downfield. Had his wr & te from Nevada on his team as well in this game

* Howell looked good. Had a solid passing game and showed nice movement having a read option run for a td. Is a stocky guy & has a neck beard but again, he played well.

* Ridder - I missed a couple of his series but he had good stats. What I did see he moved well and avoided a sac and was accurate.

* Zappe showed he has some skills and a nice touch but didn’t look like he had a strong arm. He looked like the jv kid who was forced into action on Friday night and you go away thinking “He’s got some talent, showed some skills. Can’t wait to see how he develops….” He looks like a slightly better Duck Hodges

I think Pickett & Willis (Lions coaching staff really liked him) will be gone by the time the Steelers pick at 20. Howell may be someone to keep an eye on, I believe the Steelers Colbert went to a couple of his games this year.
I’ve always thought neck beards were important traits for NFL QBs

It appears the Colts are going to go another direction at the qb position and try to trade Carson Wentz or release him by March 18. Per the report “the reason March 18 is significant is that Wentz’s contract calls for his full $22 million base salary to be guaranteed, and for him to receive a $6.29 million roster bonus, if he’s still on the roster on March 18. If Wentz is released before then, the Colts are still on the hook for $15 million of his base salary, but they’d be off the hook for the other $13.29 million”. Thus the Colts would oekrefer to trade him to a team willing to take on all or some of Wentz’s contract.

Teams who probably are looking at a qb who draft ahead of the Steelers in the 1st round are:
6th - Carolina
9th - Denver
11th - Washington
16th - Colts
18th - Saints

Teams possibly looking at a qb:
2nd - Lions
5th - Giants
12th - Minnesota
15th - Dolphins

A lot will happen between now and the draft with veteran QBs. Jimmy G, Wilson, Rodgers, Carr, Watson, Wentz, etc. could all have new homes

I will start paying attention on draft day, and again when training camp starts.

Anything ya read or hear is just pure speculation and, like mock drafts, worthless to pay attention to.

Pat Meyer is the new OL coach. Coached the worst OL in football last year in Carolina.

Another lacky hire for Tomlin and the downward spiral continues

Last edited:
Pay Meyer is the new OL coach. Coached the worst OL in football last year in Carolina.

Another lacky hire for Tomlin and the downward spiral continues
I’m surprised there is an OL worse then the Steelers. I guess they were average at best in pass protection but had to be last in getting any push up front in the run game.

The main reason the Panthers offense was so bad was their OL play. Couldn't make running room, didn't give the QB any time to throw. They tried to remedy it with a "mobile QB" by moving to Cam Newton and it didn't help anything