2021 ACME Tournament

Indian lake and Bellefountaine pushed to 8pm. If Bell wins game two will be tomorrow.
It's iffy if this 8pm games is played

IL vs Bell pushed to Wednesday at 6pm.

IL is im winner's bracket.

Last storm was too much.. if any place can get a field ready it's Bellefountaine

IL vs Bell pushed to Wednesday at 6pm.

IL is im winner's bracket.

Last storm was too much.. if any place can get a field ready it's Bellefountaine
Since games pushed back, this gives pitchers more rest and coaches more pitchers to choose to start game. Does this help Van Wert because they may not see a team's ACE now on Saturday?

Since games pushed back, this gives pitchers more rest and coaches more pitchers to choose to start game. Does this help Van Wert because they may not see a team's ACE now on Saturday?
IL ace threw on Monday so he would be ready to go Saturday.
Unsure about Bellefontaine.

Full slate set for the weekend.
Been involved many years at the state and you typically see 4+ scouts on Saturday and Good luck to all, especially St Henry and Versailles....rep the MAC!

Also to Bellefountaine...glad to see them get the two wins so a program that respects ACME baseball reps district 6.

ACME is such a great organization started in the 60s by a few local coaches who wanted to give kids something to do in the summer. It has taken it's hits over the years but if used properly it can be a big time boon to your program and the kids.
I have been fortunate to be involved as a coach or player in 8 ACME State and loved it. You get out of it what you put in

Hopefully Elida doesn't get to much rain in the next 12 to 16 hours. Might have to start on the tournament on Sunday instead of tomorrow if they get alot of rain.

All games postponed for today. Back to the original times schedule for tomorrow. Stupid rain! ?
Figured this would happen..
Lights.....
ACME does not, from my experience, schedule games before noon on Sunday, you know, the Sabbath, but will have to now.

ACME State Semi Finals at Elida
Monday July 19th
Van Wert vs Defiance, 3pm
Tinora vs Versailles, 5:30
Championship Game 6pm, July 20th

ACME State Semi Finals at Elida
Monday July 19th
Van Wert vs Defiance, 3pm
Tinora vs Versailles, 5:30
Championship Game 6pm, July 20th
Horseshit having a 3pm week day game.
Even 5:30 is not a good idea.

Come on ACME Congress. We all know why.........lights..........

Championship game should be at at 7pm so more people can attend, 630 at the earliest. I want to catch the finals but 6pm is pushing it.

Congratulations to Van Wert! Down 8-0 and you fight back to tie it! Good luck to Defiance tomorrow night! This is just the start! Keep doing what Defiance baseball does! #defidoes

Congratulations to Van Wert! Down 8-0 and you fight back to tie it! Good luck to Defiance tomorrow night! This is just the start! Keep doing what Defiance baseball does! #defidoes
Did Defiance try to save some pitching up 8 That helped VW with the comeback?

Did Defiance try to save some pitching up 8 That helped VW with the comeback?
Just couldn't get the outs they needed in the bottom of 6. Shaw trying to paint the corners and the ump not giving him anything. And when he threw strikes, Van Wert was hitting him. Maybe they should have come with Liffick sooner, but I'm not the coach and I wholeheartedly trust in their decision making. It all worked out in the end. I thought maybe they did come close to putting in tomorrow's starter, very close.

Defiance vs Tinora tomorrow night 6pm in Elida for the 2021 ACME State Championship! The battle of Defiance County! Should be fun!

ACME. Good experience from a Versailles fan perspective.
Our Jr. ACME was a good team this year but got beat by Coldwater mainly because of some bad baserunning blunders. Coldwater was good enough to capitalize on them and win. Then we matched up with St. Henry who had a pitcher that was on his game. Pitching all his pitches for strikes.
Senior ACME found them in a semifinal game against Tinora. Their pitcher was not on his game and the opportunity to win and advance was right there. But Tinora made some nice plays defensively and Versailles didn't. Could of, would of, should of, Is frustrating but there was the experience factor that was gained.
I personally liked talking with parents and Grandparents of other teams along the way. Good people!
One interesting topic was, Are thereboys that play travel ball at your school? Do they come back to play in the tournament?
Congrats to Defiance for winning it and Tinora as your runner up.
We hope to be back next year!

Last edited:
ACME. Good experience from a Versailles fan perspective.
Our Jr. ACME was a good team this year but got beat by Coldwater mainly because of some bad baserunning blunders. Coldwater was good enough to capitalize on them and win. Then we matched up with St. Henry who had a pitcher that was on his game. Pitching all his pitches for strikes.
Senior ACME found them in a semifinal game against Tinora. Their pitcher was not on his game and the opportunity to win and advance was right there. But Tinora made some nice plays defensively and Versailles didn't. Could of, would of, should of, Is frustrating but there was the experience factor that was gained.
I personally liked talking with parents and Grandparents of other teams along the way. Good people!
One interesting topic was, Are there boys that play travel ball at your school? Do they come back to play in the tournament?
Congrats to Defiance for winning it and Tinora as your runner up.
We hope to be back next year!
Across the board:
Some do.
Some do not.

I was never a fan when a kid played elsewhere all summer, and comes back to take a kids spot who had been there for 20-30 games already.

I think it is crazy that many places that are firmly in the ACME footprint who do not participate or do not take it seriously at all.
It is an outstanding way to get ALL your kids playing time and experience without spending much (if any) money at all and as little or as much travel as you wish.

There used to be a rule where a kid had to play in 4 games to be eligible. I remember we had one who broke his wrist and we had him pinch run a couple of times (think it wsa like one pitch and then reenter) but they did away with it because some teams cheated. (wont say whom was a big offender....)

I consider ACME a program's off season program. Why would you not want to take advantage of it?

You mention talking to grandparents at games. A Huge plus to ACME baseball is that families, the whole family and extended, can attend all they wish and also the community involvement. Not uncommon to have hundreds of fans from the towns show up and the community buys in.
Also keeps the kids local so they can still do football, basketball, work and other school events.