2021 OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS

That match was everything the USA doesn't do well. They can push and attack for 6 minutes straight, but holding center and getting the first passivity point are two necessary skills in international wrestling that countries like Russia just do better than the US.

Team USA has five guys who can medal in Tokyo and six women who can challenge as well. Gotta move on and come home with some hardware.

That match was everything the USA doesn't do well. They can push and attack for 6 minutes straight, but holding center and getting the first passivity point are two necessary skills in international wrestling that countries like Russia just do better than the US.

Team USA has five guys who can medal in Tokyo and six women who can challenge as well. Gotta move on and come home with some hardware.
I wholly agree.

I'm excited about our teams. Aug. is a long ways away. USA! ??

Noticed this today when looking at some previous results...it's insanely hard to medal at the Olympics and then make the Olympics four (five) years later. Out of the 24 medalists in 2016, only 9 (Aliev, Chamizo, Yazdani, Sadulaev, Sharifov, Snyder, Saritov, Akgul, Petriashvili) have even qualified for the 2021 Olympics and all five in the lower/middle weights have moved up in weight.

*Americans
A wrestler like Mitch Finesilver, who would never have the opportunity to make a Senior US team, getting the opportunity to travel the world and wrestle is nothing but a good thing for wrestling in the United States. You can argue with me on guys like Micic (who could make a world team domestically), but guys like Finesilver and Sebastian Rivera and Angus Arthur getting to wrestle for another country is great.

A wrestler like Mitch Finesilver, who would never have the opportunity to make a Senior US team, getting the opportunity to travel the world and wrestle is nothing but a good thing for wrestling in the United States. You can argue with me on guys like Micic (who could make a world team domestically), but guys like Finesilver and Sebastian Rivera and Angus Arthur getting to wrestle for another country is great.
Yea wrestling for Israel benefits the United States greatly