2011 Velocity Tryouts Feb/Jan!

Nsidelacrosse

Looks like the 5th team in the nation finally decided to post the tryout dates. They must have been waiting for the teams to return from the National Championship! Smart move...seeing as the Elite team placed 5th in the US!

Good luck to all the Velocity Travel Teams in 2011!
www.velocitylacrossetravel.com

This Is a smart move to move up tryouts- seeing as the other teams in the Ohio area seem to have done this! What's up with all these random other teams coming out of the wood work? Seems like Royals and Velocity are the true Midwest teams?

"Smart move...seeing as the Elite team placed 5th in the US!"

Dick's Sporting Goods Tournament of Champions-National Championship Rankings-Sun Jan 2, 2011-

1. Kaninkehaka Krunch Elite-Six Nations-NY
2. Road Warriors Lacrosse-NY
3. Edge Juniors-Ontario, Canada
4. New Westminster Salmonbellies-BC
5. Velocity Elite-Cincinnati, OH.

Nice finish for the boys from Cincinnati!

The National Scholastic Club Lacrosse Association

Nice finish I guess for Velocity (looks like they lost a lot of games) but put this tournament thing in perspective. You are way overstating it I think. See this link for the best clubs in the country and tell us all Velocity would be 5th in the country against those clubs.

http://www.nscla.com/page2/page2.html

Titanium from Columbus is the only club from the midwest getting a look to enter this elite group of clubs based on their good showing at King of the Hill and Champ Camp.

"Smart move...seeing as the Elite team placed 5th in the US!"

Dick's Sporting Goods Tournament of Champions-National Championship Rankings-Sun Jan 2, 2011-

1. Kaninkehaka Krunch Elite-Six Nations-NY
2. Road Warriors Lacrosse-NY
3. Edge Juniors-Ontario, Canada
4. New Westminster Salmonbellies-BC
5. Velocity Elite-Cincinnati, OH.

Nice finish for the boys from Cincinnati!

Nice finish I guess for Velocity (looks like they lost a lot of games) but put this tournament thing in perspective. You are way overstating it I think. See this link for the best clubs in the country and tell us all Velocity would be 5th in the country against those clubs.

Titanium from Columbus is the only club from the midwest getting a look to enter this elite group of clubs based on their good showing at King of the Hill and Champ Camp.

They lost 4 games and won 5. Two of the losses were to the champion Krunch and one was to the team that took third.

This Is a smart move to move up tryouts- seeing as the other teams in the Ohio area seem to have done this! What's up with all these random other teams coming out of the wood work? Seems like Royals and Velocity are the true Midwest teams?

I think you'll find that Burning River from Cleveland has consistently placed in the top 5, in more than one division, Winning it all in 08 (elite). So to say they are the true midwest teams is a stretch

There are some solid teams there. There are MANY great programs that are not included there. NESLL, Dallas Select, Team Florida, Dukes, Top Gun Clams, Headstrong, West Coast Elite (Starz)...

It would be virtually impossible to say who is the best. Similar to Baseball, there are so many tournaments that call themselves "National Championships". Velocity played well against top quality teams. The Krunch was solid as was the Edge. Credit needs to be given where due.

There are some solid teams there. There are MANY great programs that are not included there. NESLL, Dallas Select, Team Florida, Dukes, Top Gun Clams, Headstrong, West Coast Elite (Starz)...

It would be virtually impossible to say who is the best. Similar to Baseball, there are so many tournaments that call themselves "National Championships". Velocity played well against top quality teams. The Krunch was solid as was the Edge. Credit needs to be given where due.

completely agree. I think people should disregard what "place" velocity came in and just look at the fact that they played, and beat many good teams. Until there is a legit national tournament for club teams, I take all the rankings with a grain of salt.

I think Velocity did a good job in tampa and they made cincy look good. The only thing that has always puzzled me about velocity is there summer schedule. It seems like they dont even make an attempt to go to the big name tournaments. The turkey shootout is good and so is the NDP but the most important recruiting season is summer and Velocity doesnt do a good job of putting there kids in front of the right coaches. Royals and Cincy elite both have schedules that allow for their kids to get solid looks but Velocity is not so much. Not sure about the reasoning behind it but anyways, velocity did a good job at NDP and they deserve credit for it