2022 GMC Predictions

YardBall

Oak Hills loses a strong senior class, big arms at Lakota East and Mason, West coach looking to get over the hump and win his first conf title.

Who you got in the top 3 down the stretch and who wins it?

1) Mason- Reloads every year. Returning basically all their arms. Loses Max Johnson and Ben Stuart, but so much offense returning. Should roll and make another run up north when it's all said and done.
2) East- Returns Whiteaker, Villarreal and French on the bump. These arm's alone may help give Mason a run for their money. Have a lot of offensive returning as well, but the arms will be their strength.
3) West- Huge graduation class last year, but it's West and have a lot of talent year in and year out. Will win some games they are not supposed to win and lose some games they shouldn't lose. In the end Gschwind will have them playing well.
4) Fairfield- Kayden Campbell on the bump will be very good. Very good young group that will have to step up on the varsity level. Skill will definitely be there, but will experience?
5) Colerain- Top arm is returning from last year and getting back junior pitcher who missed year with injury. Returning a lot of guys on the infield. Struggled throwing strikes and making plays last year. If they can get that cleaned up they could win a few.
6) Hamilton- Graduated almost all their arms and offense except for Moak. Moak is very good defensively and also offensively. Will there be enough around him? Always have dudes in the system that can play.
7) Oak Hills- Graduated everyone, but Richmond and Schaefer. Both are good, but no arms with any varsity experience will be returning. Will teams let these two beat them? Guys around them need to grow up fast. Greg Luerck is a great coach, so it won't take long to get them where they need to be.
8) Middletown- Very skilled group. Not deep. Flies around and makes plays. Kirby and Calhoun absolutely get the job done. If they stay healthy they can finish way higher than this prediction. Fun team last year that made huge strides in the right direction.
9) Sycamore- Graduated their two best players in Barnes and Heist. Injury bug hurt them last year. Again, will not be deep and needs to stay healthy. Will be scrappy and find ways to scratch runs across.
10) Princeton- Edrington is a dude. Problem is he has to play shortstop and pitch. He will get the job done, but will he be refreshed enough to throw off the mound to his potential. They will need to score runs for him.

Overall the league graduated ALOT last year except for Mason and East. Literally 3-7 in this list can be flipped or go any which way. It will be interested seeing teams beat up on each other due to the lack of experience. Mason and East will make a deep run in the tourney unless they get shocked by someone. They should be a two team run away race for the league title as well.

West is going to struggle. There is a huge drop off in talent after last year's graduation and I have yet to see a program of development. I hope they are able to stay around .500. I know that the last two years are hard to judge a program (Captain Obvious here), but unless some philosophies change, West is going to struggle moving forward.

West is going to struggle. There is a huge drop off in talent after last year's graduation and I have yet to see a program of development. I hope they are able to stay around .500. I know that the last two years are hard to judge a program (Captain Obvious here), but unless some philosophies change, West is going to struggle moving forward.
Fairfield #3. Sophomore class has a lot of talent, 2 lefties that make the jump. Lakota West lost way too much to be 3.

After the first week and a half of play, here is how we stand in the GMC: Still super early!!!!!!
Oak Hills
Mason
Lakota East

Following three teams have a 2-2 record:
Middletown
Hamilton
Colerain

Probably not surprised by the top three, but good to see Middletown and Colerain at the top/middle.

Got to give West credit for getting their act together. I would not have thought this possible after the first four weeks of games, but West may end up at .500 or even a little better. Good for them.

You will really enjoy one of the lefty sophomores he is the real deal
Tooting my own horn…PBR just ranked him #11 for 2024 from unranked. Not my kid. Just remember if your kid isn’t ranked it might because PBR doesn’t know about him. Certain teams get more looks based on reputation(Flames, Midland, Bo Jackson)

Tooting my own horn…PBR just ranked him #11 for 2024 from unranked. Not my kid. Just remember if your kid isn’t ranked it might because PBR doesn’t know about him. Certain teams get more looks based on reputation(Flames, Midland, Bo Jackson)
Get ready for Fairfield @ East Tuesday 5-24. Fairfield and East both have top 3 pitchers to make a deep run this yr. Gonna be a matter of who has timely hits and plays defense well that wins this game. East offense better than Fairfield's, but whichever pitcher is more on this day could be the decider. You will see West in the top 3-4 of the GMC for the next 3 years. Their 25' class might be the best in the GMC.

Get ready for Fairfield @ East Tuesday 5-24. Fairfield and East both have top 3 pitchers to make a deep run this yr. Gonna be a matter of who has timely hits and plays defense well that wins this game. East offense better than Fairfield's, but whichever pitcher is more on this day could be the decider. You will see West in the top 3-4 of the GMC for the next 3 years. Their 25' class might be the best in the GMC.
When was the last time a lakota west team finished at 9-18 or similar?

When was the last time a lakota west team finished at 9-18 or similar?
According to their athletic website, it looks like they have never previously finished under .500. They were 13-13 in 1998 and 14-14 in 2010. This looks to be only the 6th time they finished under .500 in league play. The last time being in 2013 (8-10).

According to their athletic website, it looks like they have never previously finished under .500. They were 13-13 in 1998 and 14-14 in 2010. This looks to be only the 6th time they finished under .500 in league play. The last time being in 2013 (8-10).
No talent or otherwise

Fairfield @ East Tuesday as predicted. Can English for Fairfield pitch again on Tuesday after his CG vs X on Thursday? I'm guessing playoff pitching limits are the same as regular season? He had a no no going against East into the 5th inning last game before getting the L. Fairfield is a few hitters away from being very good the next 2 years. Fairfield has not faced Villarreal this yr, not many have figured him out. Fairfield needs to press the running game in order to generate runs, but hard against the lefty. East wins with just enough offense.