2012 Lancer Football

LaSalle has the potential to go deep in the playoffs this upcoming season. Decent pool of talent and good strong defense, but it all starts and ends with the QB being able to put some points on the board. Hope Grippa makes the right choice between Burkhart, Meyer, and Thompson, otherwise it's gonna be a long season.

Wow, hadn't hear that. Wouldn't be my choice, if Burkhart was the go to QB why wasn't he in the pocket last year?? Doesn't make a whole lotta sense. At this point Grippa needs to be looking at the big picture, winning football translates into good recruitment for future seasons. If he doesn't make a good decision he may be looking for a new job come January. No excuses, it's all about the WIN baby!

As one Moeller coach who will remain anonymous told me, Grippa always goes for the senior because he thinks they may get a bigger better picture of the whole thing because of their age and experience. He doesn't always go for the one who's best and there have been a number of examples over the past 10 years to verify that. By the way does anyone see the fact that five La Salle graduates entered the NFL this year all of whom played on the same team at one time or another says something about your coaching staff when you have NFL prospects in your lineup and you still can't get into the playoffs or if you do , you cannot go deep ......this year will be no exception ....figuring two GCL losses.. Moe and probably X , leaves them only with one other loss they could afford to lose, but then with the schedule showing Indianapolis Northwest, that's a no points game and so what happens is that you have nine good games for points divided by 10 games which ain't going to get you nowhere in D1 R4. If Tom realizes the extent that excellent sports gets you people into the building, without a playoff picture this year, a gentleman by the name of Grippa should be gone next year..... let's hope my prediction is way off base

Last edited:
As one Moeller coach who will remain anonymous told me, Grippa always goes for the senior because he thinks they may get a bigger better picture of the whole thing because of their age and experience. He doesn't always go for the one who's best and there have been a number of examples over the past 10 years to verify that. By the way does anyone see the fact that five La Salle graduates entered the NFL this year all of whom played on the same team at one time or another says something about your coaching staff when you have NFL prospects in your lineup and you still can't get into the playoffs or if you do , you cannot go deep ......this year will be no exception ....figuring two GCL losses.. Moe and probably X , leaves them only with one other loss they could afford to lose, but then with the schedule showing Indianapolis Northwest, that's a no points game and so what happens is that you have nine good games for points divided by 10 games which ain't going to get you nowhere in D1 R4. If Tom realizes the extent that excellent sports gets you people into the building, without a playoff picture this year, a gentleman by the name of Grippa should be gone next year..... let's hope my prediction is way off base

Indy Northwest???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We have some great players to watch this year who are conditioning hard everyday to bring pride to La Salle; let's get behind them.

7 on 7's start soon, who's going and what do you hope to see? Have heard Grippa say defense will be very good this year and fast. Hope to come away with the same confidence with QB as coach has..

Indy Northwest???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My bad ..... waterson is taking their place..... looking at the last year schedule but needless to say the remaining parts of my discourse remain true

I think we all agree that coaching wise there have been significant problems over the last few years and it sounds like quarterback position maybe one for this year's team