2022 Ohio State Tournament Predictions Report is here

Evidently he was injured at districts and toughed it out, but couldn't go this weekend. It's talked about in the alternates thread on here.
Absolutely not a knock on Jett because I don't know the whole story, but being hurt all week and being so iffy it would have been interesting to see how the 5th place Blackburn could have done. Especially since 126 at Hoover was without doubt the toughest weight class, and probably the toughest weight class at State. I know he only lost to Jett by 1 in the semis and beat Frye to wrestle for 5th.

Absolutely not a knock on Jett because I don't know the whole story, but being hurt all week and being so iffy it would have been interesting to see how the 5th place Blackburn could have done. Especially since 126 at Hoover was without doubt the toughest weight class, and probably the toughest weight class at State. I know he only lost to Jett by 1 in the semis and beat Frye to wrestle for 5th.

My comment was about the HD 165 that was asked about. Nothing to do with Jett.

Yeah, we have two defaults being discussed. I thought I was responding to Wrestlingfan21.

As far as Jett goes, he started the match against Cerny and looked like he got injured during the match. No idea if he was dealing with anything going into the match, but he was wrestling in the Schott.

120 was pretty tough at Hoover, and at state also. But I agree, 126 is stacked

I've been studying the pre-sectional rankings the past couple of days from this last season. Top 16 specifically. 42 maximum results can occur for each placement, since there's 3 divisions. Here are some stats of these rankings/results.

1) Placement
2) # of Top 16's
3) Average Ranking

1st - 42 - 1.88
2nd - 42 - 3.67
3rd - 42 - 3.86
4th - 42 - 6.43
5th - 41 - 6.20
6th - 41 - 7.66
7th - 39 - 8.59
8th - 30 - 8.80

All 1st thru 4th placements had a top 16 individual.

An invitational could be created from a Top 16-type of rankings similar to these.

This event should include many individuals who have aspirations of participating collegiately, while lessening the number of matches that are required to advance through the current OHSAA format for what would be similar results.

How many OH HS natives are there?